Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 7344 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #75
Wow, I didn't realise there were other outspoken Indigenous Australians of the Year playing in the same games. If only he'd kept quiet and smiled a lot he could have flown under the radar too.

Reply #76
Wow, I didn't realise there were other outspoken Indigenous Australians of the Year playing in the same games. If only he'd kept quiet and smiled a lot he could have flown under the radar too.
Refusal to answer the question #7.

Ok, so it's because he was Australian of the year now?
So why was he not booed before he infuriated the crowd?
Perhaps he was booed because he wore #37.
Perhaps he was booed because he played for Sydney.
Perhaps he was booed because he was a flog who poked the bear and then continued to do so, claiming racism because that's easier then looking at the alternative.
Much easier to play the blame game than admit fault.

The more he cried racism, the more people let him know he was a flog for suggesting it.

Racists are racists and no other player got booed in the same manner because no other player acted like such a flog.

Reply #77
Yep, other indigenous Australians got off lightly: they only had to deal with racist comments. Winning.

Reply #78
Carlton - North Melb pregame thread huh?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
This is a big test for us.  We win this and we are back on track.  We lose the wheels start to fall off the season. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Carlton - North Melb pregame thread huh?
Yep, apparently as implied below if we fail to boo Ziebel and Zurhaar until our throats are sore, and then all other clubs fail to follow suit, we as AFL supporters are all certified racists!
Let's hope Carlton fans boo them relentlessly and perhaps supporters of other clubs will follow suit.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
Let it go LP.

@mav, @lp, @krudd you guys aren't going to change each others mind.  Agree to disagree and move on.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
Go Blues  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #83
This is a big test for us.  We win this and we are back on track.  We lose the wheels start to fall off the season. 
This should be a easy win, that's the reality if we are finals material.
Nth are down on numbers, playing miserably and now the coach is under pressure from the media.
You crush teams like Nth and build your percentage, no self doubts just get out there play with them for a half then kick a 10 goal 3rd quarter and treat them with the contempt they deserve being the rabble they are.
That's how the old Carlton would do it..

Reply #84
The secret to this game is to go very hard from the start and get them believing that they have no chance by half time.  If we let them stay in the match on the scoreboard, they will be hard to shake in the second half.  Sydney had the same problem.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #85
Before changing the rules, Cripps used to be quite effective as the third man up in ruck contests around the ground. I'm not sure why we have smaller players trying to out muscle larger ruckmen in the ruck. Is there any reason why we can't have our ruckman running in from the side when contesting at stoppages around the ground? If anything it could nullify the effect of the bigger opposition ruckman and lead to an even contest. Of course, if we set up for such a play, it could be advantageous to us.
This strategy wouldn't be used for centre ruck contests, which TDK should be capable of handling (with some assistance), but around the ground, I think it can help.

Reply #86
Before changing the rules, Cripps used to be quite effective as the third man up in ruck contests around the ground. I'm not sure why we have smaller players trying to out muscle larger ruckmen in the ruck. Is there any reason why we can't have our ruckman running in from the side when contesting at stoppages around the ground? If anything it could nullify the effect of the bigger opposition ruckman and lead to an even contest. Of course, if we set up for such a play, it could be advantageous to us.
This strategy wouldn't be used for centre ruck contests, which TDK should be capable of handling (with some assistance), but around the ground, I think it can help.
Yes I agree, we discussed this before it's really obvious, and it really doesn't matter what direction they come from there is no rule that says they have to run towards the boundary line other than avoiding front on contact.

Part of the problem is AFL coaches and ruck coaches are mostly inbreed and stick to the same old same old. Another part of the problem is the coaches want to control the space in and under the ruck contest, so they drill and coach players into the close quarters type combat and leave the outside open for a fast breakaway.

Under the current rules is dead-set obvious smaller mobile or high jumping rucks should deliberately stand off the opposition ruck, they can signal they are competing then back off 5m or so and take a serious run at the zone under the fall of the ball, even running in an arc.

If the opposition blocks / shepherds them away from the fall of the ball it's an automatic free, if the opposition ruck follows them it becomes a foot race and the wrestling is partly diminished.

By the same token, if bigger slower rucks are strong enough to stand under the fall of the ball and defend that space they should be allowed to do so, provided they do not shepherd the opponent away from the fall of the ball.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
Xerri out with a foot injury and Ben McKay out suspended, maybe our fortunes have turned, especially if BigH gets up and plays.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
They're the worst team in the comp, have lost 2 games by more than 10 goals and another game by over 100 points.

Their only win was against the West Coast reserves literally.

If we don't win this then you can write this year off.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #89
If we don't win this then you can write this year off.
In fairness, I think some of their major losses were triggered by COVID H&S issues and they never really recovered momentum from that.

To me across AFL there is not as much difference between the bottom of the barrel and the top of the tree, it's mostly a headspace and attitude issue, no better example than Melbourne that have the same basic list as they had in 2019 when they finished 17th yet now those same players look unbeatable. This week the Dees got COVID, how will they fair?

If you take any team lightly you'll get pumped, we've played killer quarters but I'm yet to see us develop a killer instinct.
The Force Awakens!