Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #210
The thread is about R1 DJC - none of your suggestions for CHF would seem to be ready?

Anyway, the line up as shown is about our "forward 6" - they surely will be rotated through different roles throughout the game rather than play in one fixed position.

There's still only one key forward in that forward six and we won't kick a competitive score if we have to rely on Casboult, Kreuzer, Phillips, Rowe, etc to share the duties.  Playing White, Walker or Everitt as a key forward would give Richmond an advantage.

I fear that we may go with an underdone Jaksch, an underdeveloped Curnow or an underwhelming Jones  :(

Of course, Thomas isn't available for round 1 but I don't think his replacement will weaken the side.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #211
i don't get the idea of a resting forward. :o
ALL of our forwards spend 90% of the game running to and from our backline, generally behind the ball as well.
We have no stay at home forwards anymore.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it changes due to the limited rotations, defenders also won't be able to run up and down like they have in the past.

It's not so much resting it's more about making extra rotations available for certain mids while reducing your own run. I think it's only available as an option to marking talls who demand a defenders attention, they will be able to reduce their running for a period while we try to lock the ball inside F50 with small medium sized players rotating. Of course you must win the midfield to implement this strategy.

Expect more zones in 2016 and less man on man.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #212
There's still only one key forward in that forward six and we won't kick a competitive score if we have to rely on Casboult, Kreuzer, Phillips, Rowe, etc to share the duties.  Playing White, Walker or Everitt as a key forward would give Richmond an advantage.

I fear that we may go with an underdone Jaksch, an underdeveloped Curnow or an underwhelming Jones  :(

Of course, Thomas isn't available for round 1 but I don't think his replacement will weaken the side.

It will all obviously come down to how BB structures for the game, and the rotations and the tactics he employs. It's his challenge to optimise our approach based on the personnel available. High, dumb bombs into F50 will not work as they play to one of our major current weaknesses. He has to make sure we are a lot more creative and less predictable, based on the personnel ready and available for the game and their respective strengths.  I'll be very interested to see how we approach it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #213
Gees I'd like to beat these over rated hicks but I'm a realist... I'd take a competitive effort where we kick more than 13 goals and keep them under 18.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #214
It's going to be very interesting to see how it changes due to the limited rotations, defenders also won't be able to run up and down like they have in the past.

It's not so much resting it's more about making extra rotations available for certain mids while reducing your own run. I think it's only available as an option to marking talls who demand a defenders attention, they will be able to reduce their running for a period while we try to lock the ball inside F50 with small medium sized players rotating. Of course you must win the midfield to implement this strategy.

Expect more zones in 2016 and less man on man.

Expect the continued overlap and free player availability other teams seem get when they play us.
Zones are great when EVERYONE is on the same page.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #215
Expect the continued overlap and free player availability other teams seem get when they play us.
Zones are great when EVERYONE is on the same page.

It was pretty apparent we weren't against the Swans - in fact we looked all at sea at times. I guess we have to persevere though if we want to master it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #216
I'd like to see Murphy spend most of his time as a forward. Besides being very good there, we need to start moving into the next generation midfield. Murphy for spurts and when they new guys start to lose their way (which will likely be often to begin with)
We need a small bloke in the fwd line that can draw a free kick, Murph is quite good at it. About time we start exploiting goals from frees like other teams do to us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #217
We need a small bloke in the fwd line that can draw a free kick, Murph is quite good at it. About time we start exploiting goals from frees like other teams do to us.

Fair point. Start watching tapes of Lindsay Thomas.

Reply #219

We are Carlton, we don't get free kicks! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #221
Ain't that the truth  >:(
Change is in the winds, I can feel it  ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #222
Gee part of me is pretty confident in an upset.

Reckon the Tigers are underdone and we will win plenty of ball.

I can't see us turning around our skills and execution so quickly, but their is plenty of experience in that side and reckon the Tiges are quite ready for 2016.

I am not holding out much hope though.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #223
Can you imagine if we beat those hillbillies ,we would set them back for a while  :D  .I dont  think we will win but our beautiful jumper makes them panic no end .The 3 dangers to us  are Rance,Riwolting and Martini ( but he might be off his game becoz of his old man woes  heres hoping )      

Reply #224
Guaranteed, if it is a Carlton win then the media will spin it as 9thmond had a depleted and injury crippled list. If 9thmond win the media will say it's because Carlton's list is no good.
The Force Awakens!