Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 74323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #90
The problems today are not forward related, we are being smashed around the ball!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
And I do mean a brother for Weitering not Jones

Reply #92
Im screwin' sick of this club. What a screwin' joke!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #93
Think we will see wholesale changes this half, can see McKay SOSOS on off Jones , change in the forward players

Reply #94
I know we are missing a lot of starters.... but 1 goal in a half of footy.... ?

>:( :-[
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #95
Murphy, Gibbs, Walker, Cripps, Kreuzer would make a big difference but Essendon is missing many more and making us look like a disorganised rabble.
Their entire back half is missing and we haven't taken a single mark inside 50.
It's going to be a very long season fellas.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #96
The problems today are not forward related, we are being smashed around the ball!

Yep

But our mid-field is on the sidelines today...they'll be back.
They're not an issue long term.
The lack of effective forwards will be what will bring us undone during the season.

Hopefully the second half will see an improvement in that area with McKay and Jack having a run....but if the midfield problem persists they might not see a lot of it.

Reply #97
Murphy, Gibbs, Walker, Cripps, Kreuzer would make a big difference but Essendon is missing many more and making us look like a disorganised rabble.
Their entire back half is missing and we haven't taken a single mark inside 50.
It's going to be a very long season fellas.

As I have said many times, our primary problems are not the forwards, not the ruckmen, not the 200cm types, it has never been the 200cm types not when it was Hammer, SpecialK, Casboult, Rowe and others who were inside F50. Our main problem has been, and will continue to be, use of the ball which remains abhorrent compared to other AFL teams. Not just from a kicking accuracy perspective but from a decision making perspective as well.

We have been, we still appear to be, and are likely to remain in the near future, the worst users of the ball in the competition. Our very best stand out in our team, but our best are very average when compared to other clubs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
Spot on Lods we know we have a respectable mid field on the side lines today, but we don't have any of our "forward line" on the sidelines , there really isn't anyone who would command a place there. So let's hope McKay & maybe SOSOS gives us some support options , so far this year in a game & half we have 6 goals and in any NAB cup game for any side that is very poor

Reply #99
Baby SOS starting (or did he head to the bench? LOL - nope just spotted him)

Reply #100
As I have said many times, our primary problems are not the forwards, not the ruckmen, not the 200cm types, it has never been the 200cm types not when it was Hammer, SpecialK, Casboult, Rowe and others who were inside F50. Our main problem has been, and will continue to be, use of the ball which remains abhorrent compared to other ALF teams. Not just from a kicking accuracy perspective but from a decision making perspective as well.

We have been, we still appear to be, and are likely to remain in the near future, the worst users of the ball in the competition. Our very best stand out in our team, but our best are very average when compared to other clubs.

LP, if we are talking Rowe, Casboult, Hammer and Kreuzer as key forwards, and you may as well throw Jones into that mix, then forwards are definitely our problem, or at least one of our problems.
I agree that our ball use is terrible, but Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps and Walker will at least improve it somewhat.
When we play Essendon in the H&A we will have our midfield but they won't, which should be enough to get a win, but I can't see us beating anyone else.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #101
SOSOS at FF - trying to pump up his teammates

Reply #102
Great marketing from the club to get everyone back to PP then they put out a C grade team.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #103
Absolutely stunned , have never seen that before , we get a 50 m free , and then no forward to kick to so we kick it back wards???? Then sit on it down back and then turn it over??? Shows lack of confidence to me going forward for sure

Reply #104
Great marketing from the club to get everyone back to PP then they put out a C grade team.
Good point Mad , missed the opportunity there I think, but I guess they have the play for the game doesn't matter where it would have been played.