Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations (Read 60610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #75
I have never been so happy to see pick #1 evaporate before my eyes. I will miss it, but this effort was the sort I have wanted to see for 3 years!

Yes sneak into the finals taking EFCs spot and that would top off a great 2015 as a new beginning!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Haha Nick graham made Mick look like the wanker he is
Nick has certainly responded in the way we could have hoped. He has been excellent. No stop - start marking in the back pocket and going across the ground or backwards. No playing to show off his deficiencies. Instead he showed off his strengths and it was lovely to see.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #77
How much has he improved within three games. He was a lot better today than he was three weeks ago. JUst needs to play as much senior football as possible.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #78
No FTA & no radio in Sydney and ........ we win !!

Can't take a trick ....... :(

All I know after receiving a phone call is that Cripps played a blinder and the whole team played like men possessed.

Have to ask the question again, how much of this is attributable to Malthouse going and how much is it to do with a new game-plan & attitude ??

The other thing is, what has today done for Barker's chance of getting the gig next year ??

New coach = new attitude = happy supporters !!

Nice to know they are going to be competitive every week from now, it was so hard to stomach some of the performances earlier in the season.

The other thing is, some players who would have been considered a strong chance to be shown the door at the end of the season may end up being offered an extension if they keep up this renewed level of application. Its easy to boot guys who are just going through the motions but now, those who are busting their buns week after week deserve to be rewarded for that level of persistence.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #79
TheSheik if we play with this current level of passion and like men for the rest of the season, the players we don't need could actually have boosted their trade value. I couldn't find a poor player. In fact one of our worst were Walker and Kreuzer. Walker was a sub and was half way through the last quarter. Hence he had limited time to have an impact. Kreuzer did the push and shove rough stuff at ground level. He tried hard, but you can see his limited tank, due to a lack of football match fitness. That will come in a few games time.

Heaps of skill errors by most players. However some good plays pushing the ball forward at any opportunity. Just need to find a way to get Yarran more into the run and carry play. His defending game today was good. Just didn't run and carry as much as he has in the past. Maybe a confidence thing.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #80
No FTA & no radio in Sydney and ........ we win !!

Can't take a trick ....... :(

All I know after receiving a phone call is that Cripps played a blinder and the whole team played like men possessed.

Have to ask the question again, how much of this is attributable to Malthouse going and how much is it to do with a new game-plan & attitude ??

The other thing is, what has today done for Barker's chance of getting the gig next year ??

New coach = new attitude = happy supporters !!

Nice to know they are going to be competitive every week from now, it was so hard to stomach some of the performances earlier in the season.

The other thing is, some players who would have been considered a strong chance to be shown the door at the end of the season may end up being offered an extension if they keep up this renewed level of application. Its easy to boot guys who are just going through the motions but now, those who are busting their buns week after week deserve to be rewarded for that level of persistence.

This now means a total blackout for you every Carlton game...lol.

Reply #81
Just saw a grab from Ken Hinckley, interestingly Gray passed his concussion test plus the docs gave him the okay. It was the coaching staff who decided not to allow him to return as they felt he had been knocked out which put him at risk.

Gray was an important player, that's a pretty big decision by Ken, especially with where the club is and was expecting to be.

Reply #82
Just saw a grab from Ken Hinckley, interestingly Gray passed his concussion test plus the docs gave him the okay. It was the coaching staff who decided not to allow him to return as they felt he had been knocked out which put him at risk.

Gray was an important player, that's a pretty big decision by Ken, especially with where the club is and was expecting to be.

Losing Gray helped us win the game no doubt and Hinkley should be praised for looking after the health of his player given the circumstances.....

Reply #83
BUGGER, Looks like number one pick is gone ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I see the sarcasm but I for 1 couldn't be happier. I will takes wins, confidence and a winning culture over higher draft picks every day of the week.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #84
Before everyone starts wheeling the boots into White......is he a key position defender? Absolutely not. Is he being asked to play a role he is not equipped to do? Absolutely yes. Bit of perspective people, who else would you have standing the 2nd best opposition tall forward at the moment without hurting our current forward set-up of Hendo-Everitt-Caboult?

Since you asked !!
Why not Jaksch? Surely if he is fit, and he was named an emergency then he would be worth a shot. EDIT If he really is a spud as you suggest, then we really screwed up that trade. :(
Or even Watson, I know he kicked 6 in the VFL but when we are as short on KPD's as we are at the moment, why not bring him in and ask him to play a role.
To me it's crazy asking White to play KPD, personally I reckon it be worth giving an opportunity to Jaksch or Watson.

Reply #85
My opinion - Everitt is not a viable option.

Odd to say after he just kicked 3 goals but his tackling, effort, defensive running and pressure is shocking. Wet paper towel would put up more resistance than his tackles. Body language is horrific. Was really shown up today because all of his teammates were so good.

Reply #86
White can play as a defender, but he can also play as a forward.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #87
Since you asked !!
Why not Jaksch? Surely if he is fit, and he was named an emergency then he would be worth a shot. EDIT If he really is a spud as you suggest, then we really screwed up that trade. :(
Or even Watson, I know he kicked 6 in the VFL but when we are as short on KPD's as we are at the moment, why not bring him in and ask him to play a role.
To me it's crazy asking White to play KPD, personally I reckon it be worth giving an opportunity to Jaksch or Watson.

I think Jaksch is being given a chance to find some form in the seconds. Very young so no need to panic on the trade or call young fellas spuds 5 minutes into their career.

Reply #88
I think Jaksch is being given a chance to find some form in the seconds. Very young so no need to panic on the trade or call young fellas spuds 5 minutes into their career.

3rd AFL season is not super young, I'm not panicking about the trade, and I was only quoting Brettie when I used the term spud. :)

Reply #89
You could have said all off this about Carrazzo early on.

Not so - Carrazzo was quite fast and is still faster than Graham