Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92934 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #300

Gibba never had Goddard, he played his usual run with role on Jobe. Duigan had Goddard for the entire game, even followed him to the bench.
Gibbs played on Goddard for some time.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of our no.1 pick  having to play "run with" roles. What about the part where others do "run with" roles on our no.1 pick. We might get better footy out of him then . 

It's what we've made him unfortunately Jimbo. He hasn't developed his game as a midfielder therefore he hasn't become one. Ratts is to blame for this IMO but perhaps there are certain flaws in Bryce's game that we can't pick up that the coaches do. It certainly didn't take Malthouse long to play him in the same defensive roles as Ratts had previously done. Weird thing is he looks so dangerous and damaging when he gets the ball forward of the middle.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #301
When I read this forum I cannot help but think a lot of people comment based on Stats.

And I read today that analysis centers like Final Siren, Dream Team and others have the likes of Warnock, Yarran and Bell rated highly. While they were heavily involved in play the effectiveness and efficiency of their possessions leaves me dead cold.

So here is my top five things to get yourself some ratings;
 - Tap the ball directly to an opponent.
 - Kick the ball to hopelessly outnumbered team mates.
 - Get pinned trying to break tackles.
 - Run around the contest as much as possible.
 - Play for soft free kicks.

And if they were our highest rated players, where does that leave the rest???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #302
Gibbs is a natural midfielder. We just choose to play him as a half back or run with. Was a lot of hype at start of year that mm would let him become the offensive midfielder he should be. In reality it's more of the same from mm, we def don't do the guy any favours
Eat more chooks

Reply #303
Will get howled out of the Forum for this.....but I counted at least 8 of Simmo's kicks going straight to Bomber players..yes he was clearly our best and most courageous player..unquestioned from me>>but Simmo's disposal is symptomatic of why we are a mediocre 8-9th team.....looping chipped kicks with too much hang time for opposition teams to read and intercept....have a look at Hawthorns kicking skills...the current industry standard....they hit low hard passes that a) get from a to b quicker and b) cut the opposition player from getting in for the spoil/intercept......our field kicking skills suck let alone our goal kicking...maybe they go hand in hand....do we have a kicking skills coach? If so he should be sacked......

Also can someone take hold of Levi for 6 months of special basic kicking skills training in summer?

Just a few simple thoughts...maybe the Elephant in the room?

Reply #304
Will get howled out of the Forum for this.....but I counted at least 8 of Simmo's kicks going straight to Bomber players....

Gags - I haven't got the stats, but unless Simmo is shown as having committed 8 clangers, then you will be roundly proven to be incorrect with that call.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #305
Happy to stand corrected Brettie...just my observations at the game...depends how a clanger is classed I probably included some contested marks where Bomber players outmarked our guys so probably on the harsh side....just was an irritating trait that left an impression..no probs but I stand by my other comments on our general kicking skills

Reply #306
Simmo wasnt the lone ranger there thou.

The whole bloody team were kicking high loopy kicks all freaking night. U 16's stuff FFS.

I can understand when you have nothing to kick to but an opposition defender.....sure .Kick it as high as buggery to allow our players time to get to the contest. But how many bloody times did we kick it to contests that we were outnumbered 2 or 3  to 1?????

I'm another that will not put my hard earned into this club next year.
Not until I see our team playing with the passion , desparation and never say die attitude that I had come accustomed to watching, in a team wearing the Navy Blue.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #307
Happy to stand corrected Brettie...just my observations at the game...depends how a clanger is classed I probably included some contested marks where Bomber players outmarked our guys so probably on the harsh side....just was an irritating trait that left an impression..no probs but I stand by my other comments on our general kicking skills

All good Gags, just that overall any bad Simmo may have done on the night in that regard (and he is very much guilty of a weekly howler) was far outweighed by his good....and the bad of others.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #308
Who'd you tip Brettie?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #309
According to Caro on FC MM was told not to say anything about the scum in the lead up to the game and our players were apparently muzzled on the field and told not to sledge. Who is giving this directive? Surely it should be up to the coach what is said out on the field?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #310
According to Caro on FC MM was told not to say anything about the scum in the lead up to the game and our players were apparently muzzled on the field and told not to sledge. Who is giving this directive? Surely it should be up to the coach what is said out on the field?

That explains it PI2C - I was expecting a few on field fireworks but it all seemed pretty relaxed out there to me. In fact the atmosphere generally at the game, at least where I was sitting, seemed pretty flat and I actually had a bit of a chat myself with some Bummer fans before the game in the bar.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #311
We have literally managed to bumble 3 close games in  the dying  this year. Richmond round 1, running into goals and missing, bumbling at the death in round 11 against Essendon, then on top of bad kicking, McInnes idiotic fk up with half a minute to go, punching wgen he  should've mark, then wiping out Simmo to allow for the winner to be kicked. Could've got  McInnes and stung him up.

Even a draw would've shored up 9th spot but no, some idiot  had to fk up again.

Reply #312
Like I said, in the previous Bummers game it was Simon White, this time, enter McInnes with a horrid couple of blunders at the most crucial stage.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #313

WTF?? It is open slather out on the field (unless racist), gee talk about being a nanny state and not wanting to hurt someones feelings :P
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #314
I think the thread title needs to change from"Injectors" to "Jabbers".
The Force Awakens!