Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 27116 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #120
Pie pressure will force too many errors I fear.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #121
Thryleon....isn't Goddard a much bigger defender type? If Cox is out it only leaves them with Reid and Mihocek as "talls" with Reid part time ruck. I think that Casboult plays even if Kreuzer is fit with McGovern possibly dropping back to play intercept style role.

Yep, but having a laugh whilst your teammate is knocked out isn't a good look for a supposed leader.

FWIW I'd have plowman on de goey early.

To be honest I'd liked to have dropped half the team given last week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #122
Pie pressure will force too many errors I fear.
Just watching them run through their banner will strike fear into the Team ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #123
6 to 8 goal loss and we won't win any quarter on the scoreboard,  They'll wear us down bit by bit

Reply #124
6 to 8 goal loss and we won't win any quarter on the scoreboard,  They'll wear us down bit by bit

Any chance we will tag Steel Sidebottom or just put Murphy up against him.

Reply #125
There just has to be a response after last week.
There simply has to be.
I doesn't have to be a win.
That's very unlikely....

But one of the first lessons I learnt about football was that a Carlton v Collingwood game isn't over until the final siren.

(That actually really silly because if we're ten goals up with a minute to go.... it is really over
....but it's a nice inspirational thing to hang our hats on.) ;D

Reply #126
Regardless of who it might be, I expect (make that demand) some on field changes when required as Bolton is far too slow to enact them.  We'll lose regardless, but the manner in which you restrict the damage is as much his to wear as it is those who run through the banner

Reply #127
Where there's life, there's hope...

Get the right ex player/coach in for a rev and motivation and it just might unite these boys on a clear course. Rhys for mine. Bet Parko can still get that vein raised.

And let's assume the players really challenged each other to show 120 minutes of united, ruthless, consistent endeavour. And even Murphy buys into the ruthlessness.

And let's assume the coaches really challenged each other to get on the same page with passionate agreement, you know 'connected'.

And let's assume that we actually send someone to De Goey and that bloke has some sh1te on his liver and makes life very hard for De Goey.

BlueBaggers by 16pts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #128
No Beams, no Adams, no Cox.

We'll win this! (if Murphy lays more than 2 tackles)  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129
Where there's life, there's hope...

Get the right ex player/coach in for a rev and motivation and it just might unite these boys on a clear course. Rhys for mine. Bet Parko can still get that vein raised.

And let's assume the players really challenged each other to show 120 minutes of united, ruthless, consistent endeavour. And even Murphy buys into the ruthlessness.

And let's assume the coaches really challenged each other to get on the same page with passionate agreement, you know 'connected'.

And let's assume that we actually send someone to De Goey and that bloke has some sh1te on his liver and makes life very hard for De Goey.

BlueBaggers by 16pts.
When you assume, you make an...
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #131
No Beams, no Adams, no Cox.

We'll win this! (if Murphy lays more than 2 tackles)  ;)

If the game plan and tactics determine that sMurph has to lay tackles we are in trouble.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #132
When you assume, you make an...

...when you're in the position that we're in... you grasp, ooooohhhh fck, do you grasp.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #133
Early showers, greasy conditions, will not favor our tall setup.

Especially given over the last six or so quarters of footy outside of Jones or Weitering our talls have barely taken a mark! McKay, Levi, Marchbank, Cripps even McGovern all have the fumbles.

Get Podsiadly down on a contract to get them sorted, the bloke had the best contested marking and wet weather marking technique I've ever seen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
What has happened to Levi's marking?

He was probably the best in the comp 2 or 3 years ago.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!