Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19 - Carlton vs Fremantle (In Game) (Read 45402 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19 - Carlton vs Fremantle (In Game)

Reply #45
So Rich lighting up the Gabba, Ziebel was pretty handy the other night, we got Yarran who couldnt give a flying fudge.
I reckon he's gone next year, can't see MM putting up with that $hite
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #46
I decided to  wait till half time till I said something.

Firstly it's a tough hard contest.
Secondly we still can't stick a tackle. And it's the same culprits every week. Garlett, Yarran, carrazo who was useless till he went off, as he has been the last three weeks. walker who is a champion at falling over and nothing much else. Oh, I forgot. Flying for the specy missing 99 out of 100, and kicking to the opposition. He's a champion at all of those. I would have put Gibbs in this non ability to stick a tackle column, but he's so gutless that he won't even try to tackle. And he's non-negotiable as far as trade goes. Give me a break Mick!! ::) ::) ::)

But the worst passenger by far, is Sam Rowe.

How anyone who has any knowledge of what is required to play at the top level, can possibly defend his position in the team is beyond me. I have been watching him when he flies, if you can call it that, for a contested mark. he can't mark them because he doesn't even try to.

I'm told he is being placed in the Sistine Chapel and they are removing the statue of David. Because that's what he is, a statue.

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for him as someone who has conquered cancer. I have personal experience with that disease. But this isn't about how great he's been overcoming the disease, it's about his capacity to offer our team a competitive big man when we need one. And he offers nothing.

Please Mick, bring Levi back into the team. At least we all know that he can take a pack mark, which already puts him way in front of Rowe.

Our decision making has been terrible.

The positives, are Judd, been fantastic, Kruezer, tried hard, Brock and Lucas when he came on, both o.k.

And yes, I'll say it. WATSON. Surprisingly good tonight so far. Let's hope the penny has dropped with him and he continues to give us something.

If we win this, and that's highly unlikely, it will be by far our best win oif the season, IMO

Reply #47
2nd half needs.

1. Tackles to stick.   2. More marks cluncked.  3. Running harder to follow the opponent both ways.  4. Kick every shot at goal.  5. All players to lift. Especially these;

Walker, Murphy, Curnow, Betts, Garlett, Yarran, Rowe, Kreuzer, Cachia, Jamison, Gibbs, McLean, Scotland, Armfield, Robinson.

We need to get right in their face. Including not getting pushed over off our feet like I saw from Walker. Murphy not allowing cheap shot punches to his chest. HIT BACK. Not slipping at every opportunity like Henderson, Rowe and Walker have been doing. Fight to win ever possession. Man up on every player. Play like its a grand final. It just might become that game for us. A last chance. Otherwise this game is lost. They are all over us. Completely smothering us all over the ground and pushing us backwards on every disposal. I know the boys are trying hard, but hard is just not enough at the moment. COME ON......

Aye Mants our guys just need to show a desire to work hard and get the basics right.

A very very lazy half of footy from most of our mob.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48
Lucas gave us a little when he came on as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
Sorry fly, I just see we can win this one if everyone lifts. If we continue like the first half we are toast. Carrazzo is subbed off so we can't have another player go down.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #51

now that is simply BS.

Hendo rarely sighted - ditto Betts, Garlett Armfield, the Captain, Yarran, Walker has been putrid, Jamo has had the usual brain fades, Robbo - clearly lacks a brain.

The ball movement has been slow and putrid, can't blame the forwards.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
Agree bignic, Watson has been good tonight and MM is asking him to play a few different roles.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #53
I'm taking up a collection to pay Betts $600,000 to leave Carlton >:( >:(

Reply #54
Sorry fly, I just see we can win this one if everyone lifts. If we continue like the first half we are toast. Carrazzo is subbed off so we can't have another player go down.

no doubt but can our leaders eg marc - STAND UP tonight?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55

now that is simply BS.

Hendo rarely sighted - ditto Betts, Garlett Armfield, the Captain, Yarran, Walker has been putrid, Jamo has had the usual brain fades, Robbo - clearly lacks a brain.

The ball movement has been slow and putrid, can't blame the forwards.

Yes, they haven't been good, but he's been fkn hopeless!!  While it is true that they have fkd up, at least they have got the ball.

Reply #57
Probably been said 10 times already but Murphy really needs to harden up.  Its embarrassing.

Aprt from that did anyone else see crowley pinch Murphy on the arm as we was standing back up disgrace.  

Reply #58
Probably been said 10 times already but Murphy really needs to harden up.  Its embarrassing.

Aprt from that did anyone else see crowley pinch Murphy on the arm as we was standing back up disgrace.

I saw it. Murphy is a target and needs to dish it out himself.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #59
who the F. is on Fyfe?
Finals, then 4 in a row!