Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61436 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #60
Man that first quarter and a half was awful. God knows what to make of the rest of the game as Richmond have big time choking issues but I'm happy with the kids and we should continue on that line for the rest of the season.

Waiting for Gibbs and Murphy to have great games at the same time.... That'll be something.

Reply #61

I feel really optimistic. Give Mick a two year extension now and mandate him to give this lot 50-60 games over the next 3 years and watch the team grow. I'm not too upset.

The reality does appear that we need to rebuild and that doesn't mean 10 years in the wilderness. Cut the dead wood and bring in some class. We already have enough talent to see the list turn to genuine contenders in 3-5 years if we can use the very good players on our list who won't be part of our next flag to help recruit those who will. #realitycheck
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #62
Man that first quarter and a half was awful. God knows what to make of the rest of the game as Richmond have big time choking issues but I'm happy with the kids and we should continue on that line for the rest of the season.

Waiting for Gibbs and Murphy to have great games at the same time.... That'll be something.

re: Gibbs and Murphy...Probably be the Crows vs Blues 2015....save me a seat... ;)

Reply #63

I feel really optimistic. Give Mick a two year extension now and mandate him to give this lot 50-60 games over the next 3 years and watch the team grow. I'm not too upset.

The reality does appear that we need to rebuild and that doesn't mean 10 years in the wilderness. Cut the dead wood and bring in some class. We already have enough talent to see the list turn to genuine contenders in 3-5 years if we can use the very good players on our list who won't be part of our next flag to help recruit those who will. #realitycheck

Fir that too happen,  Mick must get a dose of reality and see that this list will not win a flag.   

Problem is,  we say play the kids,  but aprt from Cripps, Graham and maybe Holman, are the rest ready to step up.  I doubt it

Reply #64

Fir that too happen,  Mick must get a dose of reality and see that this list will not win a flag.   

Problem is,  we say play the kids,  but aprt from Cripps, Graham and maybe Holman, are the rest ready to step up.  I doubt it

Don't need many more. Docherty is still young and Menzel and Buckley played today. With some good experience around they could learn a lot fast.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #65

Don't need many more. Docherty is still young and Menzel and Buckley played today. With some good experience around they could learn a lot fast.

Its down the spine we need some young blood...Henderson aside there is nothing bright for the future in the KP area........

Reply #66

Precisely and we have this years National draft to add even more young talent.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #67

Precisely and we have this years National draft to add even more young talent.

All the more reason to feel optimistic, is that a new President can start afresh come season's send and give Mick the green light. While the great Chris Judd likely retires, the young Blues emerge.
Keep the Faith

Reply #68
WHat was the deal with McLean not getting off the bench at 3 quarter time?

Gee you'd seriously hope he was physically sore because if not it was a really poor display from Brock, reminiscent of Yazz's dummy spit. If it's the latter then Brock can expect to find himself at Cramer St for the immediate future.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #69
Is it too soon to have man-love for a guy after so few games? Dylan Buckley, I'm talking about you! I absolutely loved this kid's game.....give me 22 Dylan Buckleys and I'll give you a team which could go a long way. Tonight this kid excited me like I haven't been excited by a Carlton youngster for quite some time, what a deadset ripper we've got ourselves. Consider your place in the team 100% safe, as he is exactly what we need.

Warnock and Hampson.....no thanks. Any chance either of them could take a mark? Both giants, both so ineffective overhead they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Sam Rowe.....well, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that if he made his way into the team, then that'd be a fair indication of where we're at as far as depth goes. Yep, we're at rock bottom right about now. Papers stamped tonight, simply not up to it and never will be. If Brock cracked the poops as is being reported, for being subbed-out (which was a no-brainer of a decision for Mick mind you), then his papers ought to be stamped too. His past 2 weeks have been about as ineffective as he's ever played, horribly out of form.

Not too much to add that hasn't already been said about our disposal by foot, except to say that it was arguably the worst display of set-shot kicking for goal I've ever seen from a Carlton team. Inexcusably bad and a blight on the team's performance as a whole.

Thought Daisy's use of the ball by foot was superb and he must watch how the majority of his new teammates butcher the ball ad nauseum and wonder what the hell he's got himself into.

Bryce is playing like bloke on a promise to be elsewhere and White was merely a marginal improvement on McInnes. Don't get me started on Garlett or Tuohy......

Loved Jamo's game, best he's played for quite some time, loved Yazz's game, loved Everitt's game on Deledio, but for me - it was all about young Dylan......wow, impressive.

So that's the last 4 times we've played them now, we've let them off the leash early and had to put in massive 2nd halves for a 2 win / 2 loss outcome......when in fact we could've and should've won all 4......if only we could damn well kick straight....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #70
So that's the last 4 times we've played them now, we've let them off the leash early and had to put in massive 2nd halves for a 2 win / 2 loss outcome......when in fact we could've and should've won all 4......if only we could damn well kick straight....

If we remove our Carlton glasses for a moment an focus on the Tigers then I'd be more concerned. They barely managed to cross the line against a severely depleted Carlton line up despite having a squad that has a superior balance on paper at least. This is a season where they should seriously challenge for a top four spot, yet I'm not convinced they will be there in September. They nearly watched Martin walk last season, yet his goals probably decided the result alongside some really poor shots at goal by Carlton. Oh and 82 turnovers by Carlton.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #71
Love my team but atm they can GAGF. and WTF was Brock Mclean doing in the side?. over it.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #72
Love my team but atm they can GAGF. and WTF was Brock Mclean doing in the side?. over it.

More positives than negatives in the long run DU if you truly look at the game. Young blokes were injected and old blokes were tested. Brocks selection was warranted, his attitude at being subbed was not.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #73

More positives than negatives in the long run DU if you truly look at the game. Young blokes were injected and old blokes were tested. Brocks selection was warranted, his attitude at being subbed was not.

Granted the energy enthusiasm and speed of Buckly and the poise of Menzel was great to see. But the kicking of Waite made me spew up, and the plodding and poor attitude of McLean made be spew up again. As for Gibbs who gives a Farrk, if he wants out then that's fine by me, as long as we get something in return. My enthusiasm will be rekindled when Cripps and a few of the other recent draftees make an appearance.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #74
Do you recall, before the season started MickM thought we were on the cusp of serious success.
His judgement has been proved wanting.
The Blues were not as prepared for tonight as were the Tigers.
MickM is good news, but can he mount a side for the new era of football?
Will his fufu valve survive the frustrations of the coaching box?