Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 22893 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 16 Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #45
What about the 10 years before that?

Only interested in recent history.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #46
What about the 10 years before that?

There's a lot to overcome. Half the list has only been around for a short time though. Could be bad or good.

Reply #47
Meaty discussion this culture stuff.

Yes, right to point out as some have that 'culture' must get buy in from every section of the club, including the Board. Which means Board Members, yes you, need to up your game as well. If the players squabbled and got into factions on the field as you do behind closed doors, we'd be cactus for an eternity. Get on the same page, leave your egos in the car park... or FO and make way for someone who loves the club and not the sound of their own voice.

Looks to me that Trigg and Presidente understand this and are making positive moves to turn the good ship PP around and away from past mistakes and toward strategies that work in today's environment/realities. And thus far JB has also shown he's bought into this and is prepared to steer a vastly improved culture in his area of responsibility. But this will take time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
[flash=200,200]https://www.youtube.com/v/Mr-IN9tpq8M[/flash]

That's the culture I like! Get out there and feckin' WIN!

Keep it simple............. Inspire me! ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Meaty discussion this culture stuff.

Yes, right to point out as some have that 'culture' must get buy in from every section of the club, including the Board. Which means Board Members, yes you, need to up your game as well. If the players squabbled and got into factions on the field as you do behind closed doors, we'd be cactus for an eternity. Get on the same page, leave your egos in the car park... or FO and make way for someone who loves the club and not the sound of their own voice.

Looks to me that Trigg and Presidente understand this and are making positive moves to turn the good ship PP around and away from past mistakes and toward strategies that work in today's environment/realities. And thus far JB has also shown he's bought into this and is prepared to steer a vastly improved culture in his area of responsibility. But this will take time.

I don't want to turn this into another Malthouse discussion but I think Barker is focused on team success whereas Malthouse was more focused on himself.

Getting the playing group (and the Board, coaching staff, etc) to put team success first is essential if we are to be really competitive.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Brad Walsh has been elevated and Gibbs on to the long term injury list. I'd say he'll debut this week.

Walsh goes all right, he doesn't look anything special but neither did Nick Graham, not that I'm suggesting that Graham will be the next Diesel Williams.
We need to try as many of these young blokes as we can, if they show a glimpse or two then persevere, if not then cut them before we waste time like we have in the past.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #52
Brad Walsh has been elevated and Gibbs on to the long term injury list. I'd say he'll debut this week.

Great...I'm already on the bandwagon and be nice for him to debut at home...

Rowe, Dochety and Walsh in...

Wood, Gibbs and Armys arm out...Wood is unlucky given Rowe didnt do much in the NB's and Sandilands needs two genuine ruckman to work in tandem against him..

Reply #53

Great...I'm already on the bandwagon and be nice for him to debut at home...

Rowe, Dochety and Walsh in...

Wood, Gibbs and Armys arm out...Wood is unlucky given Rowe didnt do much in the NB's and Sandilands needs two genuine ruckman to work in tandem against him..

yeah, strange call on the ruck department. Fields gets another go.

Reply #54
Very strange omitting Wood. Me thinks a late change may eventuate, or maybe it's going to piss down rain?

Have to admit, I love an Elwood smokey so looking forward to seeing Walsh debut.

Edit: Was WA captain in the Under 18 Championships! Impressive CV.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
8 players from them rookie list in the side this week.

Reply #56
Hard to believe it's already round 16 huh? Remember Freo were all the rage for the first 7-8 rounds, boy how much have they dropped off? Pity we have so many out.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Very strange omitting Wood.

Wood has been a warrior this year but he has been struggling to jump off the ground in recent weeks so he would be uncompetitive against the big bloke. I am content to see Rowe and/or Levi providing relief for Kreuzer.

Reply #58
Wood has been a warrior this year but he has been struggling to jump off the ground in recent weeks so he would be uncompetitive against the big bloke. I am content to see Rowe and/or Levi providing relief for Kreuzer.
That is pretty accurate. He struggled last week against Hampson. But the, so did Kreuzer.
Wood will be back, but he does need to get some form and confidence up. Much better chance of doing that against Casey than against Freo.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #59
Fremantle

B: Lee Spurr, Luke McPharlin, Garrick Ibbotson.
HB: Danyle Pearce, Alex Pearce, Stephen Hill.
C : Tommy Sheridan, Nat Fyfe, Nick Suban.
HF: Michael Barlow, Chris Mayne, Matt de Boer.
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Pavlich, Michael Walters.
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Lachie Neale.
Int: Jonathon Griffin, Matt Taberner, Cameron Sutcliffe, Hayden Crozier.

Emg: Lachie Weller, Ed Langdon, Zac Clarke.

In: Jonathon Griffin, Matt Taberner, Cameron Sutcliffe, Hayden Crozier.

Out: Paul Duffield (Omitted), Tendai Mzungu (Omitted), Clancee Pearce (Omitted), Zac Clarke (Omitted)

Carlton

B: Simon White, Michael Jamison, Tom Fields.
HB: Chris Yarran, Zach Tuohy, Dylan Buckley.
C: Kade Simpson, Andrew Carrazzo, Sam Docherty.
HF: Ed Curnow, Tom Bell, Andrejs Everitt.
F: Levi Casboult, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int:  Nick Holman, Sam Rowe, Jason Tutt, Brad Walsh.

Emg:  Blaine Boekhorst, Matthew Dick, Mark Whiley.

In: Sam Docherty, Sam Rowe, Brad Walsh.

Out: Bryce Gibbs (pectoral muscle), Cameron Wood (Omitted), Dennis Armfield (arm).

New: Brad Walsh

Live Long and Prosper!