Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #45
Good to see the pressure on the club has finally seen a change of heart.

MM changed it up to suit the cattle we have, midfield still needs a lot of work.
The mob we have can't play the boundary hugging defensive style that MM loves so much, we just need to play to our strengths and give it a crack (Ratt's daft picks only know one way).

One win, it's a step in the right direction.

Now it is onto next week, we need to back it up as that will determine how dinkum we are...
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #46
Is that bloody show on Fox the Collingwood hour ::)

Reply #47
Don't like to cast any negatives after such a guts based win but I'm yet to be convinced that we are any more than a middle of the road team unfortunately.

Exactly how I see the team this year, should of beaten the Tigers and Dees to be 3-2 right now but we have deficiencies that have to be covered every week without the cattle to do it.

Eagles, Pies & Saints aren't going to be easy assignments prior to the bye but I'd be happy to win one of them and play really well in the other two. It's gotta be baby steps with consistency of effort for the next month. A slip back to the shoddy ways of the first month is only going to bring the heat back on us.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #48
Good stuff boys.
Murphy silenced his critics for at least a week, Waite was very good, Gibbs did a complete turnaround from last week, Walker fantastic in the first half, Simpson equally good in the second, Tuohy back in some touch, Bell excellent, Henderson likewise, there's still some life in Carratts and Warnock played his best game for Carlton.
Sad about Juddy but it sure makes a difference when all of your good players fire.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Sheik and Cookie might be spot on, but we have played with lack of intensity, heart and no real passion for too long. When we show we can bring on the heat we look like a completely different side. We look like a top up of 6 players would make us look almost unbeatable. 2 decent forwards, 2 decent tall defenders, and 2 decent fast running mid field types. We don't need a team of champions, but a team of go getters that have some skill. Skill can be fine tuned too. I only listened on the radio and loved the positive feedback from the commentators. Something I just haven't heard all year.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #50
what's the slogan for next week guys??

Reply #51
Eagles, Pies & Saints aren't going to be easy assignments prior to the bye but I'd be happy to win one of them and play really well in the other two. It's gotta be baby steps with consistency of effort for the next month. A slip back to the shoddy ways of the first month is only going to bring the heat back on us.

Eagles, Pies and Saints all have at least one class key forward, which makes it a whole new ball game for us.
Crameri made us look average, imagine what Cloke, Riewoldt and Kennedy can do.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #52
Desperation, desire, attack on the contest, spirit, competitive, pride, - all things that were on display today but have been sadly missing in the previous month.

Imagine if they had of turned up and delivered that same crap again this week ??  :o ???   

Reply #53
Thought Lucas and Bell were the best thing about that last quarter.  Lucas in particular put his head down and won the hard ball.  Bell has rubbish disposal, but his 1% efforts are astonishing.  If only he could kick. 

Warnock played one of his best games in a Carlton jumper.

For me Murph and Gibbs have not silenced the critics.  They have to out that effort in each week.  One game is not a season.

As for Rowe and White, ultimately I'm with Sheik, I think they're liabilities.  But for the moment if that's all we have then we have to plat them.

Oh, and Levi was fantastic.  Don't worry that he didn't kick a goal and dropped at least one sitter. He tackled hard and really played the game out and was a great link player.  Needs to be persevered with.  He's better than spuds like Vickery.

Reply #54
Desperation, desire, attack on the contest, spirit, competitive, pride, - all things that were on display today but have been sadly missing in the previous month.

Imagine if they had of turned up and delivered that same crap again this week ??  :o ???  

They delivered it in the first two quarters against PA.  And then it vanished... until today.

Reply #55
Thought Lucas and Bell were the best thing about that last quarter.  Lucas in particular put his head down and won the hard ball.  Bell has rubbish disposal, but his 1% efforts are astonishing.  If only he could kick. 

For me Murph and Gibbs have not silenced the critics.  They have to out that effort in each week.  One game is not a season.

As for Rowe and White, ultimately I'm with Sheik, I think they're liabilities.  But for the moment if that's all we have then we have to plat them.

Oh, and Levi was fantastic.  Don't worry that he didn't kick a goal and dropped at least one sitter. He tackled hard and really played the game out and was a great link player.  Needs to be persevered with.  He's better than spuds like Vickery.

Bell does have disposal issues and it is hard to see him improving them hence the reason I don't believe he is part of the bigger picture. However, his brute strength and bone-crunching body work is very pleasing to watch.

Good comment about White & Rowe, they are all we have at the moment so the MC can only work with what we've got. The end of season player movements is going to be very interesting.

Reply #57
Lucas is getting Sharper and tougher

Reply #58

Bell does have disposal issues and it is hard to see him improving them hence the reason I don't believe he is part of the bigger picture. However, his brute strength and bone-crunching body work is very pleasing to watch.

Good comment about White & Rowe, they are all we have at the moment so the MC can only work with what we've got. The end of season player movements is going to be very interesting.

In fairness to both White and Rowe, they have added a bit of mongrel and physicality to the side. They are not the most talented blokes going around out there, but if they continue to throw themselves around, get in the face of opposition players and generally make a nuisance of themselves they are doing as best they can. If Watson could do the same, he'd be a gimme. Hopefully he learns from them.

Good effort from everyone out there today i thought. If we can get that much effort from the team every week, i'll be a happy camper.

Reply #59
Sheik and Cookie might be spot on, but we have played with lack of intensity, heart and no real passion for too long. When we show we can bring on the heat we look like a completely different side. We look like a top up of 6 players would make us look almost unbeatable. 2 decent forwards, 2 decent tall defenders, and 2 decent fast running mid field types. We don't need a team of champions, but a team of go getters that have some skill. Skill can be fine tuned too. I only listened on the radio and loved the positive feedback from the commentators. Something I just haven't heard all year.

I think we were fantastic for the first 2 1/2 qtrs then we slid a little bit but did manage to steady and then really  fight it out for the rest of the game. I think you're right Mants, we need more quality in the midfield for sure plus the good forwards and defenders you mention. With those I reckon we could become a pretty formidable proposition for any opposition team. The game tonight though should do a lot for our confidence - even if we can just keep the level of application and intensity shown today I would be encouraged.

Amazing though what some intensity, being highly competitive in the midfield battle, sticking tackles  and converting your goal chances can do!  ^-^
Reality always wins in the end.