Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood (Read 1754 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood

There is a game on this Friday night.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: AFL Rd 8- Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #1
For the Peter Mac cup.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
I wonder if we'll start favourites again!! Doubt it.

Plenty of articles in today's media about our issues. In a nutshell: defensively ordinary, and dropping the aggot on the heads of H and Charles and expecting them to work miracles... ignoring other leading forwards.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
I wonder if we'll start favourites again!! Doubt it.

Plenty of articles in today's media about our issues. In a nutshell: defensively ordinary, and dropping the aggot on the heads of H and Charles and expecting them to work miracles... ignoring other leading forwards.

Except when we rise the pressure rating to 200, rather than 150/160, then we have no issue. Then we are good defensively and we kick goals in a hurry. A case of switching on more. After the real bake the players got last week watch how much better we are defensively this week.

Nup, we're favourites. $1.77 to $2.05.

Reply #4
Theyve not been travelling well this season, and despite our defensive woes, we have been scoring heavily, and dominating play but have shot ourselves in the foot a lot.  I think we are favourites for good reason, and will start favourites most weeks, unless we start playing like Brisbane where we dont even look like winning.

Geelong never really looked likely to lose on Saturday, but you cant say we were ever out of the game and we lost it more than they won it IMHO.

Im just spewing this one is overlapping Good Friday for the Orthodox Christians.  Expect a lower crowd as a consequence (or they can be heathens like me and skip the good friday service).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
Except when we rise the pressure rating to 200, rather than 150/160, then we have no issue. Then we are good defensively and we kick goals in a hurry. A case of switching on more. After the real bake the players got last week watch how much better we are defensively this week.

Nup, we're favourites. $1.77 to $2.05.

The season thus far indicates we raise this pressure rating in fits and starts - score heavily, or get scored heavily against, depending on this pressure. Our win/loss quarter ration is about 50/50. Again, inconsistency raises its head.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #7
Might be getting some good news on the injury front.....

Adam Cerra (hamstring)
- Availability: test

David Cuningham (calf)

Orazio Fantasia (illness)

Reply #8
Well at least five AFL listed players will front up in the VFL on Saturday,

Sam Durdin, Binns, Cincotta, the other two will be a toss up between Cunners, Owies, Fantasia and Durdin I personally think it will be Owies and Durdin but will see Thursday selection

Cincotta stiff not to be getting a game with players that are a liability at this stage. Never liked favouritism.

Reply #9
Degoey not likely for the Pies and Mitchell also struggling to get up, if we can get some troops back and they lose a few key ones we should have no excuses and Im confident we can knock the Pies over given their form is only fair this season.

Reply #10
Degoey not likely for the Pies and Mitchell also struggling to get up, if we can get some troops back and they lose a few key ones we should have no excuses and Im confident we can knock the Pies over given their form is only fair this season.

Mitchell has been a liability this season.  Losing him would probably help their chances.

I wonder if they’ll bite the bullet and drop Sidebottom 🤔 We’ll probably play him back into form.

Vossy’s response to our profligate play on Saturday suggests that our players will have a hard week.  It won’t be “bring your mouthguards” but there will be some honest feedback and clarification of roles and expectations.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Most media commentators seemed to think that Vossy's response to last week's loss will be the making of this team.

The line in the sand has well and truly been set - Friday night is a great chance to show how far this team has come.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #12
Most media commentators seemed to think that Vossy's response to last week's loss will be the making of this team.

The line in the sand has well and truly been set - Friday night is a great chance to show how far this team has come.

I was expecting us to come over the top of the Cats until we got to the last couple of minutes.  I suspect that some of our players felt the same way and thought that their teammates would get the job done.  I think we'll see a greater effort across the whole team this Friday.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
The season thus far indicates we raise this pressure rating in fits and starts - score heavily, or get scored heavily against, depending on this pressure. Our win/loss quarter ration is about 50/50. Again, inconsistency raises its head.

And that's been the story of the season so far......patchy. Picking up the rating when we have needed to have won us games but caused us to piss two games down the drain too where we lost it more than the other side has win it.

Reply #14
Its good we are not flag favourites but one of the favourites. But this squad needs to start cracking.