Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69416 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #60
I can't remember which game it was, but MM let them off the leash and they won from behind again this year.

Work with what you've got MM - not try to fashion #1 picks into your style of play all the time.  I still think we screwed up getting him as coach, we need someone that isn't as stubborn as just 'play as I believe the game should be played every bloody week'.

So so so proud of that last quarter - partner and I were jumping around the house with the kids looking on happy but a bit bewildered!  We did not play MM's gameplan in the Hawks game, and just missed out winning that due to umpiring bias - we are a run with team, a ONE MILLION DOLLAR coach should bring out the best in what his team however they play, not want to make them play his way or the highway every single week!

FMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!  A great screw YOU to Essendon and Hird after last week!

Reply #61
Statistically - the only way I can judge at this point - we had some good efforts:
Murphy: 14 kicks 9 handballs 23 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 3 goals 0 points. Pretty good for a guy on 1 leg (and who has been now for some time).
Walker: 22 kicks 3 handballs 25 possessions 7 marks 3 tackles 0 goals 0 behinds.
Curnow: 11 kicks 8 handballs 19 possessions 6 marks 6 tackles 1 goal 0 behinds. He got huge dream team points because every kick was effective. I gather not every kick Andrew walker had was effective.  
Gibbs: 19 kicks 7 handballs  26 possessions 3 marks 1 tackle (!!!) 1 goal 0 behinds. Again, it appears Bryce didn't have the radar on as effectively as some others.

I saw a few seconds of Eddie Betts kicking one of his best goals. That was magical!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
Thank You James ( It wasn't my fault ) Tird and the Essenscum Football Club.... we don't deserve to be there but we are.............. bahahahahahahahhhahahaha....

Now lets farrk up Richmond or Collonwood while we're on a roll...

8)
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #63
All you carlton naysayers can eat s bag of dicks
That would be me
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
Biggest win since the 99 prelim?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #66

I have tried hard to be positive during this season, and your statement is a nice statement in hindsight, but if you had turned it off at 3/4 time I am sure you wouldn't be so sanctimonious now!

I suggest you watch a replay of the first 3/4s a few times to keep things in balance!

PS:
If you haven't worked it out yet, I have no good humor about the way we have been playing lately! For me the last quarter makes it even worse because that just shows you what they are capable of when they play football! Our coaches have taken 1st round draft picks and turned them into average players!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68

I have tried hard to be positive during this season, and your statement is a nice statement in hindsight, but if you had turned it off at 3/4 time I am sure you wouldn't be so sanctimonious now!

I suggest you watch a replay of the first 3/4s a few times to keep things in balance!

Nah.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
Murphy: 14 kicks 9 handballs 23 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 3 goals 0 points. Pretty good for a guy on 1 leg (and who has been now for some time).

I thought he was fantastic in the last and clearly lifted the side but I don't think he was on one leg. I saw him burn alongside Garlett running at at full pace for about 50m in the second term for the handball receive and he didn't miss a stride. He's obviously carrying an injury but most players are at this stage of the year. He is just so dangerous around the goals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Whilst he didn't take the grab, I liked Warnock's attack on the footy in the air in the last few minutes. Why can't he attack it like that every time?!

Reply #71

I thought he was fantastic in the last and clearly lifted the side but I don't think he was on one leg. I saw him burn alongside Garlett running at at full pace for about 50m in the second term for the handball receive and he didn't miss a stride. He's obviously carrying an injury but most players are at this stage of the year. He is just so dangerous around the goals.

Straight line OK, going sideways he has a big problem, nil direction changes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
How good was Menzel's pick up from his toes and handball to Bell for the goal? Some very hard tackling as well. So good we're going to get a final into these types.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
Whilst he didn't take the grab, I liked Warnock's attack on the footy in the air in the last few minutes. Why can't he attack it like that every time?!

He isn't playing for his career every week!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
How good was Menzel's pick up from his toes and handball to Bell for the goal? Some very hard tackling as well. So good we're going to get a final into these types.

Yes he has it, whatever it is!
The Force Awakens!