Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #90
For mine Levi plays, big blokes like him don’t get any smaller come finals. 

If I remember correctly there were a couple of NB games I think finals or play offs for final spot where he played very very well he might just be a big game player. 

Reply #91
The problem with Kreuzer is the same as it's always been: He is NOT a key forward. Kreuzer plays his best when he is the No.1 ruck. Unfortunately Warnock can't play anywhere else either. So if you play them both in the same side at the moment, 1 is going to have a shocker.

I'd probably mix things up with Kreuzer. His biggest assest as a ruckman is that he becomes another midfielder when the ball hits the deck...so why don't we play him as one? Chuck him on the wing, he'd be impossible to match up on and would give us a great linking player between defence and attack.

Leave Hendo and Casboult up forward and throw Waite down back.

Reply #92
Krezuer's skills aren't good anough to be a mid IMO and his 3 possessions on Saturday show he's no ball magnet.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93
Chuck him on the wing, he'd be impossible to match up on and would give us a great linking player between defence and attack.

Impossible for our opposition or for us?

MK is good at creating pressure once he's finished his rucking. I'm not sure I ever really remember him being like another mid but it's been a long time since he's been at his best.

Reply #94
Warnock has to play otherwise Maric will dominate the ruck.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #95
Kreuzer is no doubt best used as first ruck, resting forward, and he and Warnock should compete for that spot each week (even if Warnock struggles forward), i.e. we only ever play one of them at a time.

If we can snare a another Fwd for 2014 who can chop out in the ruck or someone like Casboult steps up a bit, then that's what I think might happen. Would not be surprised to see us recruit a junior ruckman either, enabling, say, Warnock to be traded out in a couple of years.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
It's more his speed and agility that would be exposed.  It's the Holy Grail to have a ruckman who can actually ruck but can run like a mid.  Kreuzer was the guy who was closest to the pin for a while, but now Nic Nat has taken that honour.  He really does have the Kouta-like ability to grab the ball like a big kid playing with little kids and sprint away from the pack. 

Kreuzer is really only able to demonstrate those qualities when his direct opponent is an old-style big ruckman whose strength is his tap work and his ability to drop back into the hole in defence.  He has a great tank and can therefore lose his opponent when he runs forward and this can leave him free to mark or gather loose balls in F50.  Put him against Nic Nat or Patty Ryder and he's the one who finds it difficult to keep up.  Play him in the midfield opposed to Pendlebury or Swan and there's no contest concerning who'll do more damage in the midfield.  Does anyone think that Kreuzer would be better than Simmo on a wing? 

And when he plays as 1 of 2 KPFs, he attracts a quality key defender on him when he's 1 of 2 tall KPFs, those key defenders have good closing speed and usually have better agility than Kreuzer.  Against a disciplined key defender, he can't maintain separation on the lead or find free space.

He's still young and will be good for us, but the early fantasy that he would reinvent rucking has faded.

Reply #97

If I remember correctly there were a couple of NB games I think finals or play offs for final spot where he played very very well he might just be a big game player.

Casboult must play.

He is better than Rowe for marking, splitting packs and hitting bodies - which is essential for the Halter Skelter of a final

His kicking is a real problem but is off set by the above.

Reply #98
Judd says he's ready for finals, the Age, 2/9.

Blues defender Zach Tuohy admitted playing Judd under an injury cloud would be a risk, but was confident the dual Brownlow medallist would make the right call for the team.

''He's been running, but I think it's just going to come down to whether or not he feels like he can train this week, and it's a decision that is going to be have between him and the medicos,'' Tuohy said on Channel Nine on Sunday.

Key midfielder Brock McLean, one of the match winners for the Blues in their 10-point victory over the Tigers in round 21, is also due back from a quadriceps injury.
The article also suggests there are injury clouds over Newman, Riewoldt and White, but all are likely to play. 

Reply #99

Casboult must play.

He is better than Rowe for marking, splitting packs and hitting bodies - which is essential for the Halter Skelter of a final

His kicking is a real problem but is off set by the above.

Maybe 2E should always be lurking when Casboult lines up to kick, ready for the hand off?  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #100
Can someone send that bag of dicks down to Ticketek? Took 45 mins this morning, they were throwing standing room tickets at me, but I got there in the end.

Very stressful.

Reply #101
Can someone send that bag of dicks down to Ticketek? Took 45 mins this morning, they were throwing standing room tickets at me, but I got there in the end.

Very stressful.

I was pretty lucky Level 2 on the wing and got on straight away but a friend sitting next to me kept getting bumped off. 

Reply #102
I've always believed in not playing half fit players. I wouldn't be playing Judd unless he is 100%.
However, if the Tiges want to play a few cripples, let them! if they have brains they won't take the risk.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #103
That's a ridiculous post. He might not have the best skills but Casboult goes the hardest of any of our big men.

As long as he isn't hearing footsteps! Levi loves jumping over packs but turns timid once he has the front spot, he runs under the ball way too much for a bloke his size! In this respect Rowe has far more presence, but Rowe has been horribly out of form and is not timing his marking attempts very well at all. Not that that is anything new for our big blokes, we got a total of 6 marks from Warnock, Kreuzer and Casboult and three of them were marks taken out on the wings virtually uncontested!

Also if you watch the replay you see another Casboult trait that is a problem, and this is what I refer to when making my Jane statement. Meat got shoved off the ball multiple times by blokes 20cm shorter and 15kg~20kg lighter, that should never ever happen to someone his size unless he has already lost his balance! He should be clearing packs Bell style, not watching or roving like Garlett!

In my opinion there is only one place on the ground to play Meat, and that is starting on the goal line and jumping at everything that comes within 30m of goal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
I reckon Warnock might have hurt himself late in the game when he tried to crash a pack on the wing.

Brought the ball to ground, but gee he looked proppy getting up.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson