Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium (Read 82586 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium

Reply #300
You're kidding right?
Podsiadly went down early in the 2011 Grand Final and Hawkins played the game of his life, at age 23.
For the record, 19 touches, 15 of them contested, 9 marks and 3 goals 3, 3rd in the Norm Smith behind Bartel and Sellwood.
The biggest problem with Levi is that if he takes a mark outside scoring range Carlton is 50/50 at best to get the next possession, and watching him again last night nothing has changed on that score.
He's a better footballer than Hampson but that wouldn't be hard, Hampson is the worst footballer to ever play 50 games in Navy Blue.

Can't cop Levi criticism.

Such a positive for us since having sorted his kicking out. Any forward is reliant on supply. For the last 3 quarters last night he didn't get much.

If he were playing in a top team he'd be right up there in the league.

Reply #301
They just got a 10 goal flogging from Freo, just sayin'

Wouldnt read much into that game...Tigers cubs vs Freo vets, that game was only going to end in tears for the cubs ...only real interest was Ross " Yeah Yeah" Lyons increased number of follicles....maybe Goo Guerrq and David Hale who are now on staff have enticed him to get the roof thatched...

Reply #302
same hairstyle as clarkson.
its officially an obsession

Reply #303
We are obviously no judges. Here's what got Graham fired up!!!

http://cfcblu.es/GrahamNAB1 

Reply #304
Wouldnt read much into that game...Tigers cubs vs Freo vets, that game was only going to end in tears for the cubs ...only real interest was Ross " Yeah Yeah" Lyons increased number of follicles....maybe Goo Guerrq and David Hale who are now on staff have enticed him to get the roof thatched...

Yes, I'd read as much into that result as I'd read into Thursday night's game, but we're still in with a huge chance to spoil Richmond's start to the season.

Pavlich's decision to go around again looks like it was on the money but I don't think he'll ever get to hold a premiership cup.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #305
We are obviously no judges. Here's what got Graham fired up!!!

http://cfcblu.es/GrahamNAB1

It's interesting isn't it. Jones really polarizes opinions between those who watch the game and those in the inner sanctum. I don't get it.

We delisted Holman and Walsh last year without a blink even though I thought they offered more than what Jones has shown so far. Training track form clearly carries a lot of weight.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #306
Can't cop Levi criticism.

Such a positive for us since having sorted his kicking out. Any forward is reliant on supply. For the last 3 quarters last night he didn't get much.

If he were playing in a top team he'd be right up there in the league.

yep, agree 100%....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #307
That's what we said about Hampson for five years or more, and anyone who called him for the spud he is was shouted down.
Levi is what, 26 or so?
What you see is what you get.

If he plays full time forward he'll be ok for a couple a game, which will give him in the 40s. I'm sure he'll spend plenty of time rucking too. Won't be a gun who kicks 60-70 goals but a valuable player, who do pretty well in a good club.

Reply #308
It's interesting isn't it. Jones really polarizes opinions between those who watch the game and those in the inner sanctum. I don't get it.

We delisted Holman and Walsh last year without a blink even though I thought they offered more than what Jones has shown so far. Training track form clearly carries a lot of weight.

We are short of big KPFs so Jones gets cut more slack than others where we have a more ready supply. Wishful thinking I guess on the part of the club.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #309
Players under contract just don't get sacked these days unless something untoward has occurred.

If you are in your final year that is the only time you will have the Club's desires tested.

I'd like nothing more than for Jones to make it, but he is marking time.  Just like a few others and if it means they play so we don't roll out a youngster like a lamb to the slaughter every week then that's a win. 

Our young players need to learn the game plan and develop their ability to compete with the big boys at this level, and that means picking their moments for senior footy.  Do that from now, and if they earn an early call up, good.  If not then so be it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #310

He could just be looking after a mate

Reply #311
I'd play Foster or Jakcsh at FF this week and drop Jones.....going to be embarrassing if we lose to Essendon IMO after everyone has written them off and I want a decent team to take the field which means No Liam Jones... and I want a 5 goal win to stamp our authority over these cheats....

Reply #312
I'd play Foster or Jakcsh at FF this week and drop Jones.....going to be embarrassing if we lose to Essendon IMO after everyone has written them off and I want a decent team to take the field which means No Liam Jones... and I want a 5 goal win to stamp our authority over these cheats....

Reckon we're a big chance to lose if the Bombers are serious.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #313
Reckon we're a big chance to lose if the Bombers are serious.

The last thing the bombers will want is injuries, especially during pre-season, I don't think they will be going in too hard.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #314
Be interesting if Cripps plays ....what are the odds of Crowley picking him up.....reckon the ex Freo veteran wouldnt mind Cripps scalp and has been known to put his hand up to play on certain players..

Reckon the Bombers will play a few of their top ups only.....given the Bombers have lost so much size down back I wonder if we may go very tall up forward and force a player like Mitch Brown to play back...

Bombers fans will be out in force probably to protest the WADA result and the Bombers will be fired up to show the footy world they are going to be competitive and they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.....even with the Bombers down and out I am never confident as they always lift to play us....