Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 36473 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Post Game _______: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #45
I was thinking the same thing and was going to write as much in the match thread.
There was one period of play (probably third quarter) where he was in a contest twice in a couple of minutes and the ball came to ground and he just stopped while his Port opponent went after the ball.

It's not that he's timid and afraid of the contest...that's actually one of his strengths
It's not that he's slow in the chase.
I don't think it's a case of "picking and choosing" when to go either
It's just a momentary hesitation at times where he seems to lose focus.

Having said that he seems to be getting better and more involved each week....and I'm really pleased for him after the criticism he's copped.
He's earned himself a few more games ;)

We've won all our games this year since Jones has come in. Jones is our hero...lol.

Reply #46
Amazing win by the boys! Wrapt for Kreuz, really been struggling but put in a blinder and hopefully more to come. Gibbs has been unreal the last few weeks an unbelievable turn around to be honest.

Docherty is immense every week. The man love for him is through the roof, could be AA half back/back pocket but some f0rkwit like Luke Darcy will put in Caleb Daniel or some sh1te. Jones been very good in my opinion for what he is, Jamo however all over red rover.

Reply #47
WIN! WIN! WIN!

Just got home and still feeling absolutely stoked!

The atmosphere today at the ground took me back to our glory days - absolutely electric.  :)

Sheer G & D effort by the boys - very very proud of them and great for Simmo and Jamo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Great to see Bolton make a bee line for Simpson at the end. This club has turned quite a corner. Brilliant team effort today. Best win in years.

Saw that. He sprinted right across the field to congratulate him. I said to the kids in the car on the way home, THIS is the Carlton I remember!

Reply #49
Docherty and Gibbs must be in AA contention almost half way to the year

Reply #50
We've won all our games this year since Jones has come in. Jones is our hero...lol.
Jones and Murphy's head gear.

Reply #51
Don't underestimate the physical work that the 'much criticized' Liam Jones did today. Crashed every contest and opened it up on the ground.

He did ok, I think saying he crashed every contest is over doing it a little. He needs to find consistency in every contest, finds himself where the ball ain't too easily but doing enough to keep his spot. Definitely a win for the new coaching regime

Reply #52
Absolutely elated. The atmosphere i those last 2 minutes was electric. People were going off. It's was quite surreal and I loved it.
Team was fantastic. I thought each time someone down (Bolt, Kreuz, Crippa, Plowman) we couldn't win it but they never gave up. Our transition football when we managed to break was the best I've seen and this was clearly our best game skills wise for the year.
No weak links apart from Jammo. I really feel for this guy but his time is up. I am one of the Sam Rowe critics but if he continues to play like he did today he will maintain his spot.
Just brilliant today was Kreuzer. He is the barometer IMO

Reply #53
For the third week in a row, circumstances did not permit me to see a kick, so I left it to my son to inform me about the game.

Could it be that Rowe, whom I have always believed to be a spud, may be able to step up and fill the gap created by Levi's injury. We shall see.
He said that as much as it pains him to say so, but Jammo is completely gone and should retire gracefully having played 150 games.

I intend to watch the replay, but even without seeing a kick for three weeks, I believe that I can state without any equivocation that we have finally got a man at the helm who actually knows how to coach the game the way it is played today, and that the club have ensured that his assistants are of a caliber that have the ability to make us great again.

Reply #54
Interesting stat for the day - Casboult didn't have the lowest SuperCoach score:
Casboult: 2
O'Shea: 1

Reply #55
Probably one of the best "g & d" wins in recent times... typically every time we get an injury to a key player we fold.  We had blokes going off injured, comming back on... blokes playing out of position, having to play on larger opponents.  Pure heart on display today.

Crowd, players and coach went beserk at the end. Magnificent stuff...

Reply #56
Interesting stat for the day - Casboult didn't have the lowest SuperCoach score:
Casboult: 2
O'Shea: 1
Greatest stat in the history of football.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #57
Docherty and Gibbs must be in AA contention almost half way to the year

I've now decided that Gibbs can wear his hair in pigtails for all I care, if he keeps playing the way he is!!

Reply #58
Absolutely elated. The atmosphere i those last 2 minutes was electric. People were going off. It's was quite surreal and I loved it.
Team was fantastic. I thought each time someone down (Bolt, Kreuz, Crippa, Plowman) we couldn't win it but they never gave up. Our transition football when we managed to break was the best I've seen and this was clearly our best game skills wise for the year.
No weak links apart from Jammo. I really feel for this guy but his time is up. I am one of the Sam Rowe critics but if he continues to play like he did today he will maintain his spot.
Just brilliant today was Kreuzer. He is the barometer IMO

Jamo is shot and Walker is another servant of the club who needs to retire with him...got some good spoils in late in the game when he went back but I thought he looked
off the pace of the game, lacks depth in his kicking and doesnt have the initial speed he once had to beat players on the lead...

Reply #59
I loved seeing the emotion from Simmo. This game meant so much. Even Gibbs looked a bit red-eyed when speaking to Mooney after the game.
After jumping around my lounge room I litterally sat on my couch and wept a little bit haha. That was just amazing.
Up until 2013 I hadn't had a number on my Guernsey since number 43 when I was ten. The night before we played Richmond in the final I ironed on the number 6. Absolutely love Simmo. Heart and soul blue bagger!!
x2. I gave up in the game thread, thought we did our dash and was gutted for Simmo. But they fought and gutsed out a win for him. Cannot describe how proud I am those boys.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time