Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72341 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #47
time for the club to make a statement:

1. drop murphy and gibbs -

2. Drop Jamison -

3. install Simpson Captain

4. Play some  kids including Buckley and Cripps

Reply #48
Whiley may not be 100 % yet, but after 2 good games at VFL level, he is a good chance.
Walker I would prefer to see having another run, but 29 possessions shows he wants to play seniors.
Buckley can't be too far away, but his form is Borderline. This week he was good, but he also seemed to run out of influence after half time.
Armfield is a certainty with his 4 goals and lots of ball. He may not be the long term answer, but we are after a solution for next week. It is good because we need his pace.

The other youngsters are not ready yet. Boekhorst was adequate, but isn't the answer yet. He needs 3 or 4 really good games to prove he is ready. His poor showing in the preseason would suggest we should not throw him in the deep end yet.
Smith has had 2 games. He can be put back now. He can get some form and confidence in the VFL and them get another go at senior footy.
Walsh isn't ready yet.
Byrne is not far away either. He has a lot of improvement in him yet, but he has shown some poise and looks to be not far off the pace.
If he were it, Sheehan would already be playing. He did enough last year to show he is a future option.
Holman doesn't look ready yet.
Graham needs to take his game to the next level. he is good enough at VFL level, but too stop start at AFL. He really needs to develop his run before he gets another promotion.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #49
According to a report in today's paper Watson was well beaten by a 17 year old so it looks like Jones is safe.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #50
According to a report in today's paper Watson was well beaten by a 17 year old so it looks like Jones is safe.

Watson always plays crap for the NBs. For some reason he plays alot better when playing in the seniors.  Why, i don't know but I do tend to ignore his NBs form to an extent.

Reply #51

Not sure the footy dept will drop Jones and admit defeat after just 2 games, they will cite poor delivery and being hammered around the stoppages as reason for
Jones not getting a kick...
I would go with Watson as I reckon he is one of those players who does better in the seniors and at least can convert...apart from not getting the footy much Jones has proved to be unreliable
when kicking for goal and if you add him to Casboult its too mnay unreliable goalkickers..

Reply #52
Currently sitting here watching the Dawks and bummers and although the Dawks seem to be off with their skills today the other mob are playing very well. On current form they could field half their side and comfortably cover us.
White, Smith and Ellard out for us and don't care who comes in as long as they have good leg speed cause we're going to need it.

Reply #53
Watson always plays crap for the NBs. For some reason he plays alot better when playing in the seniors.  Why, i don't know but I do tend to ignore his NBs form to an extent.

Maybe so, but we can't really start giving senior games to players who aren't getting a kick in the seconds.
Apparently Whiley was pretty good and Walks had plenty of it so they might be two starters.
I think Clem Smith needs some VFL time to build his confidence,  but he looks a likely type.
White will miss so we'll probably replace him with a taller bloke,  so Watson might get a game by default.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #54
 Well! ::)
They're going to be so full of themselves they won't see us coming.

Reply #55
I'm just about at my wits end and its rd2. Seeing Ess win like that is like a nail to the heart.
Eat more chooks

Reply #56
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Saturday.

Not sure what will be more painful, that or watching us play the bombers.  :o :-X :'(

Reply #57

Not sure what will be more painful, that or watching us play the bombers.  :o :-X :'(
Get it done in Thailand Kruds , been a few times better service & have a holiday as well

Reply #58

That's just damn good timing IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59

Ask for the Bombers "cocktail" for pain relief and you won't remember a thing :-)
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset