Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45141 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #60
I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnell here.

Club needs to make some hard decsions and quick   

Reply #61
In a match where we were expected to boost our percentage we lose to the bottom-placed Lions.

There will be some blood spent tonight !!  >:D
I didn't expect anything less than the result we got tonite, my footy tips reflect this. For me there was nothing surer. I could come up with a number of reasons why we lost. But the main one is simply we are Carlton.
If you:
- Are horribly out of form
- Are on the bottom of the ladder
- Haven't won a last qtr in 10 rounds
- Lose your one and only ruckman early in the game
- Have many inexperienced players
- Haven't won a game in Australia
- Have a captain who is on his last legs
Come up against Carlton and we can fix all of the above for you.
Nuff said other than I told you so, no rime, reason or logic, just I told you so.
#rollercoaster
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Seriously, who didn't see this crap coming?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #63
In a match where we were expected to boost our percentage we lose to the bottom-placed Lions.

There will be some blood spent tonight !!  >:D
I didn't expect anything less than the result we got tonite, my footy tips reflect this. For me there was nothing surer. I could come up with a number of reasons why we lost. But the main one is simply we are Carlton.
If you:
- Are horribly out of form
- Are on the bottom of the ladder
- Haven't won a last qtr in 10 rounds
- Lose your one and only ruckman early in the game
- Have many inexperienced players
- Haven't won a game in Australia
- Have a captain who is on his last legs
Come up against Carlton and we can fix all of the above for you.
Nuff said other than I told you so, no rime, reason or logic, just I told you so.
#rollercoaster

Forgot to add if we are going for a third win in a row

Reply #64
We do need to turn over our list, that is for certain.

We've been saying this for years, it's getting monotonous.
The problems at the club are cultural, no one can convince me that Brisbane had better players on the ground tonight.
No, we trot out the same bunch of heartless spastics who can't kick week in week out. Seriously the misses in front of goal is embarrassing now. As for the number of passengers every week....
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
No, we trot out the same bunch of heartless spastics who can't kick week in week out. Seriously the misses in front of goal is embarrassing now. As for the number of passengers every week....

It's part of the culture, we don't believe and we don't instil belief in our young players, it's self perpetuating.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #66

It's part of the culture, we don't believe and we don't instil belief in our young players, it's self perpetuating.
[/quote]

I also posted this link in the Sack Malthouse thread - it ties in to what you are saying b4l.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/Home/VideoonDemand/tabid/947/contentid/649206/Default.aspx

Reply #67
Watched the first 15 mins, that was enough for me, had disaster written all over it....

My interest in this season is now officially over.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #68
 If you want to see what Sticks and co. thought MM would bring to the club, look at what Roos is doing at the Dees. The last time the team showed any passion was the in the finals under Ratts, but then we were stiff with injuries and lack of depth at the same time. Our list has shown what they are capable of for some quarters, but they cannot do it for 4 quarters, week in , week out without belief in MM and the rest of the team. Tonight showed we have a long way to go.
They threw us out in 2000 until the rat led us back. Then we killed the rat and got an old pie.

Reply #69
Dafuq happened?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Seriously, who didn't see this crap coming?

Even pre game when Dwayne " The Rooster" Russell interviewed MM and made reference to our "winning" streak, it was quite apparent that MM is not blind to our reality. We lose to teams we shouldn't and that has been our reality for more than a decade now. Our culture is shot and we have become a reliable source for clubs that need a game to play them back into form. Sure we may win some decent clashes from time to time but our reality is we are a bottom 4 side based on our inconsistency and lack of killer instinct. I don't lay the blame at MM's feet, and while there has been many colossal failures by our recruiters I still believe that any player drafted to our club must be instilled with the philosophy that has seen this mighty club deliver 16 flags and that in turn must be reflected on field. What I'm seeing is more like Western Bulldogs ideology.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #71
I don’t like losing.  It is not the Carlton way – losing is for losers…. and I simply can’t stomach a side not having a fair dinkum go but this is a particularly bad loss that underlines everything that is wrong with this club.   The problem is that until we accept where we are expect this kind of rubbish to continue indefinitely.  All are at fault – the players and our much vaunted coach/MC.  Everybody.
It is grossly unfair to single out individuals when the greater part of the playing group lack the decency and professionalism to “turn up to ready play” and also show an inconsistent work ethic within games.  A simple question to highlight the issue… why is the likes of Gibbs either BOG or has no impact?  Why such a disparity in effectiveness for an established player?
Fair dinkum we have some passengers… which we continue to play week after week.  Yes there are a few missing but I guess that underlines just how weak our list if we must continue to play blokes who can’t give their best due to injury or a limited preparation.
As for the coach and MC (I include them in the same breath)… this game really sent mixed messages as to where the club is going.  Players where clearly picked on reputation and past form as opposed to current form….to the detriment of the team.  Meanwhile we have fully fit kids running around at the NB’s.  Again it probably shows how thin our list is and the reality that we simply have no alternatives other than to continue playing the same limited bunch.
Was beating Brisbane soooo important in the scheme of things that we have to put this cobbled together side out on the park?  Newsflash guys; we ain’t going to make the finals … this was the ideal game in which to play the likes of Graham and Johnson maybe even to try that lump Watson at CHF but instead we went after another win in another season that is going nowhere.  Making the finals last year was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this club because it gave it a false sense of belief that everything was tracking as it should…another newsflash…it ain’t!
This club needs to accept that we aren’t within a bull’s roar of being challenger – we are rapidly going backwards – and needs to start thinking and planning about improving sooner rather than later or we are looking at decades in the wilderness.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #72
  Everybody.
It is grossly unfair to single out individuals when the greater part of the playing group lack the decency and professionalism to “turn up to ready play” and also show an inconsistent work ethic within games.  A simple question to highlight the issue… why is the likes of Gibbs either BOG or has no impact?  Why such a disparity in effectiveness for an established player?

That's the key as far as I'm concerned. This is not an untalented group of footballers.....but their intensity and application varies greatly from their best to their worst. Players drift in and out of the game.....have great quarters and then disappear. They'll attack the ball ferociously at one contest and then stand back and watch the next couple, thinking they've done enough.
It's that inconsistency that annoys me.
I'll be honest and say that I thought we were terrible in the first quarter yesterday but once we got on top in the second and kicked a few in a row I relaxed. I thought it was just a matter of playing out time.....in fact switched off, did a few other things while keeping an eye on the television. It wasn't until well into the last quarter that it even occurred to me that we wouldn't win. Maybe by not as much as I thought but a scrappy win  would have been fine given the poor start.
Undisciplined acts and poor umpiring played their part but it should never have been close enough for those things to have an impact.

We have a huge problem and it's a lot more difficult to overcome than just cutting less skilled players.
Our problem is that some of our most skilled players are amongst our most inconsistent.
..and it's in this group that this "attitude" is most entrenched
On the other side some of our most committed are less skilled, or like Buckley still green.

I'm not sure how you break that generational problem because while the young are being influenced by the old, then the "old" attitudes will continue to be passed on.

Reply #73
Just had a look at that "mark" of Yarran's again.
Quite apart from whether it was a mark or not....... (as Mick pointed out in the presser Brown took his legs), the action of Brown in grabbing his legs in mid-air was reckless and dangerous...and should have been at least a free kick.
Yarran could have been seriously hurt.

Reply #74
As for the coach and MC (I include them in the same breath)… this game really sent mixed messages as to where the club is going.  Players where clearly picked on reputation and past form as opposed to current form….to the detriment of the team.  Meanwhile we have fully fit kids running around at the NB’s.  Again it probably shows how thin our list is and the reality that we simply have no alternatives other than to continue playing the same limited bunch.
Was beating Brisbane soooo important in the scheme of things that we have to put this cobbled together side out on the park?  Newsflash guys; we ain’t going to make the finals … this was the ideal game in which to play the likes of Graham and Johnson maybe even to try that lump Watson at CHF but instead we went after another win in another season that is going nowhere.  Making the finals last year was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this club because it gave it a false sense of belief that everything was tracking as it should…another newsflash…it ain’t!
This club needs to accept that we aren’t within a bull’s roar of being challenger – we are rapidly going backwards – and needs to start thinking and planning about improving sooner rather than later or we are looking at decades in the wilderness.

I liked all of your post but especially this part. I don't see the likes of Rowe or White being part of the future but they're played because they offer a more consistent contest, that said they are battlers at best.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!