Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match (Read 49241 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match

Reply #135
Mav and cookie.

Mav, my intention was to show direct quotes from Parkin to reinforce what you were saying.

cookie, I agree with you.

I would also add that I believe the "younger=authoritarian, older=empowerment" model is probably simplistic. I think it should be done on a case by case basis, with each player being given a level of direction / empowerment that is appropriate for them, young or old.  With power comes responsibility, and the more responsibility you show, the more empowered you are allowed to be. I would also add that in general terms, the best model would be to try and find a "sweet spot" between a Barassi style dictatorship, and an Animal Farm tail-wags-the-dog setup. There is no substitute for being an astute judge of character.

Reply #136
Hahahaha OMG in raptures! Some of your finest work there Thry. I'm tipping you never listened to one of Mick's press conferences ever? Because surely one person could not be that delusional? Then again.....
We just had our worst loss in the clubs history and you think  I'm delusional?  Malthouse has been gone for months now.

I reckon you and your keyboard warrior mates are proving just how wrong they were about this group and it stings.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #137
But back to the original comment you made.....

The comments made by CEO Trigg and MLG have deflated this group more than anything our coaching or playing group have offered up.

I'm tipping you never listened to one of Mick's press conferences ever? Because surely one person could not be that delusional?

Well, did you?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #138
But back to the original comment you made.....

I'm tipping you never listened to one of Mick's press conferences ever? Because surely one person could not be that delusional?

Well, did you?

Tell us again about the premiership we would have won if Malthouse hadn't hurt our players feelings.

Paul Hewson

Reply #139
Tell us again about the premiership we would have won if Malthouse hadn't hurt our players feelings.

I can tell you how many spoons we would have won if he didn't give up.... Sadly we didn't believe a numpty like Barker could get that much improvement out our side.

Reply #140

Delusion it is. Certainly explains a lot!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
It's mind boggling that we have a club whose DNA includes the fact that players regularly go on strike when the coach gives them directions they don't like.  They talk the talk about loving the coach - Malthouse and JB most recently - but they don't play for them.  And the coaching merry-go-round continues while the players largely stay out of the firing line. 

What's even more mind boggling is that many of our supporters want the coach sacked when they deem that he's "lost the players".
The tail's been wagging the dog for way too long at the CFC.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #142
One thing we should consider about Fridays performance is after we play North this week, we will have played seven of the top eight teams over the past nine weeks. The two teams we played who are out of the eight are the teams we have beaten. Our draw has been tough. Put together with our injuries and the six day turn arounds and the travel to Perth provides some context, however it is not an excuse
Additionally we have played forty players so far this season so I would suggest that we are looking at our list and determining who is staying and who is going to stay. There will be some pain, but this is what we want.

Reply #143
Normally when someone tells you you're crap the reaction is to to tell them to stick it up their jumper and prove them wrong.

Our delicate violets are demoralised and can't compete.

Pretty poor.

'Normally' You're talking about a different generation Thry. Kids today don't have that same drive....unless it is forced upon them by a good culture and proven veterans.

Our boys could've/should've learned a lot from someone like Juddy.
Perhaps they learned too much from someone like Fev.

Who knows. They don't learn from anyone. Time to shake it up.

Reply #144
What's even more mind boggling is that many of our supporters want the coach sacked when they deem that he's "lost the players".

The club was happy to let Mick weaver his magic and keep us at the bottom of the ladder. Mick gave up. The sacking was just because he didn't want to walk away from his money, we effectively had no choice but to do it.

Reply #145

Can't sack 40 players unfortunately. Sadly the tail might wag the dog, as it did at Richmond for years before Hardwick, but that unfortunately a job of the coach to change that culture. Some coaching jobs are harder than others but that's the coach's job. Mightn't be right but that's how it is.

Reply #146
Can't sack 40 players unfortunately. Sadly the tail might wag the dog, as it did at Richmond for years before Hardwick, but that unfortunately a job of the coach to change that culture. Some coaching jobs are harder than others but that's the coach's job. Mightn't be right but that's how it is.
That culture will only change if we let the coach actually change it rather than focus on a couple of poor results.

We have cut out a contingency of players who were undoubtedly too much for our leadership to handle, in an effort not to wreck the next generation players too negatively. This action is going to accompany some pain.

It's happening now and we sacked the coach again.

How moronic of our club to allow so much power to a coach it had no faith in to do the job.

We should have made our call prior to last years trade period if we knew we were going to hang the bloke on this year's ability to compete given our exits vs recruits.

Amateur hour stuff.  we will go backwards again this year.

Carrazzo
Jamison
walker all looking fragile combined with one or both of Henderson and Yarran leaving....

Paul Hewson

Reply #147
Sadly the tail might wag the dog, as it did at Richmond for years before Hardwick, but that unfortunately a job of the coach to change that culture.

He can't change it if he's been sacked.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #148
Hang on, I just read that Gibson got off and Holman got 1. WTF?
A veteran deliberately punches a junior in the guts and Polaxes him and gets off.
A junior who hasn't played a handful of games yet is marginally late and accidentally hits someone in the head with his forearm get 1 match. FMD.
The MRP are fucced an the AFL is deadset out to bury Carlton by any means they can.
Next time we play them someone bigger than Gibson like Casboult or Wood need polax him or at least make him aware you don't pick on our juniors. Make a stand boys.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #149
Wtf the right.

I have just watched both.

Gibson was a punch to the guts to a player that wasn't really holding him. Player went down. Gibson has form doing this, at least once according to the commentary.

The second one happens every screwing week and gets a free kick - how is that a two week ban coming down to one for an early plea???

How many times has that happened and been reportable?

I have put up with a hell of a lot with this Club but if they don't take a stand against this clear bias now I can't take them seriously.  A bloody joke.