Skip to main content
Topic: In game thread - Blues v Pies - Round 5 (Read 53473 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In game thread - Blues v Pies - Round 5

Reply #135
What were the players doing when they made the finals three years running, improved every year and should have made a prelim under Ratts then? Wish they had have played for Ratts we would've won a premiership for sure.

When we're allowed to play to our strengths we at least a bottom end of a finals sides. Proved it before, proved it even late last year. When we play this defensive, behind the ball crap around the boundary we're a bottom 3 side.

Reply #136
I'm starting to enjoy it as well.

Just like knew Australia had to get smashed before the selectors turfed Ponting, we need to belted into the stone age to change the coach and the board.

I've had similar thoughts after some losses over the past few years, and it has not made one iota of difference.

Reply #137
Mick is done no doubt about it. We also need to completely rejig our player development. A massive clean out and rethink needed there.

don't think a clean out is needed, just need a coach who'll coach to our strengths, not weaknesses that demoralise the players.

Reply #138
When we're allowed to play to our strengths we at least a bottom end of a finals sides. Proved it before, proved it even late last year. When we play this defensive, behind the ball crap around the boundary we're a bottom 3 side.

No doubt we are coached to Mick's strengths and not ours and the players look confused, devoid of confidence and over it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #139

It's just obvious to me Laj, I can't understand why others don't see it!

Our only hope with this list is the shoot-out, instead we are scraping away to create certain loses with an obsolete game plan!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #140
Mick is done no doubt about it. We also need to completely rejig our player development. A massive clean out and rethink needed there.

I have said put everyone on the trade table and I get shouted down.
......the so called leaders must go...they have no credibility to lead

Reply #141
Average list.

Bad game plan.

Coach past his shelf life.

Which of these is the problem?

2 & 3. List is reasonable enough if you coach their strengths that run and do ok.

Reply #142
How is Marc Murphy on 800k? Daisy on 700k? Mick on 1 million+? Greg Swann's legacy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #143
don't think a clean out is needed, just need a coach who'll coach to our strengths, not weaknesses that demoralise the players.

But our basic skills are atrocious.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #146
You could have clarkson and longmire in the box and it won't help walker hit a target or casboult kick a drop punt or Henderson take a contested mark. They don't have the skills or ability.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #147
1 Draft and we get Cripps. Need 8 more Drafts. Be back in 2023. Good luck guys.

Reply #148
I agree with you IAJ.... why can't thus muppet coach this squad to their strengths instead on insisting on an obselete gameplan that we don't have the cattle to implement... it beggars understanding.

As for list management... Gibbs has to go.  F me dead, that hooked shot on goal had "I don't care" and "goodbye coach" written all over it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #149
2 & 3. List is reasonable enough if you coach their strengths that run and do ok.

I want at least a bl00dy good list, not just a reasonable one.
Reality always wins in the end.