Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 55280 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #75
Actually, regarding Jones, they were the very things he did so well in the VFL last well. Led and used his body very well. Much different in the seniors admittedly but when the delivery is so poor it doesn't give one alot of hope. What it did do was allow Casboult to play up the ground, take a number of marks and get 16 touches, 6 more than Kreuzer and Phillips put together, and be some sort of influence. Good argument for Casboult being 2nd ruck.

We had a win, we won't get many and we know our shortcomings. I suggest you actually enjoy it when it happens.

x2....Said the same before that Casboult gave us more up the ground and was even presenting on the wing taking marks, and being brutal Jones is a better kick for goal than Levi and
we looked better with Jones taking the traffic with him to the pocket leaving players like Lamb, Thomas filling the hole in front of goal...
I am enjoying the win and rejoicing in the positives.....only negative was Ballantyne wasnt stretchered off the ground..

Reply #76

x2....Said the same before that Casboult gave us more up the ground and was even presenting on the wing taking marks, and being brutal Jones is a better kick for goal than Levi and
we looked better with Jones taking the traffic with him to the pocket leaving players like Lamb, Thomas filling the hole in front of goal...
I am enjoying the win and rejoicing in the positives.....only negative was Ballantyne wasnt stretchered off the ground..

But he did cop a bit of punishment EB  :) 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #77
Just home from the game.

Terrific win. Yes ugly footy but it was high pressure all day.
It was like the tropics there today, ball was like a cake of soap late in the game.

We out worked them and the mistakes came from pressure. It was not the footy we've seen all season from other teams and that's because we chose to make it a battle.

The guys that went out today can be justifiably proud G the effort they put in.

My god how different was this team live than what we have been dishing up.

Bolton is the Man
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #78
But he did cop a bit of punishment EB  :)

Not enough for me DJ ;)...he likes to give lip and push/shove/bump players when they make mistakes or lose a contest even though its not his man or he was near the play
...I know why Matty Scarlett decked him, he just couldnt cop it anymore....it would have felt good.. >:D

Reply #79
I didn't think the ABC radio commentators were all that bad rbh.

Is Jon Doritich one of the commentators?

Reply #80
Doro has been, but I have no idea who was commentating today.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #81
My god how different was this team live than what we have been dishing up.

Bolton is the Man

I was in a crap position but,

I didn't see one contest shirked, one tackle half hearted and quite often we had guys splitting contests when they were out numbered.

What did you make of our game plan?. It was very much boundary line, particularly after half time. Certainly seemed deliberate as we ignored inside targets all day.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #82
I was in a crap position but,

I didn't see one contest shirked, one tackle half hearted and quite often we had guys splitting contests when they were out numbered.

What did you make of our game plan?. It was very much boundary line, particularly after half time. Certainly seemed deliberate as we ignored inside targets all day.

Yeah it was very much boundary.  There was also very little switching compared to previous weeks. But if it was deliberate Byrne didn't get the message, he was constantly playing down the guts.

Reply #83
Is Jon Doritich one of the commentators?

Yes, Doro, as they like to call him, was certainly commentating today.

Reply #84
Sumner really impressed me.  His trapping of the ball in the last that led to Murphs goal was one of the more skilful acts in the whole game.

Yes, important observation.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #85
Has anyone watched Lyon's presser ? Am I the only one who thinks it's a drunken, incoherent, meandering thing ?

Reply #86
I see what is happening to Freo as a repeat of what happened to Collingwood and Carlton under Malthouse. A coach with one good game plan that has become obsolete.

Lyon has drilled it into his players to the point they are no longer able to adjust to a change in the tactics. They revert to the old ways as soon as they are under pressure, the game is passing them by, they need a new trick!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
We've leapt up the ladder. Gone from pick 1 to pick 4...lol.

Essendon will get a first round compo, so make that pick 5.

Reply #88
For what reason, being freaking cheats?.  If anybody is going to get a PP it should be us.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?