Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 50077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #60
@LP

I nearly did give 'em a break - a broken coffee cup or a broken TV screen.

Sorry LP, don't get you - I thought I was being positive about Watson - the club, well that's another story.

If the club had played him as a forward early this season he'd be trade bait now, 100% trade bait.

This is the best thing that could happen to him, a slow steady rise to a long career. He has spent a season in the VFL learning to deliver what he delivered today but he still has a way to go. Late in the last he got the ball at about 55m in front of the members and centred it with a 40m outside edge of the boot pass. The kid can and should have had a crack at the sticks, he is capable of it.
The Force Awakens!

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #61
Did anyone else at today's game wonder why we gave Heppell a clear run through the defensive side of the centre square all day?
He cut us to pieces.

I was screaming the entire match as to how we let him off the lead today. He sets up so much of their play, it isn't funny. This game completely did my head in. Us being up by 3 goals in the 1st quarter, and then to have turned this lead over in 10 mins of footy in the 2nd quarter. Then to be behind by 5 goals in the 3rd quarter, to sneak back into a position where we are a chance. Then to come so close, and miss winning was just criminal. >:(
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #62
@LP

Sorry LP, don't get you - I thought I was being positive about Watson - the club, well that's another story.

If the club had played him as a forward early this season he'd be trade bait now, 100% trade bait.

This is the best thing that could happen to him, a slow steady rise to a long career. He has spent a season in the VFL learning to deliver what he delivered today but he still has a way to go. Late in the last he got the ball at about 55m in front of the members and centred it with a 40m outside edge of the boot pass. The kid can and should have had a crack at the sticks, he is capable of it.

That's something I've noticed quite a few of our guys do recently. Not have a ping from 40-50 but centre it, quite often to a contest.

Looks like a team instruction to drop the amount of behinds and giving the ball back in the kick in. Maybe something like "if you are very confident have a go, but if unsure then kick it to a position where we can apply pressure."
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #63
five don't go into three
lol

Important comment - good pick up TNT Blue. Tells me that Meat, Watto or Waitey won't be at Princes Park next year. Can't see Kreuz or Hendo being traded.

I also found MMs comment that few blokes doubt themselves more that Watto. Man, that explains a lot. Question is, can he build on what he achieved today? Can he achieve that with serious opponent?

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
I called it a couple of years ago, I said Watson moves and plays like a forward but we play him down back all the time. :o

Good to see him given ago, well done mate.

By the way did anyone listen to MMM with Brayshaw? The guy is a complete tosser for continually bagging Watson for his large head, totally unprofessional.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #65

By the way did anyone listen to MMM with Brayshaw? The guy is a complete tosser for continually bagging Watson for his large head, totally unprofessional.

Can't be any worse than having to listen to the Ch7 cheer squad.  ::)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #66
Mighty Mick after the siren :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-30/malthouse-post-match

I think he meant Tom Bell not Peter ;) :D

Lol... peter bell.

he was telling the reporter to "do some homework" and then he drops the "peter bell".
its a million dollars per annum for a farcical comedy - pressers, the best part of the day

Reply #67
five don't go into three
lol

Important comment - good pick up TNT Blue. Tells me that Meat, Watto or Waitey won't be at Princes Park next year. Can't see Kreuz or Hendo being traded.

I also found MMs comment that few blokes doubt themselves more that Watto. Man, that explains a lot. Question is, can he build on what he achieved today? Can he achieve that with serious opponent?

Yeah
I didn't get it that way Baggers
In fact I thought Mick gave the impression that he was quite pleased that in 2015 they were going to have a bit of a dilemma with a glut of forward options....a nice problem to have...an "outstanding" problem in fact

on Matthew Watson
"Fantastic
I think Watto needs to look at that game and say over and over ...why hasn't this happened before?....because there is no-one more self doubting than him, and it's taken a long time for us to have the confidence to say....now step up!
Now what he's done is thrown a spanner in the works with regard to our forward line structure ...which is outstanding...Henderson will be available early next year...Kreuzer will...five don't go into three....which is terrific for us"

So it's a nice problem to have...... but also there's probably a little message to those holding out for extra contract concessions that Watson just damaged your bargaining position to some extent.

Reply #68
watto's 4 goals saved the blues about 300k next year
waite gone , meat stays on reduced money, watto plays forward
kruz stays, and hendo goes back again IMO

Reply #69
@LP

Sorry LP but he's only been tried as a forward in the VFL in the last few weeks of the season, from the reports I've read - admittedly I've not attended any VFL games to actually see him. People on here though, me included, were suggesting he should be tried as a forward a lot longer ago than that. Wonder why that didn't dawn on the club earlier, especially when we're supposed to be desperate for a KPF? If he's looking like he may be suited to that role now why wouldn't he have done so then? That wouldn't have precluded him from a "slow steady rise to a long career" now would it, possibly would have put him on the right track earlier? Just askin'.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
4 goals from Watson is a great effort but let's not be seduced, he still had NFI about marking, positioning, what to do when the ball hits the ground, his hand are slow.......he is not AFL standard.

Not sure if it showed up on the TV, but it was plain as day at the ground.

And while on forwards, unless he can kick straight, Casboult is no use to us. End of argument.

Reply #71
4 goals from Watson is a great effort but let's not be seduced, he still had NFI about marking, positioning, what to do when the ball hits the ground, his hand are slow.......he is not AFL standard.

Not sure if it showed up on the TV, but it was plain as day at the ground.

And while on forwards, unless he can kick straight, Casboult is no use to us. End of argument.

I agree with all of this. The thing that stood out for me was his lack of pressure. Once the ball wasn't within arms reach he gave up. Don't get me wrong, a 4 goal haul is nothing to sneeze at and I'm happy for the kid but I'm not expecting him to be a regular AFL player.

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #72
That's the best I've seen Watson play in a dark navy blue jumper - he looked very very promising as a forward. My major gripe was though, WTF has it taken the powers that be at the club this long to try him out as a forward?? I was almost on the point of throwing my empty coffee cup at the screen. Hell, we've been suggesting trying him there for at least a year - gee they are slow learners at CFC!

MM's comment about no one doubting Watson more than Watson, well I can think of one bloke that doubts him more and that's Mick himself! We've been wasting time playing White who is never going to be more than back up at absolute best and this whole time we could have been developing Watson as a forward. Mick has most definitely instilled the hunger to win back in this side after he lost it but fk me he's made some terrible moves/decisions along the way.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
MM's comment about no one doubting Watson more than Watson, well I can think of one bloke that doubts him more and that's Mick himself! We've been wasting time playing White who is never going to be more than back up at absolute best and this whole time we could have been developing Watson as a forward. Mick has most definitely instilled the hunger to win back in this side after he lost it but fk me he's made some terrible moves/decisions along the way.

Still making sense, Carrots. Mick coaches to mistakes a bit too often.

Reply #74
Ahhh my old pal Java......brings back memories of our heated debates over your man Britts. Hope you're well buddy. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!