Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61410 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #105
If you can catch up towards the end of the game
you should not have been behind.
If you can get your nose in front,
you should be able to keep it there.
Brave loss is not really good enough
Three brave loses will produce a hiding.
I don't think the Club is trigger happy anxious to compete at present.
It might be a long season.
Hey is anyone free to pick up my aged grannie from the paraplegic's Nursing home,
I figure she could help RobbieW improve his kicking!

Reply #106
I walked away grinning last night.

We gave up 6 goals in the first quarter, and 4 in the second.  At half time, it felt like we were getting obliterated and then I checked the score, and all our performance indicators.  We were playing poorly, and the Tiges were all over us, yet were not putting us away the way a good team should.  I didnt feel confident at all, and felt like 2005 all over again.  For those who cant or dont remember, it was the Fev show, or no show.  At least back then we had Fev.  Now we have....

A team that stated for the second week running, that they will not just give up and fall way no matter how hard it was, or how badly they were getting beaten, or how difficult the road to goal was.  If we had gotten our noses in front the game would have ended up a win.  Unfortunately, we could only draw level.

We restricted them to 4 goals in a half after that.  That is a fantastic effort.  Make no mistakes, it wasnt that they were not good enough to kick goals, they were starved of real goal scoring opportunties, and they were struggling to get forward.  It was really encouraging I thought.  Convert our chances better, and it would have been a win.  Of the two sides, the only thing Richmond have to be happy about is beating a side that they struggle with, and getting 4 points.  Aside from that, its all doom and gloom.  Imagine going to sleep for a half against a side that is unfit, lacks a real spine of tall players, turned the ball over at will, and the only reason they managed to win was some favourable frees that got them off the hook (and a very dubious 50 metre pentalty) and our woeful conversion rate.

Make no mistakes, we are a pretty ordinary outfit, with some patchwork players balancing out our ability to play a mix of talls and smalls, but we showed much more effort, ticker, workrate, and application than I have been able to be proud of over the last 14 years.  It wasnt about us being front runners last night either, it was simply grinding out contest after contest, and challenging and scrapping for each and every opportunity we could, and by the end of it, we had blokes getting off the leash and getting into dangerous positions, with some good ball use to get it to them.

Sure there was as much to be unhappy about last night, but it was about the decisions we make, and the ball use that really hurt us, and if we tidy that up, Id say we will be a much better side moving forward, and all without some of our better performers, and without a real spine to speak of too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #107
A few positives to come out of last night. Buckley was fantastic for his second game, I almost certain Yarran will now become a star and we started to look more like a footy team in the second half something that I couldn't see in the port game or in the first half.

Put walker, armfield, Judd, Kruezer, Scotland, carazzo and to some extent Doherty and we are 50% better side.
Agree with this to some extent. We need more pace and Army will definitely give us this and some mongrel if nothing else. We need to weed out the imbeciles who cant kick one by one or two by two if necessary. If they haven't learnt by now they never will. It is the single most important factor that costs us the majority of our games. HS reports 36 turnovers, none more telling than Warnock to Vickory in the goal square for a gift of a goal. Add another half a dozen odd shots at goal that went out on the full? Deplorable.

Feeling ur pain mate!

Ur possibly in the for the f/night from hell from the in-laws...  :o

Keep the faith brother...

Reply #108
bloody hard to keep the faith with CFC... I ain't buying why they are sellin'
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #109
Make no mistakes, we are a pretty ordinary outfit, with some patchwork players balancing out our ability to play a mix of talls and smalls, but we showed much more effort, ticker, workrate, and application than I have been able to be proud of over the last 14 years.  It wasnt about us being front runners last night either, it was simply grinding out contest after contest, and challenging and scrapping for each and every opportunity we could, and by the end of it, we had blokes getting off the leash and getting into dangerous positions, with some good ball use to get it to them.

There was no scrapping, it was an open game all night, we had to get our chance eventually, and we forked it up. No heart, Richmond are just useless.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #110
Rowe was ordinary but he provides more flexibility than Casboult. Wouldn't mind seeing him have an extended run at it to see if he can pick up the pace of the game. I'm not confident this will happen however.

On another matter, Buckley must be half a chance for a rising star nomination?

Reply #111
Rowe was ordinary but he provides more flexibility than Casboult. Wouldn't mind seeing him have an extended run at it to see if he can pick up the pace of the game. I'm not confident this will happen however.

I agree about Rowe, but he was very easily out muscled on several occasions which just should not happen to a ruck in any position, Casboult is often even worse in this regard.

How can we have four or five rucks on our list who cannot us their bodies to advantage? I think the answer is our ruck coach must go, I declare our ruck coach a spud!

Buckley looked good at times, but his disposal let him down.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
Lucas - DUD.    Stamp his papers.

Cant kick to save his life. 

Memo - McLean.  

While not in leadership Group,  you are a veteran of the side.  Sitting on the bench cracking the sads whilst team is in the 3qtr Time huddle.  Sorry but you should be ashamed of yourself.   You should have been right in there giving encouragement. Very selfish act.    You will get a chance to pull your head in playing for NB.

Nothing short of discraceful. Hang your head in shame

Reply #113
[/quote]

94% efficiency does not back that up.   Was good by foot and slick with his hands.   Broke the lines more times than i can remember.   Loved his game.  has the mongrel of his old man. 

Reply #114
PITC, yes the tiges are average but less average than us because they picked a spine and have a structure.  Astbury, Vickery and Griffiths are a long way from great players  but they did their jobs.  You still need blokes the right size in the right places and once again we went in small and paid for it - we've been pinch-hitting along the spine since the 1990's and that is why have been, are and will continue to be mediocre for the foreseeable future.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #115

I agree about Rowe, but he was very easily out muscled on several occasions which just should not happen to a ruck in any position, Casboult is often even worse in this regard.

How can we have four or five rucks on our list who cannot us their bodies to advantage? I think the answer is our ruck coach must go, I declare our ruck coach a spud!

94% efficiency does not back that up.   Was good by foot and slick with his hands.   Broke the lines more times than i can remember.   Loved his game.  has the mongrel of his old man.

Reply #116
I walked away grinning last night.

We gave up 6 goals in the first quarter, and 4 in the second.  At half time, it felt like we were getting obliterated and then I checked the score, and all our performance indicators.  We were playing poorly, and the Tiges were all over us, yet were not putting us away the way a good team should.  I didnt feel confident at all, and felt like 2005 all over again.  For those who cant or dont remember, it was the Fev show, or no show.  At least back then we had Fev.  Now we have....

A team that stated for the second week running, that they will not just give up and fall way no matter how hard it was, or how badly they were getting beaten, or how difficult the road to goal was.  If we had gotten our noses in front the game would have ended up a win.  Unfortunately, we could only draw level.

We restricted them to 4 goals in a half after that.  That is a fantastic effort.  Make no mistakes, it wasnt that they were not good enough to kick goals, they were starved of real goal scoring opportunties, and they were struggling to get forward.  It was really encouraging I thought.  Convert our chances better, and it would have been a win.  Of the two sides, the only thing Richmond have to be happy about is beating a side that they struggle with, and getting 4 points.  Aside from that, its all doom and gloom.  Imagine going to sleep for a half against a side that is unfit, lacks a real spine of tall players, turned the ball over at will, and the only reason they managed to win was some favourable frees that got them off the hook (and a very dubious 50 metre pentalty) and our woeful conversion rate.

Sure there was as much to be unhappy about last night, but it was about the decisions we make, and the ball use that really hurt us, and if we tidy that up, Id say we will be a much better side moving forward, and all without some of our better performers, and without a real spine to speak of too.

We have been a Club of patchwork players since the Elliott era.

We cannot recruit, develop and list manage properly.

I suggest we will need to go through 10 more years of pain before our Board, administration, members and coteries understand that trying to buy a star then putting in hacks around that star as a basis of team building is doomed to fail....

Reply #117
PITC, yes the tiges are average but less average than us because they picked a spine and have a structure.  Astbury, Vickery and Griffiths are a long way from great players  but they did their jobs.  You still need blokes the right size in the right places and once again we went in small and paid for it - we've been pinch-hitting along the spine since the 1990's and that is why have been, are and will continue to be mediocre for the foreseeable future.

We went in small cos there was no other option, especially when we lost Kruezer and Watson before the game  

Reply #118

Really, you believe that stat?

The kid only had 18 possessions, 94% of 18 is 16.92.

Do you believe he only missed a target or bombed to a contest once?

I loved his game, but 94% from 18 possessions at AFL level, the kid would be on the front page as the next Gary Ablett (Jnr).
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119

Really, you believe that stat?

The kid only had 18 possessions, 94% of 18 is 16.92.

Do you believe he only missed a target or bombed to a contest once?

I loved his game, but 94% from 18 possessions at AFL level, the kid would be on the front page as the next Gary Ablett (Jnr).

According to the HUN.  he went at %94