Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45541 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #135
Whatever folk think of thomas and his contract, he is an experienced player who is fit, knows how to find the ball, makes good decisions and works hard. He is a no brainer to come into the side after the suspension.

Sorry but there is no point making good decisions if you can't execute them. Obviously you mustn't have watched his last game in the NAB Cup if you think he is a no brainer to come in. Maybe give him a go because he's on so much money and has shown he can play (albeit many moons back) but to say it's a no brainer?? Pffft.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #136
Oh dear, I just heard that both Cripps and Murphy will miss fork me.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #137
Oh dear, I just heard that both Cripps and Murphy will miss fork me.
Did you see it on Facebook page?  I did but as it was shared just after midnight and being April 1 I thought it was a fools joke.

Well bloody hoping it was!

Reply #138
Did you see it on Facebook page?  I did but as it was shared just after midnight and being April 1 I thought it was a fools joke.

Well bloody hoping it was!

Can't see it anywhere so I'm hoping it is all BS.  ???
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #139
Sorry was on Twitter. 'CFC for life'

Doesn't mention was and was tweeted at 12.36am

Aprils fools joke for sure I reckon

Reply #140
Yes it was Carlton For Life on FB shawny. Fingers crossed it's wrong, was going to take my son on Sunday, won't be the case if we're going to be destroyed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
Murphy wouldn't be a shock as he got a knock on his shoulder against the tigers.

Not sure i will go either if they are both out!

Reply #142
Murphy wouldn't be a shock as he got a knock on his shoulder against the tigers.

Not sure i will go either if they are both out!

Well considering he sms me yesterday telling to come to the game I will sms him back calling him a liar if his out  ;)

It's a bullsh1t. They are both playing or would have been on social media by now

Reply #143
Well considering he sms me yesterday telling to come to the game I will sms him back calling him a liar if his out  ;)

It's a bullsh1t. They are both playing or would have been on social media by now

Final teams announced tonight Shawny, all will be revealed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145
Carlton

B: Sam Docherty, Michael Jamison, Simon White.
HB: Dale Thomas, Jacob Weitering, Zach Tuohy.
C: Nick Graham, Marc Murphy, Kade Simpson.
HF: Blaine Boekhorst, Levi Casboult, Sam Kerridge.
F: Andrew Walker, Andrejs Everitt, Ed Curnow.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Bryce Gibbs.
Int:  Dylan Buckley, Ciaran Byrne,  Charlie Curnow, Andrew Phillips, Sam Rowe, Matthew Wright, Jed Lamb (Three to be omitted)

In: Dale Thomas, Ciaran Byrne, Charlie Curnow.

New: Charlie Curnow

Milestones:
  Sam Docherty  - Playing 50th game,
  Jacob Weitering  - Played 1st game,
  Zach Tuohy  - Playing 100th game,
  Ciaran Byrne  - Played 1st game

From the way the team was named, it looks like Buckley is out and Thomas is certainly in.
Rowe, Wright and Phillips are also very likely starters, so Charlie Curnow and Casey Byrne look like missing out.
However, that is 100 % conjecture.

Sydney Swans

B: Zak Jones, Ted Richards, Nick Smith.
HB: Dane Rampe, Heath Grundy, Jeremy Laidler.
C: Jake Lloyd, Josh P. Kennedy, Dan Hannebery.
HF: Callum Mills, Lance Franklin, Luke Parker.
F: Harry Cunningham, Kurt Tippett, Isaac Heeney.
Foll: Callum Sinclair, Kieren Jack, Tom Mitchell.
Int: Tom Derickx, George Hewett, Brandon Jack, Tom Papley, Daniel Robinson, James Rose, Dean Towers (Three to be omitted)

In: Ted Richards, Tom Derickx, Brandon Jack, James Rose.

Out: Michael Talia (Foot)

Very hard to change a Swans outfit that was good in so many areas last week. Richards had to come in for Talia, but the other 3 are making up the numbers.

Our defence looks like it has more taller players than the Sydney forward line has. I'd very much like to play Byrne.

Actually think Rowe might miss. We already have Jamison, Weitering and White in defence. A 4th tall is a little overkill. C.Curnow might get a run and go forward. Reckon Byrne will come in.

Reply #147
Actually think Rowe might miss. We already have Jamison, Weitering and White in defence. A 4th tall is a little overkill. C.Curnow might get a run and go forward. Reckon Byrne will come in.

When I saw the team sheet Jim, my first thought too was that Rowe could well miss out. We might be going for more run?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #148
When the likes of Plowman, Byrne and Jesse GM come on, Rowe, Jamo and White will become obsolete in the backline

Reply #149

I'd be surprised if Rowe misses out.  White is in an between defender rather than a tall defender and a Sydney tall would have a picnic if they only had White to contend with.  Rowe had a pretty good NAB game against Sydney and he's been our most effective spoiler since Jamison's shoulder problems.

White and Buckley seem most likely to miss out but it's hard to predict what the new MC will do.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball