Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37527 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
I suspect he's a country member... (and the response is...)

(that'll test your Kenny Everett memory - classic comment from Kenny)...

I remember.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #46
So I'm going along on Sunday which means we will probably get well and truly flogged. But here's hoping we break my hoodoo, make a good fist of it, put on a show and send me home fully loaded and happy.
Go Blues.

I think you may be right about getting a touch-up from the Cats. They were embarrassed last week by the Pies and it is hard to see them not coming out looking for some revenge.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #47
I think you may be right about getting a touch-up from the Cats. They were embarrassed last week by the Pies and it is hard to see them not coming out looking for some revenge.
As will we.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
Boys were on six day break v 7 day break for kangas - kangas on top not disgraced which is good.

I think we will give the cats a scare

Reply #49
Boys were on six day break v 7 day break for kangas - kangas on top not disgraced which is good.

I think we will give the cats a scare

With our Chewbacca masks?????

Reply #50
I remember.

Hahahahaha.... what a classic.

Yep, that's it. Another Kenny fan I see...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
We'll get a good old spanking unfortunately, the Cats were caught napping last week almost played annoyed when they woke up to the Pies audacity.
Cats are an awesome team and will come out snarling, hope the Mighty Baggers put up a committed and dure effort.
Do us proud, Go Blues

Reply #52
f we go in fully fired up I reckon we could see a few fireworks in this game!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Selwood and Dangerman both down last week.....dont see that happening again, be another hard day at the office vs the rebounding Cats but its about the young blokes who stand up under pressure and perform so best not to get to hung up on the result.
As I said previously I would play the well performing NB's Nick Graham and rest Cripps ...lets see if NG can get 30 possies vs some of the best mids in the comp and get some of those tackling numbers he has in the NB's..

Wood in also and I'd be keen to give a 1st gamer a taste like DVR, Foster, or maybe Smith gets another chance......

Reply #55
last week gorringe v goldy sunday could be jakasch v harry t, if we  can get some leading fwds and not turn it over in our foward line is a great start must put pressure on there ball carriers they might be flat 2 weeks in a row

Reply #56
Cats have a lazy forward line that Docherty, Byrne and Simmo might exploit.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #57
Cats have a lazy forward line that Docherty, Byrne and Simmo might exploit.

Prof...I thought North exposed our lazy small defenders last week....they got plenty of the ball but didnt do too much defending on Thomas, Harvey etc....
Motlop will kick a bag as he is twice the player Lindsay Thomas is....their resting onballers like Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie also kick goals so we will need to be more
vigilant on manning up players than we were vs Nth...

Reply #58
Prof...I thought North exposed our lazy small defenders last week....they got plenty of the ball but didnt do too much defending on Thomas, Harvey etc....
Motlop will kick a bag as he is twice the player Lindsay Thomas is....their resting onballers like Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie also kick goals so we will need to be more
vigilant on manning up players than we were vs Nth...

Disagree a little.

Thomas twice got easy leads straight from Centre Clearances. Clean quick ball like that is impossible to stop and came down to our midfielders.

Harvey pushed off through the middle for his goals and again our smaller defenders were not to blame.

Our mids got killed both sides of the ball last Saturday and that was the difference.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #59
North's mids showed a lot more skills than ours and were able to win the ball and move it forward very quickly and with precision. We had few answers to this from our mids. Geelong tend to build a lot slower but do have skills and precision so we still may struggle We must pressure them and tackle hard to have any hope.
Reality always wins in the end.