Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy in strife (Read 20321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy in strife

Reply #75
Win games and Daisy could have his way with goat whilst swilling a bottle of Grange in the middle of Burke St and no one would care.

Dangerfield would!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Dangerfield would!
Dangerfield could set fire to Greater Geelong and be awarded a clean up Australia Medal.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Daisy

Reply #78
On another note, what's the general feeling about Thomas being dropped this week? We can't really afford to be dropping senior blokes but I'm happy with the club decision....he's been around long enough to realise he stuffed up and will cop it on the chin.

Re: Daisy

Reply #79
On another note, what's the general feeling about Thomas being dropped this week? We can't really afford to be dropping senior blokes but I'm happy with the club decision....he's been around long enough to realise he stuffed up and will cop it on the chin.

The forum is divided. Some think it's an appropriate sanction, some think it's OTT. Certainly doesn't help our chances on the weekend.

Reply #80

I say good move club. With so many youngsters on our list, the club had to punish him. Even just for the optics, it sets a bad example. It’s not about Daisy, it’s about the youngsters and the club branding. It’s a week off, not the end of the world like some peanuts are going on about. Move on.
Keep the Faith

Reply #81
I'm with Woodstock....if it was a young bloke he'd be dropped and doubt we'd question it. You can't have two sets of rules. It's not a good look just before a game and Thomas simply should've known better.

Reply #82
Bit of a mixed message with Thomas IMO, Judd assessed it as a low grade offense for a good cause yet the leadership group have gone hard.
Personally I would have fined Daisy but not suspended him...I reckon he might have played a big game this week to make up for his minor indiscretion and
I would have challenged him to be a leader and deliver on the field to pay back his teammates if what he did was such a major crime.

Reply #83
Bit of a mixed message with Thomas IMO, Judd assessed it as a low grade offense for a good cause yet the leadership group have gone hard.
Personally I would have fined Daisy but not suspended him...I reckon he might have played a big game this week to make up for his minor indiscretion and
I would have challenged him to be a leader and deliver on the field to pay back his teammates if what he did was such a major crime.

Agree EB.

Reply #84

Judd said that before he had all the facts.

Which is why there must be more to the story.

Reply #85
Lot of people using this as yet another opportunity to kick us when we're down.   Now even some nobody bachelorette Moll has waded in.   Really?   Get. A.  Life.

Let's beat the cheats and ram it so far up the media they choke on it (hey,  we can all dream).
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #86
Lot of people using this as yet another opportunity to kick us when we're down.   Now even some nobody bachelorette Moll has waded in.   Really?   Get. A.  Life.

Let's beat the cheats and ram it so far up the media they choke on it (hey,  we can all dream).
Who?

Yes, Bob has said don't play him for the rest of the year, as has Maclure apparently.  Swanny has been funny. Everyone has had a shot.  Personally I don't care, Daisy was stupid to do it and after not wanting him when MM bought him across (that was because he was good for culture, wasn't it? Because he was busted up), I have come to respect him because of the contract thing and also he gives 100% every game.  He made a mistake, at a charity event for goodness sake, I think he can be forgiven and we move on.

I enjoyed hearing the reporting on Ch7 Yesterday afternoon about Garry Ablett.  The reporting went 'as his teammates are in blizzard conditions training, Garry is taking a well earned break up on the Gold Coast in the sun, after being hit with a 1 week suspension'.  Excuse me?  A well earned break up to the sun, you say? for punching someone in the head.  3rd week in a row.  Absolutely amazing, one rule for one, one rule for the other.

Reply #87
My father in law called it after Ablett's second elbow, said he was trying to get a break.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
My father in law called it after Ablett's second elbow, said he was trying to get a break.

His status, age, and reputation at Geelong is such that I'm sure he would be rested if he simply asked. I doubt he needs to resort to head punches.

Reply #89

Well said Prof. That's the ultimate response required.
Don't think it would make it as 'news' though.????

Imo the club's response is one thing (which is ok for a club of good boys). The media response is another. That of course, is OTT. But that's life with the inherent biased force at play.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.