Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61404 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #75
This is not a coaching issue, there isn't a coach who could get a markedly different result out of this squad. They are simply not good enough. Although I must say I'm sick of seeing the same slow plodders being played, I presume its due to some of the younger names not being available or ready for senior footy.

It's time to rebuild.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #76
Nup it's a coaching issue. This team has dropped off since Mick took over. We have no heart. Murphy, Yarran and Buckley were the only three that played with any intensity for four quarters. I want effort from everyone for four quarters, something Mick can't seem to produce.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
And to reiterate what others have said here......we bring that first half especially to the table against most other sides, we should be a minimum 10 goals down at half time......have no doubts, Richmond are about as overrated as a team can be, choked like Greg Norman in a major when we came at them. Last night's result said as much about them as it did us.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #78
Yep but they still got the win. Winners are grinners, we are just forked.

TBH I'm really dirty on the club because they sucked me in again last night, I was jumping around the living room when we were getting close but just as quickly with 3 minutes to go I knew we wouldn't win. See we always find some way to botch it, this time Waite couldn't nail set shots from 20m. Garlett should be dropped, was lucky to play last night, when you look at the way Yarran was treated Garlett has to go, has not played well for 2 years. I reckon he's coasting, make him earn his spot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
Plenty of talk here about rebuilding, playing the kids and winning a flag in three to five years, the problem with that being that every club in the bottom half of the ladder is singing from the same song sheet and our recruiting is abysmal and on a par with Melbourne.
Bootsma, Lucas and Watson are all first round draft picks and no better than fringe players and we haven't pulled a decent player in the second or higher rounds for more than ten years unless you count Robbo, which is a stretch.
We've got some very good footballers but they are spread too thin, our bottom six wouldn't get a game at any other club.
Unless we get very lucky in the draft in the next two years there aren't any Premierships on the horizon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #80
82 direct turmovers.  3.7 in lst qtr.   There it is in a nutshell.  

Reply #81
Get a couple of Talls that can play and that will straighten us up no end.
Easier said than done ::)

2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #82
82 direct turmovers.  3.7 in lst qtr.   There it is in a nutshell.

Gee with all those turnovers, we should've worn our clash guernsey. :o

Reply #83
Haven't and don't want to read the papers about this game, but what was MM's excuse this time?

Reply #84

I feel really optimistic. Give Mick a two year extension now and mandate him to give this lot 50-60 games over the next 3 years and watch the team grow. I'm not too upset.

The reality does appear that we need to rebuild and that doesn't mean 10 years in the wilderness. Cut the dead wood and bring in some class. We already have enough talent to see the list turn to genuine contenders in 3-5 years if we can use the very good players on our list who won't be part of our next flag to help recruit those who will. #realitycheck

Fir that too happen,  Mick must get a dose of reality and see that this list will not win a flag.   

Problem is,  we say play the kids,  but aprt from Cripps, Graham and maybe Holman, are the rest ready to step up.  I doubt it

Don't need many more. Docherty is still young and Menzel and Buckley played today. With some good experience around they could learn a lot fast.

Precisely and we have this years National draft to add even more young talent.

......with our very early draft picks.  :(

Reply #85
And to reiterate what others have said here......we bring that first half especially to the table against most other sides, we should be a minimum 10 goals down at half time......have no doubts, Richmond are about as overrated as a team can be, choked like Greg Norman in a major when we came at them. Last night's result said as much about them as it did us.
but they got the chocolates and we didn't. Which says more about us.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #86
but they got the chocolates and we didn't. Which says more about us.

DELETED
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87
Year after year after year after year. Farken sick to death of this:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-27/thursday-showreel-blues-in-blunderland
Nuff said
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88
I guess that proves that we rolled over last week, at least to some extent. We were finishing as the better team last night, no fitness issues.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
IT IS A VERY SAD DAY,
AS A BLUES SUPPORTER I NOW GO TO GAMES EXPECTING TO LOSE.
HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN. ::)