Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 9335 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #240
There is very little to actually play for in this game.

I suspect in 120 minutes of football, our boys will find charlie enough to give him 2 goals.
I suspect they will go there early and get it over and done with to stop a fev-like issue popping up late.

Reply #241
Quite a diverse emergency list to choose a sub from....

[22] Caleb Marchbank,
[27] Marc Pittonet,
[37] Jordan Boyd,
[35] Ed Curnow
Depth. What a wonderful thing. One to be named sub still at this stage.

Reply #242

I suspect in 120 minutes of football, our boys will find charlie enough to give him 2 goals.
I suspect they will go there early and get it over and done with to stop a fev-like issue popping up late.

Yes, i'm thinking not get injured, and getting kms into Cerra, Walsh and Durdin might be the prime goal today from many. We have nothing to play for at all. Compare that to the "life and death" situation of the opposition. Be a good indication of our mindset as a club if we have a good win. I'm thinking Charlie will get 2 somehow. Players will make sure of that.

Reply #243
Depth. What a wonderful thing. One to be named sub still at this stage.
Ed would be my bet. A John Farnham Last Time swansong. Kennedy is on track to be fit again for the finals. Cerra and Walsh coming back after some time, Hollands may be tired and could be the guy he replaces.

Reply #244

6pm on a Sunday night. My seats will be vacant.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #245
Ed would be my bet. A John Farnham Last Time swansong. Kennedy is on track to be fit again for the finals. Cerra and Walsh coming back after some time, Hollands may be tired and could be the guy he replaces.

Would have been nice if the 2nds had actually put in last week so the likes of Kennedy could have a run.

Reply #246
6pm on a Sunday night. My seats will be vacant.

Same here ... the degree of difficulty was too high  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #247
Same here ... the degree of difficulty was too high  :(
I'll be there, but I'll pay for it tonight and tomorrow. I struggle to get to sleep after the game these days. Day games much preferred.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #248
Waiting for release of finals fixture for Week 1 and booking a ticket and flying over......2-0 for games in Melbourne this year.

Reply #249
Waiting for release of finals fixture for Week 1 and booking a ticket and flying over......2-0 for games in Melbourne this year.
When do week 1 tickets go on sale?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #250
Yep
This is a  bit off a 'no anxiety' game.
A win would be nice.
Getting through injury free with a bit of a run into some of our injured is all we really need.

The reality is 'desire' and a 'job that needs to be done' can make a difference in most games.
When the opposition is playing for their season it can be significant.

Just by the nature of some of our selections I suspect the side are primed to just get through the game and make a bit of a contest.
They may be called on to 'up the tempo' and increase the pressure at various times in the game but I won't be surprised if it's not a full-on four quarter effort.
We could make a statement with just a short burst of our pressure football... as much as to say "This is what's coming for you if we play you in two weeks time".

We may see some good football from some of our fringe players who are playing for their finals spot, and I think there will be a bit of an effort to get a few goals to Charlie.
There may be some experimentation...possibly around the rucking for example.

The funny thing is that there is a danger in all this for GWS.
If they come in with the attitude "Carlton has nothing to play for" and think it will be an easy task then they may get a bit of a shock.

Reply #251
I suspect our team will now go hard early to secure Charlie the Coleman, and after that they will play the game as it unfolds in front of them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #252
I suspect our team will now go hard early to secure Charlie the Coleman, and after that they will play the game as it unfolds in front of them.

Sam Taylor's out now so that will help.

Reply #254
The confirmed sub will be, Marchbank.