Skip to main content
Topic: Bali 9 thoughts (Read 44509 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bali 9 thoughts

Reply #75
Someone wont be a popular boy on this site.

It's all fine by me, I can't wait for them to pull the trigger and end this circus.

I'd also like to see our Govt. withdraw the $500mill in aid they give to Indonesia every year and channel it into our health & social services systems too !!

I totally disagree with them being murdered for doing stupid things when they were young, by a country so riddled in corruption - I read the other week that some big kingpin of a drug syndicate over there was miraculously freed... Just makes no sense, well the $$$$ that was handed over does I suppose.

There's no way the decision will be reversed now, the Indo public would not stand for it.

So while people cheer on the myrder of two reformed Aussies, I'll also be asking that aid be kept in Australia rather than sent to this corrupt nation.

Reply #76
Not just murder, some people live for another 6-7 minutes. What a terrible way to die. Why not just shoot them in the back of the head so it's at least quick and painless. Inhumane bastards.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
The death penalty is barbaric IMO - OK with putting 'em in jail for life and trying  to get something useful out of them as punishment for the harm they've done. If that were done everyone would have forgotten about them by now - as it is they will go down in history as martyrs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #78
Not just murder, some people live for another 6-7 minutes. What a terrible way to die. Why not just shoot them in the back of the head so it's at least quick and painless. Inhumane bastards.

Yep
Even if you believe these folk deserve to die the method of execution is totally out of line for this day and age.

Reports of what it feels like range from being hit in the chest with a baseball bat to a searing, agonising pain.
Obviously the longer between the initial shot and the loss of consciousness the greater the suffering.
So they wait on the ground in agony for the head of the firing squad to deliver the final shot.
No wonder folks soil themselves in the lead up to it.

By allowing them these years to reflect on their crimes and then after all their to efforts to exhibit signs of change to then follow through with these executions at this time strikes me as pretty pointless....contrary to popular opinion the world will not be a better place without them. From all reports they have had a positive influence on a number of folk and it won't make one iota of difference to folk attempting to transport drugs.

If you believe they should be punished, beyond the punishment of life in prison, here's the thing.
If they want to kill them, If they must kill them....put them to sleep and stop their heart.
Any other method belongs to darker age.

Reply #79
Yep
Even if you believe these folk deserve to die the method of execution is totally out of line for this day and age.

I think the method is more about preserving the mental health of the shooters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80

Yep

Reports of what it feels like range from being hit in the chest with a baseball bat to a searing, agonising pain.
Obviously the longer between the initial shot and the loss of consciousness the greater the suffering.
So they wait on the ground in agony for the head of the firing squad to deliver the final shot.
No wonder folks soil themselves in the lead up to it.

By allowing them these years to reflect on their crimes and then after all their to efforts to exhibit signs of change to then follow through with these executions at this time strikes me as pretty pointless....contrary to popular opinion the world will not be a better place without them. From all reports they have had a positive influence on a number of folk and it won't make one iota of difference to folk attempting to transport drugs.

If you believe they should be punished, beyond the punishment of life in prison, here's the thing.
If they want to kill them, If they must kill them....put them to sleep and stop their heart.
Any other method belongs to darker age.

I agree, while I have no sympathy for drug dealers, I would prefer they die by lethal injection rather than a firing squad where there is a high chance of painful suffering before death which isnt right.

Reply #81
my sources tell me that one was truly rehabilitated, the other not so

Reply #82
Before I risk sounding heartless, let me begin with my opening statement. Even though some may see the drug trafficking issues of this world, take lives of many users. Yes its choice to take drugs. Nobody holds a gun to peoples heads. However, some countries have strategies to deal with these issues in their country.

I do not agree that taking a life of a criminal dealing in drugs as being the right thing. Murder and rape sometimes has a lesser consequence. I don't think the two Australians should be shot for their involvement with the illegal drug industry. I believe there are better ways to deal with them in this circumstance.

Midnight Express and Return to paradise , are two movies all Australians should watch. Even children as young as 12 years of age. People need to understand how other countries deal with drug issues. Especially the Asian countries (not being racist here but stating fact based on my knowledge). People need to learn from an early age that there are consequences for your actions. Consequences that no solicitor of any kind can help you with. No money on this planet will change your fate. No government of the world can change their system, or help their people if they get into trouble.

In fact interfering in any case, can actually make things worse. Watch the movie Return to paradise to see an example of trying to use media to help a cause, that actually makes a situation worse. When you question their laws, you insult their government and make things worse for those imprisoned.  Especially the media as they humiliate the government on a global scale. In a way their government uses prisoners in their country imprisoned for drug trafficking as an example to the entire world. This is what happens once you enter their borders and break our laws.

I feel sorry for the two Australians that are about to be executed. I feel even more sorry for their families. Especially the families that have tried to do everything they can with no success.

People, please, please, please, do not enter another country and break their laws. If you do, you must live with the consequences handed out to you. Plain and simple. Otherwise stay home and break the same laws here. Your likely to serve a few years on good behaviour and get out to live the rest of your life. Maybe write a book and make some money too.

Its a very sad situation, but what were they thinking at the time ? I don't agree with the situation, but understand that in the future this will happen all over again. Especially considering they are executing 11 people all together at the same time. That is just unheard of.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #83
Those that agree with the death penalty are seriously misguided fools....

Reply #84
This won't be a popular opinion and I don't necessarily wish death on them because frankly I disagree with killing people for the sake of it, but I am so over hearing about this issue that I can't wait till its done so we can move on.

These guys made a massive gamble/error and lost.  It was only recently prior to these guys being caught that Van Nguyen was sisimilarly dealt with so it's not like these guys didn't know the consequences of their actions if they got caught.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #85
If a drug mule was under threat of violence for an unpaid debt , death penalties are not an immediate concern ....

there are backgrounds and history at play ...its never simple...

Reply #86
And look at the way Indonesia have behaved in the last few days, showing the world how it will be done. Poor, pathetic idiots, clueless imbeciles, it gives an insight into how these people think.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
And look at the way Indonesia have behaved in the last few days, showing the world how it will be done. Poor, pathetic idiots, clueless imbeciles, it gives an insight into how these people think.
Whilst I agree with you on the above, I just hope that potential drug trafficers will look at this "muscle flexing" and think "these prix mean business" and deter them from making the same mistake. I doubt it but one can only hope.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88
If Australia and Indonesia are serious about the war on drugs, they would give the families of the guilty asylum, and those found guilty protection and life in prison in return for evidence against the Mr Bigs!

Killing the nobodies actually removes evidence against the Mr Bigs!

Maybe that says more about some in high office in Indonesia and Australia! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89

Did you see the photos they were taking on the plane to death island? They love all this attention we're giving them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!