Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 49009 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #135
The problem at our club is that a large number of our experienced players are hacks, so how much benefit and cover do they provide for our youth?
In my opinion they are picking up bad habits and a losing mentality, better if they find their own way if they have the ability.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #136
Yep....only been getting 30 possies a game for GC in the JLT series, Cripps needs some help at the coalface, he was quiet last night and looked rusty, Barlow would have added some class
and let Cripps get a break from being the main man...you look in the twos and we have posters debating the merits of Nick Graham and how he could be our saviour...talk about deckchairs on the Titanic..
Barlow would have been great for our kids too, we need to invest in a couple of bigger mids who can at least match with players like Martin and not look intimidated like our blokes were....interesting how Hardwick praised Caddy for doing all the bullocking work and letting Martin, Prestia, Grigg do the damage...
Yep - Barlow or DeBoer would have been very handy, and we saw why last night. The other thing to remember if you can't put physical pressure on the opposition around the stoppages then you are going to get cut up. These guys also understand the defensive running and spread from clearances that is needed.

I was only watching on TV so couldn't really understand what role White, Army and Thomas were playing. Armfield was a total non event - 1 kick and 1 tackle with 80% game time!! We lacked run out of the backline and White appears to be part of that problem when trying to exit d50, and his skills are very ordinary. Plowman got a fair bit of the ball but he doesn't appear to be very mobile off hbf either.

Reply #137
I'm not going to say to much about the game other than:
- The result, and manner in which we lost, was disappointing (more of the same from the usual suspects);
- Seeing the future run around was pleasing.
Don't give up hope, there's always next week.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #138
What's this new punch it instead of mark it strategy in the back line?  I hope that's the last we see of that mindless moronic instruction.

Reply #139
And can i just say, that Rance is a dead set, dirty a#hole.

Agree. Such a hero to take out a blindsided 19 yo who had eyes only for the ball. Hopefully Rance's play will be scrutinised closely this year after his shenanigans last year.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #140
Yeah ... I'm gonna be something of a wet blanket and say I don't share the fervour everyone else seems to have for SOSOS, or TWOTT as I call him (The Worst Of The Three). Hopefully he proves me wrong in the coming years but, what's he got that's special/different?  I mean, is he super fast? ...brilliant overhead? ... electrifying goal sneak a la EB? Granted, his mum's still hot but I'm really hoping he doesn't become yet another Coodabeen Carlton Champion.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #141
What's this new punch it instead of mark it strategy in the back line?  I hope that's the last we see of that mindless moronic instruction.

Duh, my name's Sam and I like ta' punch things.

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #142
I think he is showing signs of being a classy forward Ivan... maybe in the Caracalla/Le Cras mould.

Was playing his 9th game last night,  kicked a couple, still has a long way to go.

No need to wet the bed yet.

Reply #143
Yeah ... I'm gonna be something of a wet blanket and say I don't share the fervour everyone else seems to have for SOSOS, or TWOTT as I call him (The Worst Of The Three). Hopefully he proves me wrong in the coming years but, what's he got that's special/different?  I mean, is he super fast? ...brilliant overhead? ... electrifying goal sneak a la EB? Granted, his mum's still hot but I'm really hoping he doesn't become yet another Coodabeen Carlton Champion.

I have to agree. He contests well and has earned his spot but the accolades he gets on this forum are way over the top.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #144

Reads the play and positions himself well, not afraid to go in hard to get the ball. With a bit more size on him I can easily see him being a very classy 3rd tall option. Played his best game last night and will only get better as the season progresses.

Reply #145
He's a lovely mover, chases and tackles well, has good skills, seems to have a natural instinct for the game and plays as though he belongs there after only a handful of games.
What's not to like?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #146
I have to agree. He contests well and has earned his spot but the accolades he gets on this forum are way over the top.

Agree. But that's more a reflection of this forum than young Jack. I'm in the "undecided" camp as far as JS is concerned.

I wonder if Bolts feels a bit of pressure to play him, regardless of how he performs ? Partly because of his old man and partly because he's already a crowd favourite - every time he goes near it, they go off.

Reply #147
He's a lovely mover, chases and tackles well, has good skills, seems to have a natural instinct for the game and plays as though he belongs there after only a handful of games.
What's not to like?

He just has to walk on the field to get best player votes here. If Daisy played the same game as Jack did last night there would still be calls to drop him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #148
Agree. But that's more a reflection of this forum than young Jack. I'm in the "undecided" camp as far as JS is concerned.

I wonder if Bolts feels a bit of pressure to play him, regardless of how he performs ? Partly because of his old man and partly because he's already a crowd favourite - every time he goes near it, they go off.

It's a non issue now as he's easily in our best side because we're a terrible football team but he wouldn't be close to getting a gig in a top side and when we do eventually bring some forward line talent in I'm not sure where he would fit. Too small to play key position and too slow to be a crumber.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #149
Bit early to stick the knife into Jack and he isnt on $750k a year either is he?