Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!) (Read 33089 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!)

Reply #60
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

He is much better defensively now then he was in 2011.

It's a myth mate, he was always a great tackler and used to beat his man in defence more often than not.

Ok so just so we are clear, any player who has gone backwards or plato'd is Micks fault, and any player that is playing well or even better than before is just getting back to their old 2011 form which we can thank Ratten for...  Got it.  ;)

Wrong...

Those who haven't developed its because of recruitment and development but those who have developed well its because of Mick.

This game is fun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well with Micks history in development, I'd say if Mick cant develop someone, then there's not much hope for them as a player. He has a history of getting players to play to their full potential.. Especially the young ones that he gets from early on.. 
But then you have nuggets like Jimmy Clement who he turned into an A grade full back coming from Freo.  His history in recruitment and developing is there for all to see...  Just as is the history of our recruitment and development under Ratten who was inexperienced in both.  ;)  
This is fun.. Yr right.  ;D

Like Heath Scotland? :-P

I dont have a problem with his Record of turning players around. I said that last week, if we are stuck with him, I hope that's at least what he can do if he is to "refresh" the list.

His record "AT CARLTON" is not showing that at this stage. But like Carrots, I will credit him for his work with Yarran and his development of guys like Lucas (who is a player issue). I can give credit where credit is due. I think his matchday stuff is way better than Ratten ever did.

But I will question other decisions he makes, his mixed messages, his changing of his nmind, him not starting till November, his choice of assistants and outdated game style, where some seem to struggle in doing.

ps. My comment was clearly tongue in cheek to show that both sides are just as guilty as each other.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #61
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

It's a myth mate, he was always a great tackler and used to beat his man in defence more often than not.

Ok so just so we are clear, any player who has gone backwards or plato'd is Micks fault, and any player that is playing well or even better than before is just getting back to their old 2011 form which we can thank Ratten for...  Got it.  ;)

Wrong...

Those who haven't developed its because of recruitment and development but those who have developed well its because of Mick.

Well with Micks history in development, I'd say if Mick cant develop someone, then there's not much hope for them as a player. He has a history of getting players to play to their full potential.. Especially the young ones that he gets from early on.. 
But then you have nuggets like Jimmy Clement who he turned into an A grade full back coming from Freo.  His history in recruitment and developing is there for all to see...  Just as is the history of our recruitment and development under Ratten who was inexperienced in both.  ;)  

It is interesting from the sidelines too.

Well into the 3rd qtr and DH/Dommi/MBB hold a 22 pt lead over PI2C & Shadesy.  ;) :)

3-5 and sitting 13th, including losses to Melbourne and havent played Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle or Sydney yet...

#united #reset

Reply #62

Wrong...

Like Heath Scotland? :-P

I dont have a problem with his Record of turning players around. I said that last week, if we are stuck with him, I hope that's at least what he can do if he is to "refresh" the list.

His record "AT CARLTON" is not showing that at this stage. But like Carrots, I will credit him for his work with Yarran and his development of guys like Lucas (who is a player issue). I can give credit where credit is due. I think his matchday stuff is way better than Ratten ever did.

But I will question other decisions he makes, his mixed messages, his changing of his nmind, him not starting till November, his choice of assistants and outdated game style, where some seem to struggle in doing.

ps. My comment was clearly tongue in cheek to show that both sides are just as guilty as each other.

I know it was TIC..  All good..   :D

Regarding PI2C giving Mick credit for Yarrans form.. I must have missed it..
All I saw was a comment that Yarran is performing no different to how he did back in 2011 under Ratten..   ;)

Regarding Scotland, he had a midfield at the time that Scotland couldn't fit into.  From what I remember Scotland asked to be moved on for more midfield opportunity..
Mick didn't want to get rid of Scotland, but agreed to the trade so he could get opportunities. 

You have every right to question his and the clubs mixed messages from the past.. I did too..
I've moved on from it and am now and accepted where we are at. 

The players seem happy with the game plan and actually had input into it.. So  I wont question it if everyone at the club believes in it.

Reply #63
We had an ordinary win against a very ordinary side last night, it tells us nothing new!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
We had an ordinary win against a very ordinary side last night, it tells us nothing new!

But ts better than an ordinary loss...   ;)

It also told us we have some very good young ones coming through... 

Reply #65

Possibly, but the only real experience in the Aints midfield was Hayes and that Grandpa tore us a new one! The Aints played all three of this years draft picks so we should have won by some significant margin more in my opinion!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
We are just going LP, any win I'll take. Maybe it will be a catalyst for better things...

Reply #67
We won a game we should have won and that is all you can ask.

We also got another good look at emerging bona fide talent (Menzel, Docherty, Buckley).

And with Curnow, Carrazzo, Judd, Waite and Bell on the sidelines (yes, left out Kreuz... intentionally) we should gradually improve as they arrive back in the side.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
We are just going LP, any win I'll take. Maybe it will be a catalyst for better things...

Yep.

If it can bring belief to the system. As MBB said we have won 3 of the last 4, but the one loss shows how far away we actually are. With Adelaide and Brisbane to come, an opportunity exists to square the ledger before being sorted out with the good teams of the comp.

Winning without Scotland, Carrazzo, Waite and Judd also glimpses into the not so distant future and its looking brighter with Buckley, Menzel, Docherty, Yarran, led by Muprhy and Gibbs.

#united #reset

Reply #69

Possibly, but the only real experience in the Aints midfield was Hayes and that Grandpas tore us a new one! The Aints played all three of this years draft picks so we should have won by some significant margin more in my opinion!

We slaughtered them in most areas.. The thing we had trouble with was consolidating on the hard work and kicking goals.. 
We still do have signifiacnt brain lapses.. We were 46 points up with 4 minutes to go.. 
This is what I keep saying its between the ears also. We lack the ability to concentrate for the whole game, or good parts of it..
Hendo had a bad night all round..  We need another key forward..  Hendo Casboult and (insert reliable key forward here) and will be much better for it.

Reply #70
As Shadesy points out, the good thing about this win is that it was achieved with many players who are likely to be part of our future and we are seeing the boys  being weaned away from those who were our past - Carrazzo, Waite, Judd, Scotland. I'm sure this is not totally accidental.

Next year it will be vital to bring in even more new blood as we we see the last of the older brigade fade away. OK, there's some pain attached but in a way it's quite exciting - can't wait for the drafts/trade periods actually.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #71
White and Murph not cited.

Robbo offered one week for an early plea (lucky the jumper was over his head, otherwise it would probably been more).

MRP said Rowe pushed Riewoldt into Murph's path - common sense prevails.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72
White and Murph not cited.

Robbo offered one week for an early plea (lucky the jumper was over his head, otherwise it would probably been more).

Glad to read that Robbo can inflict damage on the opposition even when blind folded! He must be bl00dy good with the pinata?
Talking of Robbo, he's been playing a lot better in the last few games IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #73

You'd know they were really out to get us if Murphy is getting rubbed out.

Reply #74

Mate have you not read anything I've posted in the last 2 weeks?? My issue isn't with development, it's with players that are underperforming. There's a difference. Yarran was underperforming, now he isn't. I really don't see the big deal, but I do like how you say a player is responsible for their own performance until they play well, then it's the coach. LOL. :)) He is back to his 2011 best.

Yarran to me is the most talented player on our list and the most talented to walk into the club that I've seen. It is a given that he will be a star IMO, other may differ but that's where I sit.

I gave Mick credit for playing Lucas last year, and I acknowledged how swinging Yarran around the park has been great for him. In the very post you pointed out! You seriously must just read only what you want to read.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!