Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 38090 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
re: Murphy...Thought he went ok but had a few turnovers....not our best but not our worst either....their mids ran over us a bit in the end but I thought the effort was there from Murphy.

Reply #46
Young Charlie has been steadily improving with every game this year.
Today, he appeared to put it all together (that's his experience of what, 15 games?). He looked like he had confidence in his skills and knowledge of the set up, and his role in particular. I'd commented that earlier on he appeared lost. Well. Charlie has now found his place. I'm really excited to witness his evolution. I think he's going to be a star. As some posters have dubbed him Curnowfides.... May not be far off the mark, all going well.
Congratulations to Charlie ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
Young Charlie has been steadily improving with every game this year.
Today, he appeared to put it all together (that's his experience of what, 15 games?). He looked like he had confidence in his skills and knowledge of the set up, and his role in particular. I'd commented that earlier on he appeared lost. Well. Charlie has now found his place. I'm really excited to witness his evolution. I think he's going to be a star. As some posters have dubbed him Curnowfides.... May not be far off the mark, all going well.
Congratulations to Charlie ;D

Agree LN...should be close to a rising star award this week, marking was great, just didnt get the reward for his work given our forward is so dysfunctional..

Reply #48
...apart from the first qtr?

Yeah I will suffer though the 1st quarter but not as keen to watch that, but hopefully will see areas Bolton worked on to shore up.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #49
re: Murphy...Thought he went ok but had a few turnovers....not our best but not our worst either....their mids ran over us a bit in the end but I thought the effort was there from Murphy.
Agree with all that, chuck J Kelly in that midfield and we win I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Agree LN...should be close to a rising star award this week, marking was great, just didnt get the reward for his work given our forward is so dysfunctional..

Our forward line Fischer, Curnow, Silvagni. Possibly one of the youngest and inexperienced going.
It didn't function well today (i.e. i50's to scoring shots ratio), but I suspect there's truck loads of improvement to come. Looking forward to those boys in 2yrs. Perhaps supported by H and/or Kerr...
Exciting times.

Go new Blues
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
Jones far more important to our line up than Murphy. On present form and output.

Stats be damned, Murphy was entirely ineffectual and indeed, costly thanks to some shocking turnovers....sad to say, Kerridge gave more today...

Fisher, um, love the endeavour but is some ways, a way off the pace. Again, Graham gave more and he's likely to be chopped come season's end....

Gibbs better in H2 and hopefully showed the Crows his worth to them.

Charlie C was very good aside from some nervous disposal once ball was in hand.

Daisy/ Another meh effort, hoping he will retire gracefully.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
Our forward line Fischer, Curnow, Silvagni. Possibly one of the youngest and inexperienced going.
It didn't function well today (i.e. i50's to scoring shots ratio), but I suspect there's truck loads of improvement to come. Looking forward to those boys in 2yrs. Perhaps supported by H and/or Kerr...
Exciting times.

Go new Blues

not bout the forward line, it's all about the shocking mindless, dumb bombing into F50 by the mids and HBs.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53

Murphy ran his butt off today. His problem, along with Gibbs and Cripps, is that our second tier midfielders are largely ineffective. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Murphy ran his butt off today. His problem, along with Gibbs and Cripps, is that our second tier midfielders are largely ineffective.

Murphy hasn't been hard at it since that incident with the Saints....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55
not bout the forward line, it's all about the shocking mindless, dumb bombing into F50 by the mids and HBs.

Agree we bombed it but also didnt have many players presenting....apart from Charlie Curnow who was great, they covered us well and we were too slow moving the ball.
We also got a bit of our own treatment back from Smith and Laird who did what Docherty and Simpson do to teams in terms of running the ball out from the backline.
Both backlines were on top but they probably had the cleaner entries and we gave them a few easy goals..

Reply #56
Agree we bombed it but also didnt have many players presenting....apart from Charlie Curnow who was great, they covered us well and we were too slow moving the ball.
We also got a bit of our own treatment back from Smith and Laird who did what Docherty and Simpson do to teams in terms of running the ball out from the backline.
Both backlines were on top but they probably had the cleaner entries and we gave them a few easy goals..

because in H1 (Q! especially), our ball movement was stupidly way too slow (and they revved that up after Q1)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57

To clarify the context of my post. It was in following EB's reference to our dysfunctional fwd line. So yes, it was specific to the fwd line. I do agree though we did not use our i50 chances for whatever reasons.

My EDIT
Some reasons for poor usage i50 well articulated by EB.
Henry Ford.

Reply #58
Thought Weitering was very ordinary today too. Is he injured or just bereft of confidence?

Jones was the standout of the backline again. Kudos to that bloke!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59

Thought we ran out of gas....the Crouch boys slaughtered us in the last quarter and had it 20 plus times between them....problem we have is that while our own mids get plenty of ball so do the opposition.
Agree on the 2nd tier mids...Graham got a lot of ball in the back half and Kerridge while good today just doesnt hurt teams when he has the footy....
Credit to Gibbs he was our best player IMO and should be in the AA squad....