Skip to main content
Topic: New Skipper? (Read 79543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New Skipper?

Reply #105
Yep if the whole club is resetting itself maybe you give Murphy another crack under a decent regime as well. Give him 2 years and we pray by then that Cripps is ready to take over.

If Cripps doesn't step up, there will be someone else, particularly with the in house leadership program Bolton has introduced.

It is so good to have a competent, forward thinking coach at the helm  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #107
When there's a toxic team environment people go into self preservation mode.

Bolts is developing a culture that breeds inclusiveness and promotes selflessness and leadership.

Guys who would not have wanted the job once upon a time, or not been considered will now become leaders. Not all will be skipper, but they won't have to be.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #108

Bolts is developing a culture that breeds inclusiveness and promotes selflessness and leadership.

Guys who would not have wanted the job once upon a time, or not been considered will now become leaders. Not all will be skipper, but they won't have to be.

Thats the ideal scenario really.

Lets hope that all the removals of those with questionable morals results in us getting the right mix to improve now.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #109

Credit to Bolton for identifying the problem rather than trying to cover it up.....you want your leaders driving culture and selflessness...not the coach having to wield
the big stick every time like a high school principal....Hawthorn empowered players as leaders to drive a team first attitude and it cant all be done by the captain.

Reply #110
We'll know we're on the right track when we don't have to make a decision between Murphy and a kid with no other practical options.

Reply #112
Mooney says Simmo.

Murphy has work to do with young Blues

Carlton captain Marc Murphy will need to significantly improve within his leadership role to help develop such a large group of inexperienced players.

“I wouldn’t have thought Murph has been fantastic and that’s probably by his own admission as well, as far as playing with the captaincy above his head,” said Mooney.

“Kade Simpson for me over the last couple of years has shown he is absolute leadership material – when the chips are down he throws his body in.

“With the young group going forward I hope they go with him so he can prove he can be a great captain.”
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #113
I've liked the idea of Simmo as captain for a while now. I wonder if we've left it too late, in light if Simmo's age ?

Reply #114
I've liked the idea of Simmo as captain for a while now. I wonder if we've left it too late, in light if Simmo's age ?

Too late.
Our next captain needs to be someone who'll lead us for many years.
If Cripps has a season similar to last year then he's the logical choice.

Reply #115
Simmo till he retires then Docherty.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #116
Mooney is borderline retarded.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #117
Too late for Simmo I agree, would've been great if he was 3 years younger.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #118
Simmo till he retires then Docherty.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #119
Is this a tick for Murphy?

Carlton will likely delay a decision on its 2016 captain until "a few months" after Christmas, but new coach Brendon Bolton has been pleased by the "really good leadership" qualities of incumbent skipper Marc Murphy.

Speculation has raged that Murphy could be replaced as Carlton captain next year after Bolton indicated late last month that he was "really open" about who captained the Blues next season, the new coach opting to review the leadership at the club before making a call.

Speaking from Carlton's Gold Coast pre-season camp on Tuesday, Bolton stressed that although a captaincy decision remained some way off, Murphy had impressed him in their short time working together.

"Marc Murphy at the moment is our captain. He's shown really good leadership, as have others to date, which is pleasing," Bolton said.

"We are looking at our leadership in terms of leadership development for all.

I reckon it's a positive that Murphy and others have put their hands up as leaders.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball