Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 59204 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #120
There are too many grey areas in this whole saga to speculate;

- Were they just separated(time-out) or are they divorced.
 - Were they working on reconciliation.
 - Did the deeds start before or after the separation.
 - Had there been previous trysts that lead to the separation.
 - Has Billy always been faithful.
 - Was Lyon open with Billy about the relationship, or was he secretive.
 - Has any of them done this before.

Too many grey areas, at least 50 of them!

clearly he was secretive. Relationship was for quite a while apparently, billy only found out
recently.
My question is, how did GL think this would play out?
"oh billy, there's something i forgot to tell you, hope you;re ok with it"

thats the dog act right there

Reply #121
It's just a pity that this family drama has to play out under the full gaze of a sensation seeking public like a cheap second-rate soap opera with the various drama queens, gossip mongerers and trash peddlers in the media just breaking their grubby little necks trying to get on the band wagon whilst the opportunity for exploitation is still available. Geez, excuse me, I feel a little billious!

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #122
Apparently Billy discussed the issue with his remaining best mates on TFS last night.  That seems an excellent way to spare his ex and their children from further public scrutiny and speculation  :o

I thought they'd very successfully put a lid on it but I guess ratings are ratings  ???

Yep ....that affair was a producers gift from above as far as ratings go and Billy the poor mug got put through the ringer  ..didnt know about the daughter rumour....bet his daughter is thanking
dad and CH9 for that bit of advertising...not....

Reckon if I was Bill I might have waited until the season was under way and there was plenty of footy to take the heat off his issues before giving an interview but I guess his bosses
wanted the ratings while the saga has some air in it...

Wonder if CH9 want Gary and Bill to bury the hatchet over a few beers in TV face off.....more ratings, and a happy ending.......if its true that Bill will forgive him in time then he is a better man than me....
I'd be wanting to hit GL with a few empty bottles rather than share their contents with him....

Reply #123
As much as part of me says there was no need to put them through this, I like the way it was handled as painful as it was to watch. They got it over and done with early and as far as I'm concerned, its over and we move on. Hopefully GL can get himself right. I hope Billy also moves on from this. As they said, they would have "gone after" the story if it didn't involve any of their own, they showed they don't have double standards. The made the best of a very messy and personal situation.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
..didnt know about the daughter rumour....

Heard about this prior to the event.

Allegedly, pictures involving one party sniffing something of another party's chest region.

Reply #125
I can't see a way back for GL on the footy show.

Waste of space anyhow.

Reply #126
In the interests of bringing nomenclature into conformity with reality, Brownless should change his name to Clueless and be done with it.

As for Lyon, as if he needed any more reasons to be despised........

Seriously, who the hell cares about these westie bogans, and their westie bogan shenanigans ?

Reply #127
In the interests of bringing nomenclature into conformity with reality, Brownless should change his name to Clueless and be done with it.

As for Lyon, as if he needed any more reasons to be despised........

Seriously, who the hell cares about these westie bogans, and their westie bogan shenanigans ?
Hey Paul, steady on with the Westie stuff mate...I live west and I'm offended by the Westie references..lol :))

Reply #128
Hey Paul, steady on with the Westie stuff mate...I live west and I'm offended by the Westie references..lol :))

Yes, that was uncalled for. Apologies. Westie is more a value system rather than a specific location.

Soz matey.

Reply #129
On a side note westie is something my wife has introduced me too and to do with a specific part of Heidelberg (West). 

Is that where you got it Paul!?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #130
Always thought "westie" was a Sydney thing.

And Billy and Gary are both country boys.

Reply #131
On a side note westie is something my wife has introduced me too and to do with a specific part of Heidelberg (West). 

I think the term 'westy' or 'westie' originated in NSW and is a stereotypical reference to residents of Greater Western Sydney.  Victoria's 'bogan' is an equivalent but isn't geographically based; bogans can live anywhere  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #132

No, it's just a term that is in the "public domain".

At any rate, it was a dopey choice of word on my part, which I regret.

The point was we all know "stuff happens", but there's some things that really should be kept private, at least IMO.

Reply #133

Westie is definitely used for Heidelberg West types in Northern Victoria. I'm sure its used for types west of melbourne too.
However, Westie i used in Sydney for GWS types.
Westie is even a derogatory term in Perth.

I'm sure every city has their 'westies'. Doubt any of them are good. ;)

Reply #134
I think the term 'westy' or 'westie' originated in NSW and is a stereotypical reference to residents of Greater Western Sydney.  Victoria's 'bogan' is an equivalent but isn't geographically based; bogans can live anywhere  :)

Yep...my wife is a Sydney girl and Westies are anything past Liverpool and having a core around Mt Druiit, Cabramatta.etc....if you want a night out to experience " Westies" at their finest then go
to a place called " Mounties".....some very interesting people frequent that establishment... :-X

re: Heidelberg West...cleaning its act up and for anyone wanting to look at an inner area that will grow in property value then this is a place to buy now while its still semi reasonable in price..