Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37557 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #60
See your point EB but none of Hawkins, Kersten or Motlop run both ways.  Their midfield is very good but shallow as well.  I can't see us winning as we won't kick enough goals but if we had a decent ruck to give us first use we could give them a scare.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #61
Selection was total crap last week. Sorry to Bolton, etc. but he's not a sacred cow and that was a disaster.

Will Gorringe get a game this weekend after 7 hitouts last week?

White was hopeless.

Rowe to forward did not work at all and weakened our defense.

Weitering was well off his best but was still ok. Did he need a game in the 2s?

Wood to play ruck, Jaksch to play key forward, Rowe back and anyone you want to replace White - Graham, Tutt.... what about SOSOS?

If Jaksch is left out again I will definitely spew up. Such an important player - to not even give him a crack in 9 rounds is - again - another real black mark on Bolton in my view. Happy to rush in Everitt and leave him in despite a series of pathetic / non-team oriented incidents yet giving Jaksh a crack is somehow unreasonable. Give me a spell.

Reply #62
Selection was total crap last week. Sorry to Bolton, etc. but he's not a sacred cow and that was a disaster.

White was hopeless.

Wood to play ruck, Jaksch to play key forward, Rowe back and anyone you want to replace White - Graham, Tutt.... what about SOSOS?

If Jaksch is left out again I will definitely spew up. Such an important player - to not even give him a crack in 9 rounds is - again - another real black mark on Bolton in my view. Happy to rush in Everitt and leave him in despite a series of pathetic / non-team oriented incidents yet giving Jaksh a crack is somehow unreasonable. Give me a spell.
If SOSOS gets a game I'll eat my jocks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63

White was hopeless.

Someone's been drinking early.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #64

White was hopeless.

A lot of commentators had White in their best players for the shut down job he did on Petrie  ???

Jaksch hasn't played because he hasn't shown enough in the NBs, although his form in their last game was pretty good.  Whether it's at the level the Match Committee is looking for will determine whether he is in the frame for a spot in the 22 but Fraser's assessment is pretty positive.

“I thought he was terrific, he’s been fairly consistent with us but we’re trying to get his game to the next level,” Fraser said on Jaksch.

“He played a role for us up forward today and went back and supported in defence at times - he keeps growing, he’s started to assume a leadership role with these younger players which is pleasing.”

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Interesting inclusions: Jaksch, Casboult and Kreuzer  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
Very interesting? Someone  give them the magic pill?

Reply #67

What!!!! Meat and Tractor named!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
Both named on the bench, so both highly unlikely to play.

Sunday game, so can change the emergencies before then without much of an issue.

Is the club just trying to get people interested in the match in the hope more turnup??

Reply #69
No idea whther they trained or match committee decided based on their age 70-80% fit will be good enough to take the risk we will find out tomorrow whether they are included.

Reply #70
Mckay injury report said Casboult was 3 weeks away.. I questioned on twitter with no response, saying it was originally 6-8 so now to 3...

Surely they wont play!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
"Arise young Levi and Kreuz, pick up thy beds and walk!"

WTF?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
Mckay injury report said Casboult was 3 weeks away.. I questioned on twitter with no response, saying it was originally 6-8 so now to 3...

Surely they wont play!

Weitering was 1-2 weeks away and played.

However, i doubt either of these will play

Reply #73
“Kreuzer has improved after the surgery quicker than expected and he had a follow-up meeting with the surgeon today,” McKay said.

“The surgeon says structurally his knee is sound, so it will be a matter of whether he can get through training over the coming days before we can consider him for selection.

“In terms of Levi, his initial MRI scan revealed a small hairline fracture to the top of his tibia, but a more recent CT scan revealed it’s actually a depression in his tibia which is a lot less severe.

“It has improved an enormous amount over the last few days.

“He will still require a thorough test tomorrow before we can rule him in or out.”

It all sounds perfectly reasonable but I'd be very surprised if both play on Sunday.

Reply #74

Backs   6. Kade Simpson   20. Lachie Plowman   15. Sam Docherty
Half-backs   42. Zach Tuohy   23. Jacob Weitering   39. Dale Thomas
Centreline   19. Liam Sumner   4. Bryce Gibbs   27. Dennis Armfield
Half-forwards   33. Andrejs Everitt   1. Andrew Walker   35. Ed Curnow
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   43. Simon White   13. Jed Lamb
Followers   17. Sam Rowe   9. Patrick Cripps   3. Marc Murphy (C)

Interchange (from):   11. Sam Kerridge   14. Liam Jones   37. Daniel Gorringe
    38. Ciaran Byrne   18. Kristian Jaksch   41. Levi Casboult
    8. Matthew Kreuzer   

In: Kreuzer, Casboult, Jaksch

Given the circumstances someone might come out of the actual 18, which never happens for Sunday games bar injuries, if Kreuzer and Casboult are fit. You'd think, from the bench, Kerridge and Byrne will play, as would a fit Kreuzer and Casboult together with with Jones or Jaksch, the latter if I had the choice.