Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats (Read 14508 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: 2019 AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

Reply #120
Like I said I think it's the wrong decision, but there may be no other way.

Having said that you can't blame BB for guys like Fasolo, Marchbank, Kennedy and Lang, etc., etc., playing the way they play now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #121
Pretty sure there is. That rolling contract thing did include a payout clause.

I thought he was a member of staff when we brought him onboard? So no pay out. I should check, but cannot be bothered tbh.  :(
Keep the Faith

Reply #122
Also with the greatest of respect, yes I can. Very well.

Can you?

I said I don’t won’t barker taking over. I didn’t say for the year as it wasn’t what you suggested. I don’t want him for a week, a day or a training session. When Bolton departs Barker goes too. I could almost even accept dropping Barker first and seeing if it makes a difference before  moving Bolton on. Our midfield is a disgrace and he is a responsible.

And that’s fair enough but I was referring to one week and nowhere did your answer suggest what you have suggested in the above post. Had you said what you are saying now, I wouldn’t have criticised your comment.

Reply #123
I thought he was a member of staff when we brought him onboard? So no pay out. I should check, but cannot be bothered tbh.  :(
4 weeks pay and call him a Cab first thing tomorrow >:D

Reply #124
They WILL NOT sack BB until we loose the next3 games....I had an interesting conversation with a former premiership player who is of the opinion that why we have SOS as head of recruiting we will be crapE..

He also questioned our development or lack of, and assistant coaches.

Totally agreed with all he said...

Reply #125

He was.

However through continuous speculation, someone from the club (Trigg? Liddle? MLG?) came out and said he has security of a payout so no need to extend his contract etc.

Speculation about Boltons contract since then has never been talked about again.

Reply #126
Like I said I think it's the wrong decision, but there may be no other way.

Having said that you can't blame BB for guys like Fasolo, Marchbank, Kennedy and Lang, etc., etc., playing the way they play now!

Understand your point, but he is responsible for structure and for getting the best out of our players and he would have the biggest say in choosing the side each week - Lang and fazzy are his call.

Reply #127
And that’s fair enough but I was referring to one week and nowhere did your answer suggest what you have suggested in the above post. Had you said what you are saying now, I wouldn’t have criticised your comment.
So if you suggest him taking over for one week and I say I don’t want him taking over, why jump to conclusions and attack other posters for their reading skills? It’s unnecessry.

Reply #128
This has been coming for a long time, shuffled players out, what we have bought in has been ugly, players seemed lost, & disinterested, lack of game plan, cant see any other way but replace the coach. Not the best option, but with so much of the season still to go we might be able to salvage something

Reply #129
Get rid of Bolton tomorrow, players are lost and to have him for the rest of the year will just hurt the on-field culture badly.

What on-field culture - There is none.

Cripps was beaten today by a 2nd gamer.

Need another cull at seasons end. Waiting for the long list of overrated kids to turn into decent footballers won’t work.

Reply #130
Heartless disgrace.
Amen
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #131
Don’t play Fasolo ever again

Fasolo has very little talent , does not have adequate speed and is close to dwarf size.  Gibbons only has slightly better speed and a slight bit more ability.  That adds up to 2 forward  positions that are always going to lose.  And therefore so will the team.

Reply #132
I'm watching this on TV, butas I see it thus is a poor work rate and lack of professionalism and concentration from so many players. Forwards standing still, a lack of talk between players and most of all just poor kicking time after time after time.

I have already turned off, just cannot be bothered watching it any further. This is players that simply will not work on their skills, continually make poor decisions which then affects the confidence of the group. You blame the coaching staff all you like, but the players must take ownership for this, why have they not improved? Time and time again it was just lazy poor football, perhaps incentive based contracts are needed, players they don't pressure don't play. You earn a lower amount, and if players want to leave because of that we do not want them anyway.

Reply #133
They WILL NOT sack BB until we loose the next3 games....I had an interesting conversation with a former premiership player who is of the opinion that why we have SOS as head of recruiting we will be crapE..

He also questioned our development or lack of, and assistant coaches.

Totally agreed with all he said...
Would love to know more about this ?PM

Reply #134
I must say that my opinion of SOS,s recruiting is diminishing every game.