Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 45100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #120
So whose job is it to make sure the players are switched on for four quarters?
Players have switches these days? Fork me ya learn something every day. Seriously, whose job is it to whipe ones backside after one takes a crap? We are talking elite (and I use the term loosely in Carltons case) AFL footballer. I am sure a message went out to not take the pedal off and keep going hard. If the players cant figure it out for themselves though, they shouldn't be out there. As for the leaders on field....
Maxwell was chastised for having a crack a Fasolo last week for mucking up, I would welcome that at our Club and pay bonusses to those who did it. Nuffs enuff fellas.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Players have switches these days? Fork me ya learn something every day. Seriously, whose job is it to whipe ones backside after one takes a crap? We are talking elite (and I use the term loosely in Carltons case) AFL footballer. I am sure a message went out to not take the pedal off and keep going hard. If the players cant figure it out for themselves though, they shouldn't be out there. As for the leaders on field....
Maxwell was chastised for having a crack a Fasolo last week for mucking up, I would welcome that at our Club and pay bonusses to those who did it. Nuffs enuff fellas.

What's the role of the coach then?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122

To show us how bad our list is.

Reply #123
Each player knows what it takes to SWITCH ON before the initial bounce, they are after all highly paid PROFESSIONAL athletes, playing in a team sport. The problem is our lack of leadership on the field, no one takes charge and leads the way.

It's the blind leading the blind.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #124
Each player knows what it takes to SWITCH ON before the initial bounce, they are after all highly paid PROFESSIONAL athletes, playing in a team sport. The problem is our lack of leadership on the field, no one takes charge and leads the way.

It's the blind leading the blind. 

So the coach is a part of the blind leading the blind? Or what is the coach's role at the club? Making sure the oranges are cut for half time?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #125

His role is to not have to state the bleeding obvious.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #126
Nice deflection, but seriously, what is the coach's role in your eyes. You obviously have it worked out as he's not to blame for anything so tell me, from your perspective, what is he responsible for?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #127
love the hypocrisy. 

Those who wanted ratten gone for not getting club to play finals are the same people who want Malthouse to stay for not getting us to finals.

Reply #128
In fairness to MM, and I do often put the boots in, but I reckon that game was lost at selection!

I don't think he coached too badly this week, we had plenty of inside 50s but just could not register a score.

We are introverts, the competition know if we get pushed hard enough we pull our head in, and Brisbane picked a side full of hard heads!

It was refreshing for me to see Murphy, Yarran and Waite have a go, but they are too few and too late. If we had Walker and Armfield we may have won!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
In fairness to MM, and I do often put the boots in, but I reckon that game was lost at selection!

I don't think he coached too badly this week, we had plenty of inside 50s but just could not register a score.

We are introverts, the competition know if we get pushed hard enough we pull our head in, and Brisbane picked a side full of hard heads!

It was refreshing for me to see Murphy, Yarran and Waite have a go, but they are too few and too late. If we had Walker and Armfield we may have won!

Brisbane were due....some good ins, a longer rest than us and while Walker and Armfield are not superstars we missed their run even though AW has
been butchering the ball of late.
Armfield could have taken Rockcliff or Redden and kept them quiet enough to give us a better chance.........
When they lost West we should have taken control but didnt......Carrazzo and Robinson looked underdone and we really didnt have any stars align for us that afternoon.

Reply #130
Seems to be happening quite a lot Elwood......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #131

Chocolate starfish align for us pretty well on a regular basis! ;)

The Force Awakens!

Reply #132

Dont disagree Carrots and when you are 16 points up in the last quarter playing the bottom team you do have to ask questions of all parties...players and coaching staff.
If Malthouse has some gonads he will drop Waite for a couple of weeks......if he keeps him in the team then I know we lack discipline and have no standards to play by...

Reply #133

Dont disagree Carrots and when you are 16 points up in the last quarter playing the bottom team you do have to ask questions of all parties...players and coaching staff.
If Malthouse has some gonads he will drop Waite for a couple of weeks......if he keeps him in the team then I know we lack discipline and have no standards to play by...

Can we beat anyone without Waite?  I suppose we're little change of winning the next two weeks anyway

Reply #134
Mick's Members message this week was pretty short.
Just over two minutes
He really didn't give us anything but reading between the lines he wasn't happy with the on-field leadership when they surged

For those folk who don't have access here's a (muddled) summary

"Very disappointing,"
"Can't look for any excuses and that's not going to be the case"

"We had an opportunity to draw level with our win-loss record but over the last couple of years when we've been expected to be better we haven't."
They got a break early on because they "hunted the ball longer and harder"

"Not going to point the finger at individuals"...... (at least publicly, he's not ;))

"When we had opportunities we didn't take the next opportunity and allowed them to score a relatively easy goal....and that got them back in the hunt" (and the home ground advantage becomes a factor ...."surge of emotion" that you have to stop.)

"When we kicked the first two goals of the last quarter I knew, and I think the boys knew, that the job wasn't done....but we allowed them to score goals at will and paid a massive penalty".

"We cant change it all we can do is just keep coaching it....and try to get individuals (again not mentioning any names)..... to stand up and try to rally the troops on the ground to stop any advances they make."

"It's a testing time...we hope you're all on board... please stick and we will do everything we possibly can."