Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 35162 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #120
x2..I would have played DC ahead of others...think Bolton though is worried about having too many "boys" in the team...

Agree cant play every kid we have in the one match.

We tried that in the second practice match and it was a disaster.

Reply #121
Why play Lamb and Thomas when we want to develop players like Cunningham? DC needs as much time as possible in the firsts.

Because BB has said from the first few weeks that he arrived at Carlton that senior games have to be earned not gifted.

That's the reason that Clem Smith and DVR didn't get games last year.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #122
Then how do you explain the selection of Thomas?

Reply #123
Are you from WA Sandsmere?

No. I was talking about your major stuff- up about Cripps going to Fremantle but not playing.
You couldn't even get the game right.

The rest I just wasted.

Reply #124
Not a bad line-up.

I don't really see Jack as a FF though.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #126
Why play Lamb and Thomas when we want to develop players like Cunningham? DC needs as much time as possible in the firsts.

The club still wants to win games, it's not throwing out respect just for the sake of selling hope.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
No. I was talking about your major stuff- up about Cripps going to Fremantle but not playing.
You couldn't even get the game right.

I'm not from WA either, I rely on rumors from across the bite about those issues.

On the SPS rumor, that came from the dad of a FIFO miner who was told by his son the parents of SPS were flying out of Broome earlier this week. It's a small world, ask Kevin Bacon.

Anyway, good luck to the kid, there hasn't been a zero game player with such a ready made rap since Kane Lucas.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #128
So did anyone nail the rnd 1 team selection in the earlier threads?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #129
The club still wants to win games, it's not throwing out respect just for the sake of selling hope.

Please tell me how playing Thomas or Lamb over Cunningham will get us the win? If either gets over 15 possessions I'd be amazed.

JLT, Cunningham took the most aggressive run of the whole team. He needs game time and neither Thomas or Lamb has a future with us.

Reply #130
Please tell me how playing Thomas or Lamb over Cunningham will get us the win? If either gets over 15 possessions I'd be amazed.

JLT, Cunningham took the most aggressive run of the whole team. He needs game time and neither Thomas or Lamb has a future with us.

They dont have much of a future, but team balance is essential and more so in the context of a long season. Those left out will get their chances, and those that perform will get the opportunity to play week in, week out.

Building a strong list is the goal for this and the next season/s. This is just one game of many.

Nevertheless, go blues!

Reply #131
Well feck it, I'll back that side in then. Rnd 1 is a hard one and more than ever, it's really only those in the inner sanctum knowing why player x was picked and player y wasn't. JLT is so Micky Mouse that you cant rely on it as a form guide. There's no form from the 2's like later rounds, its all based on work done during the PS and all the special little things that are done that the general public don't see or know about. For example:
- SPS selection - Not a game played, not a blow struck as far as the public knows. Bang, selected round 1. He must be so special that he may well be an auto selection every week. Has speed, skill and makes good, fast decisions. Things lacking in a lot of our blokes.
- Daisy - Would I have picked him? No. Would many others here have picked him? Mostly not.  But there must be something that they need him to do hence his selection. Plus there is the balance btw youth and experience that must be maintained.
- White -  Turnover and mistake merchant. But he can do roles when required and is quite disciplined at them. He will probably go to Dusty at some stage and try and unsettle him with a bit of old fashioned niggle.
So in the end, I have one thing to say.
Go Blues.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #132
They dont have much of a future, but team balance is essential and more so in the context of a long season. Those left out will get their chances, and those that perform will get the opportunity to play week in, week out.

Building a strong list is the goal for this and the next season/s. This is just one game of many.

Nevertheless, go blues!

Again explain to me how swapping a decrepit player like Thomas for Cunningham upsets the balance. Do we really need to carry two below average players neither of whom made our top 10 B&F when we have a future 200 gamer needing experience. Let him run out in front of 70,000, where they say a playing in front of a big crowd is worth 2 games of experience.

Reply #133

You might not have a match winner with Daisy, but you won't win a game with an unbalanced list and it's as simple as that. Our club obviously thinks it has a better than 50/50 chance to win this one.

This is AFL not TAC Cup, clubs cannot player half a team of kids, Cripps said as much discussing the pre-season games.

If Cuningham or Fisher come in, one of those other four would have to go out.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
Well feck it, I'll back that side in then. Rnd 1 is a hard one and more than ever, it's really only those in the inner sanctum knowing why player x was picked and player y wasn't. JLT is so Micky Mouse that you cant rely on it as a form guide. There's no form from the 2's like later rounds, its all based on work done during the PS and all the special little things that are done that the general public don't see or know about. For example:
- SPS selection - Not a game played, not a blow struck as far as the public knows. Bang, selected round 1. He must be so special that he may well be an auto selection every week. Has speed, skill and makes goog, fast decisions. Things lacking in a lot of our blokes.
- Daisy - Would I have picked him? No. Would many others here have picked him? Mostly not.  But there must be something that they need him to do hence his selection. Plus there is the balance btw youth and experience that must be maintained.
- White -  Turnover and mistake merchant. But he can do roles when required and is quite disciplined at them. He will probably go to Dusty at some stage and try and unsettle him with a bit of old fashioned niggle.
So in the end, I have one thing to say.
Go Blues.

Very sensible appraisal GTC, I share your confidence.
The Force Awakens!