Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Fixture (Read 19490 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Fixture

Reply #45
So we're playing a home game whereby 2 other teams have already established home bases......can someone please explain the logic in that??? Do I get a discount on my home game reserved-seat membership, seeing as I have no intention whatsoever of attending that particular game?

What a crap decision by the Club......worked a treat when we last did this against Freo up at the Gabba......FMD......

The Tassie game is an away game.

Round 4

Friday, April 13
Adelaide Crows vs. Collingwood (AO) 7.50pm(EST)
Saturday, April 14
GWS GIANTS vs. Fremantle (CO) 1.45pm(EST)
Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions (MCG) 2.10pm(EST)
Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney Swans (ES) 4.35PM(EST)
North Melbourne vs. Carlton (BA) 7.25PM(EST)
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS (PS) 8.10PM(EST)
Sunday, April 15
Essendon vs. Port Adelaide (ES) 1.10pm(EST)
Hawthorn vs. Melbourne (MCG) 3.20pm(EST)
Geelong Cats vs. St Kilda (GMHBA) 4.40pm(EST)

Reply #46
So we're playing a home game whereby 2 other teams have already established home bases......can someone please explain the logic in that??? Do I get a discount on my home game reserved-seat membership, seeing as I have no intention whatsoever of attending that particular game?

What a crap decision by the Club......worked a treat when we last did this against Freo up at the Gabba......FMD......

I'd agree with you if this was a home game, yes it would be a silly move now that 2 other sides have targeted this extremely neglected market down here.  Mind you I think you might find that North supporters will be outnumbered at their "home" game for this one.  I also agree with you that from now on selling home games interstate (or overseas !!!) is a ridiculous exercise, there are no untapped interstate markets left like the one that existed here in Tas and Hawks & North have got their frigging feet in the door here now unfortunately.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #47
Not wrong at all. You make a profession of it though.

That is one of the lamest retorts I have seen Jim and I have seen your Casboult arguments.
Not to mention the certainty by which you dismissed Richmond's form against Geelong as being Premiership form.
But if you keep going one will fall your way.

You are wrong, it happens in sports all over the world and guess what... it is happening in the AFL too.
You may not like it, but it doesn't mean the clubs or sporting organisations here or around the world listen to you.

Take English Football a FAR bigger sport than AFL and they allow about 3-4,000 seats for the opposition.
What about trying to get a seat to see the Chicago Bulls when Jordan was playing? Surely they should have found a bigger stadium?
Perhaps Atletico Madrid should play their home games at the Bernebau so more people can watch it  ;D ::)

Delusional

Geelong owe Carlton supporter absolutely NOTHING and if the shoe was on the other foot and we had our stadium and it was a significant advantage to play there against Geelong I would want us to make that decision. It is a joke to think they give the slightest damn (or that they should) whether many Carlton fans get to see the game. There will be some ticket available online and the option is there to try and get them or miss out. Simple
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #48
That is one of the lamest retorts I have seen Jim and I have seen your Casboult arguments.
Not to mention the certainty by which you dismissed Richmond's form against Geelong as being Premiership form.
But if you keep going one will fall your way.

You are wrong, it happens in sports all over the world and guess what... it is happening in the AFL too.
You may not like it, but it doesn't mean the clubs or sporting organisations here or around the world listen to you.

Take English Football a FAR bigger sport than AFL and they allow about 3-4,000 seats for the opposition.
What about trying to get a seat to see the Chicago Bulls when Jordan was playing? Surely they should have found a bigger stadium?
Perhaps Atletico Madrid should play their home games at the Bernebau so more people can watch it  ;D ::)

Delusional

Geelong owe Carlton supporter absolutely NOTHING and if the shoe was on the other foot and we had our stadium and it was a significant advantage to play there against Geelong I would want us to make that decision. It is a joke to think they give the slightest damn (or that they should) whether many Carlton fans get to see the game. There will be some ticket available online and the option is there to try and get them or miss out. Simple

You're the professional wrong man. Talk so much crap. I'm close to the point I just pass over what you have to say as I get sick of shaking my head at your posts.

Casboult's proved his worth here. You're just too weak to admit you're wrong. Club thinks he goes ok, you're ego doesn't.

Here, where a capacity is 34,000, you can only fit one side in hence you move the game to a bigger ground. There was a reason why we never played Essendon and Collingwood at Prices park in the end. Cats get 7 home games, that's good enough. Not as if Carlton can play at PP. Collingwood at Victoria Park, Essendon at Windy Hill, so Geelong did get a big advantage by keeping their ground as it is.  Don't care what happens on grounds overseas when you have to travel miles to a ground as an away side. I'm talking what happens here with 10 sides in the one state where supporters can go every week.

Reply #49

Easy tiger... I counted 11 home games.

Reply #50
CheatsFC crying, claim they've been robbed of an MCG "Home Game", I gather that is the season opener they were lobbying for! If the MCG is their "Home Ground" why are they on such a good deal at Etihad?

The fixture looks OK for us. Quite a few 6 day breaks but no 5 day or less like many others.

Jon "Malph" Ralph and others putting the boots into Carlton on social media, claiming we don't deserve the draw we got! Their bias is exposed! Wah, wah, wah!

These nuffies are going to tear their hair out if the AFL start showing us some love, in bashing Carlton the media have had it too easy for too long. They need to start working and thinking harder for their next article! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
Not a bad draw, easier start but a tougher stretch on the run home......

Reply #52
How does the Cheats get to play only one top six team twice.
Who would've thought the AFL was rigged?  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #53
How does the Cheats get to play only one top six team twice.
Who would've thought the AFL was rigged?  :o

Yep, looks like CheatsFC have the easiest draw, who would have thought it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Yep, looks like CheatsFC have the easiest draw, who would have thought it!

High expectations on the EFC and Worsfold...spent big at the trade table, good draw....no excuses, poor season in 2018 and its bye bye Worsfold IMO....

Reply #55
High expectations on the EFC and Worsfold...spent big at the trade table, good draw....no excuses, poor season in 2018 and its bye bye Worsfold IMO....
They are premiership favourites!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #56
You're the professional wrong man. Talk so much crap. I'm close to the point I just pass over what you have to say as I get sick of shaking my head at your posts.

Casboult's proved his worth here. You're just too weak to admit you're wrong. Club thinks he goes ok, you're ego doesn't.

Oh please do Jim, I am sure I won't be losing a lot of sleep.
As for wrong, mate I have been laughing at most things you have been posting for a while now.

As for Casboult, different thread but yeap they pay him like he is a KP forward too and chased hard to keep him ;D
Ah it is too easy

Keep em coming mate it keeps the off season amusing
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #57
No games at MCG after June 30 - That's the last EIGHT rounds...I thought it was our "home ground"??
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #58
Now Michael Gleeson over at The Rage whacking Carlton's draw;

AFL's Fixture Blue: Why Carlton shouldn't be playing to many Friday night games!

Obviously my cynicism is unfounded! ::)

The Rats that have been knawing at our rudder for so many years, are squealing louder than ever as we start to get things back under control!

You can genuinely expect the knives to be sharpened and out for BB in 2018! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
Now Michael Gleeson over at The Rage whacking Carlton's draw;

AFL's Fixture Blue: Why Carlton shouldn't be playing to many Friday night games!

Obviously my cynicism is unfounded! ::)

The Rats that have been knawing at our rudder for so many years, are squealing louder than ever as we start to get things back under control!

You can genuinely expect the knives to be sharpened and out for BB in 2018! ;)

If the AFL has a pre existing hatred and hostility towards CFC, then why give us so many Friday night games (not a sign of hatred IMO) ?

And if this hatred is at the forefront of their minds, why do they need to be reminded of it by journalists ?