Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - In game thread - Round 12 (Read 40911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - In game thread - Round 12

Reply #75
Their mids like Horlin Smith and Guthrie have run through packs without tackles being laid.  The umpiring has been dreadful and you feel like it's effected the players because they certainly fell away in the last ten minutes. 

Rowe not good enough.  Daisy may not come back on the ground.  Jamo may be stuffed and our skills simply aren't good enough.  We can't hit targets and we drop critical marks.

Anyway, interesting to see how they come out.  Could be ugly. 

Also any time we have a 'bright start' we never maintain it.  We always have to work incredibly hard to keep a lead.  It's something that MM has failed to fix.

Reply #76
Bloody he'll Hawkins is a monster. Must make the change, Rowe has no idea what to do.

Little awareness too with that clearance.

not rowe's fault our mids are getting slaughtered at the stoppages....

Too many passengers - Hendo, Robbo, Waite, even Docherty invisible tonight.

I had hope for this game after the first quarter. That quickly died in the second. We will lose by more than 10 goals.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #77
We don't have anyone strong enough to handle Hawkins body on body, this is why Waite should go to him as his agility will get him to spoils without strength contests (which Hawkins will win).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #78
Havnt read a post yet but would any body else consider putting Casboult on Hawkins???
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #79
Havnt read a post yet but would any body else consider putting Casboult on Hawkins???

Yes and try Rowe forward. Why not ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #80

I wouldn't - not mobile enough and not smart enough.

And yes - it's an eternally recurring topic, but the umpires..........................

Reply #81

Tanking already?

The only luck we'd have with Casboult on Hawkins is creating a similarly sized shadow....because he'd be following Hawkins around without getting near him. Hawkins is too quick.

Reply #82
It makes a difference when your key forwards can kick.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #83

Don't agree.  Caz is finding some form, playing on Rowe will destroy him.  Hendo for me.  I know he doesn't have the strength but he does have the defensive nous.

Reply #84
Once upon a time full forwards kicked big bags because they had good delivery and only had to beat the guy they were on.

Tonight was a return to the 80's

I don't think Rowe is playing that bad, but Hawkins has been given half his goals gift wrapped an delivered by a big titted blonde in bikini.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #85

I wouldn't - not mobile enough and not smart enough.

I think he's plenty smart enough and just as mobile as Hawkins.
He may still be out maneuvered but not to the extent of poor ol Rowe.

Reply #86
The Pussy Cats are not in good form, in fact, most top 6 sides would be well up against them at this stage.

We may be running them back into form.

They're there for the pickin' but whether we can take advantage of that or not is the big question.

We could still get this one.

Reply #87
But I also agree that our mids need to work harder.  Hawkins is getting some sweet delivery.

Reply #88
Once upon a time full forwards kicked big bags because they had good delivery and only had to beat the guy they were on.

Tonight was a return to the 80's

I don't think Rowe is playing that bad, but Hawkins has been given half his goals gift wrapped an delivered by a big titted blonde in bikini.

Just texted my mate the same thing. Getting silver service.
If only our mids could deliver to our fws like that.

Reply #89

Don't agree.  Caz is finding some form, playing on Rowe will destroy him.  Hendo for me.  I know he doesn't have the strength but he does have the defensive nous.

Although I would favour Waite onto Hawkins, reckon Hendo is the next best bet... it would also get him into the game.