Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117637 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #75
Well from where I sat, Wood was from from being the problem. Murphy, Henderson, 2E, Simpson, Curnow, Rowe, Jamison, Yarran, Everitt on the other hand.

Fair enough.
I agree we had our fair share of poor players and Wood wasn't even the worst of them, but I thought Maric pantsed him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #76
Because Boekhorst didnt do enough to warrant a game either and looks too light for senior footy and Smith was probably seen as being more ready..

Both those guys ahead of Graham and Buckley?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #77
Mick has more to worry about than Daisy......needs a win next week to stop the rattling of the knives that are heading his way...

West Coast at Subi... Hello 0-4 again.

Least I am in a box.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #78
He was terrible.

Surely Mick has better than that for a young bloke playing his first game for the club. That was the trademark of your mate from a decade ago.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
Mick said in his presser that Levi was left out because of form. He needs to find some form to get a game. If Levi doesn't play, so that a t a minimum can help Wood in the ruck we will lose our first 4 or 5 games without a doubt. We have no fire power up forward with the players efforts in the second half of footy tonight.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #80
Both those guys ahead of Graham and Buckley?

Graham is too slow when you play Cripps, Bell, Curnow etc as well and Buckley is another flyweight like Boekhorst........normally a mature ager is recruited to play first up but with Boakhorst only 75kg he is almost like a U18 kid..compare him to McIntosh who just smashed through our blokes and even won footy off Judd because of his size...
They also got good value from Taylor Hunt who isnt much talent wise but does have a seasoned body.....we never seem to get the right players who can tick every box.

Reply #81
Graham is too slow when you play Cripps, Bell, Curnow etc as well and Buckley is another flyweight like Boekhorst........normally a mature ager is recruited to play first up but with Boakhorst only 75kg he is almost like a U18 kid..compare him to McIntosh who just smashed through our blokes and even won footy off Judd because of his size...
They also got good value from Taylor Hunt who isnt much talent wise but does have a seasoned body.....we never seem to get the right players who can tick every box.

McIntosh weighs 90kg. No wonder he couldn't be stopped. I would get Buckley in, Armfield and find a way to get Garlett back. We have no speed with the side that played tonight.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #83
Were you surprised, he gave away a gazillion free kicks.

Yep - I counted 4 against Jaksch, looks way too light to be playing the positions they want him to play. Nice goal in the 2nd and that was all, terrible for the rest.

Docherty & White CLEARLY our best, yeah Judd had a crack & gave us some drive, but there were 2 glaring occasions where for me there were worrying signs that father time is catching up him quicker than he'd hoped.

Don't know how I'm gonna live through what is fast shaping up as a deadset stinking season.

Based on tonight's performance, Hendo doesn't wanna be talking contract as yet & I wouldn't be offering him one anytime soon.

Murphy is officially Taylor Hunt's biatch & the less said about Bryce's game the better.......wow, head-shaking stuff.

I see no positives coming from this game at all....none, it was an unmitigated disaster in every respect.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #84
McIntosh weighs 90kg. No wonder he couldn't be stopped. I would get Buckley in, Armfield and find a way to get Garlett back. We have no speed with the side that played tonight.

Yep 192cm at 90kg is fair size for a winger and he isnt slow either, his disposal isnt great but he looked huge out there vs our little bodies..

Army is honest but he wont progress our club any further......

Reply #85
Yep 192cm at 90kg is fair size for a winger and he isnt slow either, his disposal isnt great but he looked huge out there vs our little bodies..

Army is honest but he wont progress our club any further......

armfield will be Part of the next clean out of players

Reply #86
I knew we had a long way to go to even be a top 8 side let alone a contender, I just didn't think we were that far behind the 8 ball. Extremely dissapointing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87
Just where is this club going?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #88
armfield will be Part of the next clean out of players

Tend to agree - he is an honest battler but not the future if we want success. He's got some mates too still on our list.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
Imagine if Judd hadn't changed his mind on retiring...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006