Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61400 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #45
Tough call on Curnow
Sure he is not silk, but gives his all.
He stays for mine.
White and Rowe are not up to it, Robinson lacks awareness but another who gives it his all.
Liked the game from  Buckley, provided run and has a bit of the old man's C in him
Garlett, is he taking the p155?, time for a spell at Northern.
I strongly believe the club pulled the wrong  rein, trading Hampson and retaining Warnock.
Like to see Cripps debut soon, gets some games into him
He will be a beauty.

Reply #46
I thought Bell had a great game, seemed to be everywhere. Just butchered the ball too often, he'll learn. At least he was getting his hands on the ball.
Menzel HAS to play full time now, all class.
Buckley is a junior Simmo...all heart, great stuff. You can see he grew up living and breathing Carlton and now relishing the opportunity to wear the jumper.
Thomas is earning his pay packet, showed a bit of leadership too which was good.

We need to play more juniors.
Rowe...sorry but that was your last game for us.

Excuse me and stuff the sports scientist but can the players just KICK at training all week. Let's just say more than the allowed 20 kicks a session. Kick under pressure, kick when they are buggered just more kicking. It's not rocket science.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #47
You can have one of Bell or Robbo in the team but not both IMO........Bell is the better four quarter player onballer IMO

I saw enough tonight to suggest that Bell is going to be a General in our midfield in the not too distant future. He's only 22 and already starting to assert himself. Robbo is on borrowed time unless he can do something about his disposal.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #48
Rowe just simply looks like a suburban footballer
that entered a competition and won 1st prize to play a senior game
I was thinking much the same thing.
Rowe was supposedly recruited as a key forward, but he takes a mark about 45 metres out and rather than give it a crack he goes for a low percentage pass to Waite in the pocket, even if Waite had marked it he was a 10% chance from there.
You don't like knocking blokes having a go and wearing the Carlton jumper but he and White just aren't good enough, it's not their fault.
If Levi can't get a game ahead of either of them his future at Carlton is bleak.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Good game by Bell.
Waite good game, let down by poor kicking
Robbo, works hard, gets himself into good position, but he must be instructed to hand ball only - his kicking is beyond shocking - why hasn't his composure improved in 4/5 years on our list ?
Yazz - we got the switched on Yazz tonight, and he's a beauty. Just get rid of those arrogant, cutesy handballs (that always get intercepted) and you'll be even better. You're talented, but not a magician.
Murph - very good.
Warnock - kicking is awful, ruck work better tonight.
2E - quiet
Hendo - agree with EB - great player, but being a swinger has its downside.
Brock - blah
Bryce - the vultures are circling, and your worst game ever in Navy blue has just given them the tasty morsel they were looking for. Terrible.
Jamo - good
Simmo - his usual good effort.
Jeffy - disappointing way to celebrate 100 games - you're better than that.
Bucks (our Bucks) - love love love
Menzel, ok.
Everitt ok
Daisy - good, coming along nicely.

Reply #50
Robbo should play out this year in the reserves. Yes he tries and is hard at it but just about every kick goes straight to the opposition and it kills us.
Rowe unfortunately not up to it and Casboult and Wood should come in as Warnock and Krooz are awful...

play the kids please.....

Reply #51
You can have one of Bell or Robbo in the team but not both IMO........Bell is the better four quarter player onballer IMO

I saw enough tonight to suggest that Bell is going to be a General in our midfield in the not too distant future. He's only 22 and already starting to assert himself. Robbo is on borrowed time unless he can do something about his disposal.

Agree JK. We love Robbos toughness but his ball use is shocking. Bell is really exciting, he has the potential to be that big bodied midfielder we have been waiting for ever for.

Reply #52
If Levi can't get a game ahead of either of them his future at Carlton is bleak.
Ya think, really!   :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
for every game robbo and rowe plays
cripps giles and graham take a step back

Reply #54
I think Robbo had one throw on the boot job that ended up going to Richmond. There was one on the HFF that Buckley misread, wasn't Robbo's fault.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
I would like to see more of Cripps. If we are dropping players with double letters then drop Gibbs. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #56

Buckley
Menzel
Bell
Everitt
Doherty
Cripps
Graham
Giles
Thomas

I feel really optimistic. Give Mick a two year extension now and mandate him to give this lot 50-60 games over the next 3 years and watch the team grow. I'm not too upset.

Trade Gibbs and Kreuzer and Lucas and on trade for a KPF and a young ruck. None will make this team grow over the long term.

I want to see Docherty, Cripps, Graham and Giles given a go. If Watson is that bad, why not give Giles a go?

Either way, drop Garlett and make him accountable. He will never try shots like that again.

Some great positives tonite and I want to see the Kids play.
Keep the Faith

Reply #57

Buckley
Menzel
Bell
Everitt
Doherty
Cripps
Graham
Giles
Thomas

I feel really optimistic. Give Mick a two year extension now and mandate him to give this lot 50-60 games over the next 3 years and watch the team grow. I'm not too upset.

Trade Gibbs and Kreuzer and Lucas and on trade for a KPF and a young ruck. None will make this team grow over the long term.

I want to see Docherty, Cripps, Graham and Giles given a go. If Watson is that bad, why not give Giles a go?

Either way, drop Garlett and make him accountable. He will never try shots like that again.

Some great positives tonite and I want to see the Kids play.

I'm keen on Giles as the 3rd tall defender...takes a good safe mark and is a nice kick of the ball.....McInnes and White dont have the skill level for the Malthouse game plan or the modern game.

Reply #58
just got back from G..

1. a clearly deficient and poor playing list - thanks to Sticks Swan Hughes and Rodgers
2. same old issues of lack of footskills, no spine players, and lack of goal kicking finish
3. Im over it..
4. Lose to Essendon next week - season over.

Reply #59

Agree on Bell.  Just needs to learn to kick.   Too often he turned it over by foot.    You get the impression he is working on it.