Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 74311 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #120
Bolton: "We've got a lot of work to do, we know that, but we're making decisions for Round 1."

Bolton: "We'll use the whole NAB Challenge to improve our ball use. It's a long season... You've got to be aware of their training loads."
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #121
They were missing half a team...we got beat by mainly VFL players and kids......we were soft, weak and let players like Goddard bully us, no leadership..

Thankfully...Weitering, Mckay, SOSOS and C. Curnow stood up at times and we have some hope for the future....

Its the softness that worries me....no mongrel in the team at all.....

They replaced the guys who are out for drugs with experienced players. They don't count as outs.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #122
Still playing against the umpires, sooo many frees going to the oppo in tiggy touchwood situations, utter bull.
Can someone point out the last game when we had the rub of the green from the umps? :o

Some of the 50's WTF. The ump is supposed to tell the player on the mark where the mark is. There is no line out there it is a arbitrary position on the ground subject to someones (ump) interpretation.
So when someone runs then stops a foot over such said arbitrary line then get pinged for 50 WTF? The ump is supposed to tell them where that line is.
Fair enough if they keep running past the mark but when they stop near enough... come on.
The Dawks are the biggest creepers over the mark and how many 50's do they get paid against? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #123
They were missing half a team...we got beat by mainly VFL players and kids......we were soft, weak and let players like Goddard bully us, no leadership..

Thankfully...Weitering, Mckay, SOSOS and C. Curnow stood up at times and we have some hope for the future....

Its the softness that worries me....no mongrel in the team at all.....

Galucci and Clem should a bit, I like Clem he was protecting his team mates around the ball and gave it to Crowley at one stage.
And the Laoochy was giving Floggard what for it was great. They just need back up.  :(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #124
They replaced the guys who are out for drugs with experienced players. They don't count as outs.

Ok we got belted by Top Ups, VFL players and kids.......does that make it more respectable??.....think they chose well with their top ups...Mitch Brown for example would have been handy for us and I thought Hartley for a VFL player was very decent..

Essendon know if they play hard, we fold up like a Bangladesh Hi Rise in a strong wind....they have a mental edge over us thats worth a few goals....

Reply #125
We were missing too many key players. Kreuzer, Murphy, Cripps and Gibbs are our starting midfield.

Add Walker, Thomas, White, Wright ,Kerridge and Jacksh... That's 10 certain starters IMO when fit that were missing...

I still cant see where our goals are gonna come from..... I don't see us kicking ( a winning score ) 12-15 goals any time soon.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #126
Galucci and Clem should a bit, I like Clem he was protecting his team mates around the ball and gave it to Crowley at one stage.
And the Laoochy was giving Floggard what for it was great. They just need back up.  :(

That sums it up..smallest rookie having to show the way...We need our bigger players giving bumps, throwing their weight around...you have players like Nancy Everitt, and Twinkle Toes Tutt who wont put the body in when required or in Tutts case just give the ball away in panic rather than take a hit for the team...

Reply #127
It's both encouraging and disappointing to see the young kids leading the way in the aggressive category.

I have been saying since counter punching off intercept marks became popular that bad ball use hurts us more than any game plan.  The inability to hit targets kills us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #128
It's both encouraging and disappointing to see the young kids leading the way in the aggressive category.

I have been saying since counter punching off intercept marks became popular that bad ball use hurts us more than any game plan.  The inability to hit targets kills us.

Graham, Tutt and Whiley butchered the ball and even though Jones is a spud its hard to be critical of your forwards when the only game plan we have is the long bomb.....how many marks, possies did the like of Mitch Brown get from poor delivery....it was like Cale Hooker was playing under the name Brown...

Reply #129
That sums it up..smallest rookie having to show the way...We need our bigger players giving bumps, throwing their weight around...you have players like Nancy Everitt, and Twinkle Toes Tutt who wont put the body in when required or in Tutts case just give the ball away in panic rather than take a hit for the team...

Tutt is a woeful footballer.  I don't care that he gets 25 possies - not that he did today - but he zero idea what to do with the pill once he gets it.

Reply #130
Ciaran Byrne looks very good.
You've got to like the way Tutt goes at the ball and the contest but he's sadly lacking in ability.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #131
Tutt is a woeful footballer.  I don't care that he gets 25 possies - not that he did today - but he zero idea what to do with the pill once he gets it.

And butchers it more often than not, like Jones and a few others he's just not AFL standard and never will be.
Everitt had a poor game but he goes OK on his better days.
Rowe also had a Sav Rocca, and the less said about Casboult the better.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #132
Adding the Murphy , Gibbs list etc , will obviously help our mid field and give us more structure, it will help with defence with there experience , but they were with us last year.BUT they don't kick the goals we desperately need. They are not the finishers , and we still don't have the forward line to feed , Casboult is our key forward , and we saw today if he is missing we don't have many " Go To " options

Reply #133
Just got home - ouch! A very painful afternoon at PP unfortunately.

And it's back to the future with fumbling and footling and the long bomb into the F50 for a turnover.  :(

Green sprouts were hard to come by so here's a few

Weitering looked OK.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #134
Well that was absolutely pathetic today, 18,600 turned out to watch that crap....if I paid $20 to watch that crape, I'd be furious, I took my kids,  who are members again, so didn't cost us anything, but they said "Dad, nothing's changed, we are bored, can we go home please!" And I agreed, so we left at half time.....

That was a Golden Opportunity completely blown by the club....51K BY ROUND 1...."TELL HIM HE'S DREAMING"...little sprouts....pfft!