Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45138 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #45
Forget the umps in the last, that pathetic first quarter shows nothing has changed mentally with CFC players - they just assumed the job would get done rather than actually doing it!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
Even with the umpires against us, it shouldnt have been left in their hands.
Who the fluck do these players think they are to "expect" to just roll up to win???
Says it all about our list really.

MM should take a lot of heat for this loss IMO. My reasons........
* Buckley clearly hadnt  recovered from last weeks knock.
* We lose 2 runners in Walker and Armfield and bring in Carrazzo who by all reports struggled last week in the 2's.
*We CANNOT have Ellard, Carrazzo,McLean ALL in the same team. Way too slow.
* Why not thro Garlett in the guts when everyone else was spent? We finished pumping the ball long and with absolutely no run.

This club has not learnt a bloody thing in 10 f**ken years !. It is exactly why we have so many supporters who refuse to pay a membership because they know what this club gives them in return.......NADA!
If we are good enough, the Umpires won't make a difference. That they did make a significant difference, from the sound of things, tells a lot about us.
I didn't see any of the game, but from the stats it does look as though Buckley wasn't 100%. He had less effect than Ellard who didn't last half a game. That Waite was less effective than Ellard as well was terrible.
I wouldn't have played Carrots. He needed a few weeks in the VFL to get back into form, not 2/3 of a game. If he had to play, I would have had him as emergency.
I would not play Judd next week: a lesson that looks pretty clear.

Pace: having 3 slow mids is a structural weakness we must address. We were better last week with the pace of Armfield and Walker. Granted that another slowish mid and tagger in Curnow is not far away (hopefully also starting the VFL), we have to consider what that does to our midfield's run.

We do need to turn over our list, that is for certain.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #47
Anybody still wishing to debate the worthlessness of winning the taps?

Would have lost by 10 goals without them.

They are a deception, they hurt us more than they help because we expect them to be to our advantage and they are often not!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
I think the Waite contract comments are a little premature. Without him and with white And Rowe futures not clear it would create another headache.

Dosnt excuse his actions tho.

Reply #49
Perhaps MM assumed a win too?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #50
Even with the umpires against us, it shouldnt have been left in their hands.
Who the fluck do these players think they are to "expect" to just roll up to win???
Says it all about our list really.

MM should take a lot of heat for this loss IMO. My reasons........
* Buckley clearly hadnt  recovered from last weeks knock.
* We lose 2 runners in Walker and Armfield and bring in Carrazzo who by all reports struggled last week in the 2's.
*We CANNOT have Ellard, Carrazzo,McLean ALL in the same team. Way too slow.
* Why not thro Garlett in the guts when everyone else was spent? We finished pumping the ball long and with absolutely no run.

This club has not learnt a bloody thing in 10 f**ken years !. It is exactly why we have so many supporters who refuse to pay a membership because they know what this club gives them in return.......NADA!
If we are good enough, the Umpires won't make a difference. That they did make a significant difference, from the sound of things, tells a lot about us.
I didn't see any of the game, but from the stats it does look as though Buckley wasn't 100%. He had less effect than Ellard who didn't last half a game. That Waite was less effective than Ellard as well was terrible.
I wouldn't have played Carrots. He needed a few weeks in the VFL to get back into form, not 2/3 of a game. If he had to play, I would have had him as emergency.
I would not play Judd next week: a lesson that looks pretty clear.

Pace: having 3 slow mids is a structural weakness we must address. We were better last week with the pace of Armfield and Walker. Granted that another slowish mid and tagger in Curnow is not far away (hopefully also starting the VFL), we have to consider what that does to our midfield's run.

After seeing Carrots in last week's game for the NBs I was convinced he needed another week before returning.

But, regardless of personnel, tonight's effort was one of the worst for more than a year. I hope there are not pale attempts at excuses from the club. That loss said only bad things about our club... players, leaders, discipline, assistant coaches, Senior Coach, selection committee - everyone needs to look in the full length mirror and accept their part in what can only be described as a deplorable, limp, arrogant (disgregard to the opponent) and psychologically puny effort from our club. And this can only happen if you have too many puny people at the place.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
Can't say I am surprised.  Time after time this happens.  

We are seriously going nowhere.  It's like we are drowning and head keeps bobbing inand out of water. 

Reply #52
Going by MM's 2 minute press conference I think he's over it.

Reply #53
Going by MM's 2 minute press conference I think he's over it.

One too many words there?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54

We've been saying this for years, it's getting monotonous.
The problems at the club are cultural, no one can convince me that Brisbane had better players on the ground tonight.
We've never shaken off the ridiculous arrogance that Elliott fostered and promoted, it was only a few years ago that we were still talking about the Carlton swagger.
We need a reality check and we need to start getting down and dirty, I think Malthouse is the right bloke to get us there but he needs to move a few of the relics on and draw a line under the Carlton myths.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #55
Perhaps MM assumed a win too?

I highly doubt it.  MM would be angry, frustrated, bemused etc  with our lack of effort, skill, discipline, desire and attitude to the contest out there tonight. And to think yo-yo's used to be cool.

Our list is deplorable and the current lack of leadership on the field is pathetic.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #56
I'm actually not that upset.

I'll even give MM a break. I thought we were just cooked.

There was a boundary throw in with 5 minutes to go and out guys just couldnt get there.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #57
Well I didn't see this game but I went to the supermarket and switched it off we were 16 points ahead and sounded like coasting to the finish line, came to the Brisbane club song. WTF?!?

Reply #58
Even Menzel's silky skills eluded him tonight.

Hardly noticed Gibbs, Buckley and Carazzo.

Rowe is doing well enough. I reckon he broke even with Brown, and Brown got some beautiful passes to his advantage. It's a shame that Sam isn't a dashing attacking defender like say, Dustin Fletcher has been.

Reply #59
Not cooked, just retarded and lazy.

Our Midfielders are rarely accountable enough over four quarters to keep the required pressure on the opposition. 

I hate watching how soft we have become.   >:(
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!