Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 23 In game Carlton Port Adelaide (Read 59276 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 23 In game Carlton Port Adelaide

Reply #120
One team is told to chip up the boundary and wonders why we get carved up back through the middle.

Old gameplan, old school coaching, same old blues.

Paganesque.

No effort mate.   No Chase.   No Desire.   No Tackle.  No nothing.

Game plan doesn't matter if you can't do the basics.

I know I know.

There workrate away from the contest (spread) is great and we're just watching

But it's also easy to get a lot of number to one side of the ground and split back through the middle.

Watch every kick out, loooonnggg to the boundary. Easy to defend, easy to counter.

It's not 2009/2010 anymore, turnovers and yuck movement is key.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #121
Few delistings ahead

Reply #122
No effort mate.   No Chase.   No Desire.   No Tackle.  No nothing.

Game plan doesn't matter if you can't do the basics.

Don't agree, the game plan gives players confidence and motivation. If you cannot sell the game plan to the players you have lost before you start!

MM will tell us they were not good enough, that it was not him or the game plan, but the truth is before the injuries hit Ratten was getting more out of this list!

Rattan can say that he won more games last year.

Reply #125
Playing for the jumper doesn't mean much to these guys does it.

Doesn't mean anything to the coach.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #126
One Million Dollars.  MM is getting One Million Dollars from us for this year.

If he had any screwing conscience at all, he would hand back that pay.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he has killed the spirit of our boys and now their confidence is shot.  They are not interested because every screwing game I've been to this year, they don't know what the screw they're supposed to be doing.

Eddie M must be laughing his head off.  What a complete embarrassment.

And what kind of first year coach comes in and says the list needs to be culled dramatically and that it's the fault of the players that they can't follow his game plan.  For a million dollars, I expect the man to work around deficiencies, build up our boys, get THE VERY BEST out of them.  Ask yourself - why are they no longer interested?  Murph is a shadow of himself, Yaz has zero confidence, Betts DGAF, Walker's dropped off, Waite looks over it  :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #127
Malthouse's kicking for goal has been terrible the last couple of weeks.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #128
There are players that make things happen-----then there are ours, who wonder WTF happened!

Awful first half, just effin' awful. Just don't look like they're remotely interested. >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
Few delistings ahead

Tom Bell, David Ellard, Matthew Watson, Sam Rowe (I know he's re-signed) Shaun Hampson, Robert Warnock.  I also looked to trade Lucas, Yarran, Garlett, Betts, Robinson.

Reply #130
One Million Dollars.  MM is getting One Million Dollars from us for this year.

They could of paid me a third of that and got the same result !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #131
We're poor ..... and this game exposes Malthouse's shortcomings as a coach as much as it does amplify the lazy administration of a club where accountability is non-existent and respect for our history, something they simply don't honour.

This one starts at the top ..... and to suggest otherwise is to mask failure for another decade.

Reply #132
It's so hard to watch.

Farm knows what we can do here - it's a slaughterhouse.

Kreuzer has 2 possessions to half time
Menzel has 2 possessions
Curnow has 4
Henderson has 1
Jamison has 2
McInnes has 1
Murphy has 8
Bell has 8
Warnock has 3

9 players doing zip. Can't win with that effort.

Reply #133
We're poor ..... and this game exposes Malthouse's shortcomings as a coach as much as it does amplify the lazy administration of a club where accountability is non-existent and respect for our history, something they simply don't honour.

This one starts at the top ..... and to suggest otherwise is to mask failure for another decade.

Quoted for truth & accuracy !!

Well said DTTL.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #134
Few delistings ahead

Few ???

Fairly conservative there Lance, I reckon it will be more like a massive avalanche actually.
You can turnover as many as you like, but you need to find better to replace. I doubt it will be a huge turnover and I'm not talking number wise. 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........