Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Freo (In Game) (Read 23428 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Freo (In Game)

Reply #45
Can some one please explain to me why a free wasn't given when we have our head over the ball and Fyfe turns side on and bumps to the head?!?

I've always said it's easy to give free kicks against a bottom side and even easier to give them when they are playing away.

Reply #46
Great! Thanks!!

We are playing on their ground with no doubt biased umpiring with quite a few of our guys injured and not playing... 15 down at halftime is not a disgrace at all. Obviously I'm not watching it but you'd take that scoreline with where we're at any day of the week?
Yes agree , there are positive signs re only 15 down, especially when we gave then 2 frees in the square? If we can change the ratio of kicks into the 50 where we can actually take a mark, and have players there, we might put them under pressure.

Reply #47
I really do not want to appear to be picking on Henderson, but the bloke has no mongrel, no fierceness at the contest, no ruthlessness. I just witnessed two kids (Cripps and Holman) show more desire and commitment to the contest than Henderson has shown all year.

He looks like he's trying to not get hurt so he can sign a big contract. No second efforts and no toughness. Yet Kruezer who should be nervous about his future throws himself around at every chance.

Reply #48
You want to be positive, but when you have players giving half efforts and stupid turnovers from players who should know better it's hard.

Reply #49
Everitt has been inexcusable tonight.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
Touhey's free to Pav in front of goal, is symptomatic of what I keep saying every week. A whole body to tackle, but they have to grab blokes around the neck. I would love whomever is our next coach to institute a system of fines, with the money to go to CFC main charity Peter Mac. Hit the players in the hip pocket, it's the only way they MIGHT learn.

Include in the fines, missing goals from 30 metres out directly in front.Kicking to the opposition. Fine them for basic mistakes which senior footballers should never make.

So far, I'm pleased with the effort considering the passengers we are carrying.
Rowe, Tutt, Henderson, Yarran, Curnow, just not up to it, and never will be. The jury is still out on Fields but he's done nothing of note. Carrazo, needs to retire at years end.

I said last week that I didn't want Barker as coach. I said that he lacked passion in the box and seemed to cop mistakes. I then watched his after match conference last week, and heard him interviewed.

It is gratifying to know, that he is fully aware of the lack of skill that his players posses, and the areas that need improving. In the interview, he was asked about his lack of apparent passion in the box compared to other coaches. he said that he's doing it tough internally, but feels that if he was to get too carried away, it would hinder him from thinking about exactly what he needs to do in the game.

I respect him for that, and don't know if he will get the job, but think that given some better cattle, he would do a devent job.

Whether or not a decent job would be good enough, is debatable.

AND one more thing about the umpiring.

The umpiring is disgraceful, and it is unforgivable that it is. There are three of those mentally deficient idiots out there, so you would think that they would have half a chance of getting it right.

However that last free kick on the buzzer given for a so called push in the back against Docherty, when 5 seconds earlier, he received exactly the same so called push in the back and it wasn't paid, is symptomatic, of umpires favouring teams at the top of the ladder against teams at the bottom.

They shouldn't do it, but they do, and always have.

And it's bloody frustrating.

However until such times as the sickly sweet commentators covering games, instead of saying like Dunstall said, "there wasn't much in that", when the free was awarded against Docherty, had said, "that was a disgraceful free kick given by an umpire who is clueless", then you might actually get a reaction from the powers that be.

And instead of the League licking the collective bottoms of umpires and telling us that these highly paid individuals, paid with our hard earned I should add, are a protected species, said that the umpires will be placed on notice that simple mistakes will have them umpiring in the under 8's, they might actually pay frees based on the rules, rather than what they think a free should be paid for, and start treating all teams equally.

Reply #52
A little too much left to too few.....but 15 points down at half time and you can't be completely unhappy.
I reckon most of us would have taken that at that start of the game.
Just a bit of superiority in skill.

As opposed to some of our long bombing some of those Freo passes are scorchers.
They barely seem to get off the ground.

Reply #53
You want to be positive, but when you have players giving half efforts and stupid turnovers from players who should know better it's hard.

Ditto.

I watch Henderson and see exactly what you do, this bloke seems to have already left the footy club. Indecisive and a fairdinkum liability, appears all about self and not team. Club, drop him until he makes up his mind because this bloke is not a committed team player at present.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55
I forgot about Everitt. has obviously decided that now the season is gone, he aint gunna get injured so is just putting in enough to pick him each week so he gets paid.

Reply #56
Ditto.

I watch Henderson and see exactly what you do, this bloke seems to have already left the footy club. Indecisive and a fairdinkum liability, appears all about self and not team. Club, drop him until he makes up his mind because this bloke is not a committed team player at present.
You might be spot on Baggers , show you want to be here or go

Reply #57
Ditto.

This is the thing - if he's dropped surely we'll be less likely to get anything decent from him?

I would love to bench him for the remainder if the year if it's clear he's going but it'd be to our detriment

Reply #58
Yarran OMG...
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59
We will not learn, keep going back as first option ? Why?