Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Essendon at Peptide Park on Sat  (Read 10467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Essendon at Peptide Park on Sat

Reply #15
I'm over losing to sides wearing black and red - we seem to save our worst efforts for them...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16

To add insult to injury, they don't sell meat pies at Windy Hill... now what the f*ck is that all about! Footy without a pie or 3 is bordering on immoral.

Thanks for the sad feedback - glad I had other things to do today

>:( :( :o :'( - unbelievable about the pies

Did you have to pay to get in to witness the disappointment?

Reply #17
Look it probably deserves it's own thread but WTF is happening with pies in this country??

Holden is gone, and we can wrestle with the economic argument there, but pies are still viable. The AFL should also take into account the ramifications of the song. Holden's gone, pies are going, so that just leaves footy and Kangaroos.We used to have a pie here in Geelong made by Beaumonts that was the best pie in the world. The company was acquired firstly by Balfours and is now in the hands of Routleys. The Great Beaumont pie is now just a distant memory I'm afraid. If anyone knows someone who knows the recipe I'd be forever indebted.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/VGW-WX77zjY&feature=kp[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #18

To add insult to injury, they don't sell meat pies at Windy Hill... now what the f*ck is that all about! Footy without a pie or 3 is bordering on immoral.

When I read that, I knew it must have a true disaster.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Essendon   2.3  7.5  11.8  16.11 (107)
Northern Blues   1.4  4.9  5.11  8.15 (63)

GOALS:
Essendon: Coghlan 4 Langford 3 Dell'Olio 2 Fantasia  Kefford  Colyer  Thurlow  Mellington  Jetta  Edwards
Northern Blues: Wilson 2 Bransgrove  Carrazzo  Wood  Sheehan  Reynolds  Graham

BEST:
Essendon: Coghlan O'Brien Steinberg Dalgleish Edwards Tagliabue
Northern Blues: Wilson Sheehan Watson Graham Cattapan Holman

Our kicking, 8 goals 15 behinds, That tells a tale in itself, yet again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20

Did you have to pay to get in to witness the disappointment?

I thought of asking for a refund!

Amazing the number of used syringe recepticles all around Windy Hill - hundreds... sorry, couldn't resist  :P
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Wish I'd known you were there AGE Old Son... could have caught up for a chat.

Horrible game. We (Mrs Baggers and moi) left half way through the last qtr. She reckons it was just about the worst game she has seen in terms of turn-overs and errors. The number of times we gave the aggott back to the Bumbers was just pathetic. Terrible disposal / skills. There were a few stages of the game where we were all over them but just couldn't convert, then they'd go forward and register a major... reckon this got to the boys after a while.

Graham got plenty of it but again failed to hurt enough with his disposals... a good % of which went to the opposition. But at least he was putting in. He's such a ball magnet, just gotta find a way to do better with the ample possessions.

Lucas was simply awful. I doubt if one of his disposals was to our advantage - the turnover king. Looks very dispirited.

Carrots got better as the game wore on but he was favouring his heavily bandaged right leg. Was very ginge walking up and down the steps to the club rooms.

Watson spent time up forward as well as defence... either end he was beaten to the pill by his opponent. But gee he's a great kick!

McInnes - beaten. Ordinary.

Bootsma - beaten. Ordinary.

Temay battled hard and did a few nice things... too few, however.

Holman was tried in defence. Seems to have gone backwards (no pun intended).

Blaine Johnson did some nice things... used further up the ground today rather than strictly up forward. Terrific kick but did turn it over too many times - like a lot of his mates. All in all though, one of our better players.

Cieran Sheehan was very good and kicked a ripper goal. Continues to improve. Also one of the better CFC listed players.

Cieran Byrne also showed promise and is improving. (both 'Cierans' have a great attitude to the game and go in hard and strong... but still heaps to learn).

Wood was serviceable overall and strong at the ruck contests. Did well against a huge opponent in terms of height. Don't know who he is (Bumbers no. 58) but he looks about 30 foot tall! Not quite, listed by Bombers as 206, previuos clubs had him at 204, NSW guy by the name of Sam Tagliabue

Giles was so so. Likewise Reynolds. Neither seemed capable of taking the game on when needed... Reynolds took a strong mark at an important time in the game and converted from about 50 but gee we need to see more.

Of the Preston boys, Cattapan and Wilson were very good, along with the Skipper (Box). Don't know who number 16 was but gee he never stopped putting in and did some really strong & desperate things. Michael Dufficy, good development squad player must be getting on to mid 20s now, ex Knights.Jack Anthony (played at both ends) did some good things!

Good to see Cachia, SOV, SOJ and Jeffy there supporting the boys.

All in all a long drive to watch a shizen game full of errors (mostly from us) and disappointing performances. You'd see better disposal from junior football sides.

Does look like the cupboard is bare, doesn't it?

Reply #22
Thanks for the report Baggers.

How close is Sheehan and where do you see him playing.?

Hopefully not just another HBF.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #23
Like this fella Dufficy... if he is in his mid 20s, probably left his run too late. Reads the play really well and doesn't take a backward step.

To clarify one point, I did mention that at times we were all over them but couldn't convert. I really believe this sucked the air out of the boys' sails. We should have been a few up at half time, that is how bad the disposal / skills were. We were winning it okay but just some of the most horrible skill errors / turnovers handed them at least 4 or 5 easy goals. And as expected that helped the Bumber's confidence... they were slotting them / making the most of their opportunities.

Personnel wise, I was most disappointed with Giles and Reynolds. Reynolds in particular had been showing something. Lucas was terrible and caused so many groans from CFC supporters there (and laughs from EFC supporters) that it was actually embarrassing. His ability to chose the wrong option was breathtaking. Should be in the development squad - liability.

Searching for a positive or two... the Ciarans (particularly the Sheehan one), Blaine Johnson, Carrotts improving as the game wore on, Graham getting heaps of it (learn to hurt the opposition with your disposals, Cocko!) and there's a Preston big fella (no. 18), Coulson I think, who would be well worth watching. Only 20 and needs a kg or two (would be about 90kgs) but moves well and thinks like a footballer - 197 cm. Although Nick Holman lost his spot in the midfield and was tried down back, he did show real promise and perhaps this is a part of his education.

Reply #24
Thanks for the report Baggers.

How close is Sheehan and where do you see him playing.?

Hopefully not just another HBF.

If he continues to improve at the rate he is improving - yesterday would have been only about his 8th proper game of AFL footy, then you'd reckon he'd get a taste of the big stuff before the year is out. Palpable improvement. Yesterday I saw him actually take on the game / opponents in an aggressive, offensive play that resulted in him kicking a running goal from about 50. Not the prettiest of goals in terms of how the ball spun sideways towards goal... but it was accurate which was way more than some of his mates. Does not hesitate. Gave away a 50 metre at one stage with a late 'bump' but the bloke he collected was genuinely rattled. In marking contests he is obviously following instructions in terms of bringing it to ground / spoiling but I would love to see him given more licence as he often gets the front position.

With a bigger tank and more work on his disposal skills plus natural learning (which means patience on our part) I reckon he could well go through the midfield. He loves to take the game on and is naturally aggressive and offensive... has already, in many respects, passed Lucas, Bootsma, Giles, McInnes and Temay.

Reply #25
Good.

Cheers.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #26
I don't really understand playing 2 of your 3 emergencies the day before a game. What if we have two late outs?

Reply #27
They need to play Milkit they can't all miss a game for fear of a late change or two.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
I don't really understand playing 2 of your 3 emergencies the day before a game. What if we have two late outs?

All you need to do is play someone for a half or so in the 2's, then if there is another late out, make that player the sub.

Reply #29
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Werribee Tigers   3.1  6.3  10.5  14.9 (93)
Northern Blues   2.4  5.6  10.7  14.9 (93)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Maric 4 Buchanan 2 Maric 2 Porter  Iles  Hussey  Brett  Norris  Wales
Northern Blues: Haynes 3 Kur 2 Murray 2 Totevski 2 Dorman  Dirago  Emley  Posar  Curnow

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Mihocek Boag Fairley Wales Robinson Norris
Northern Blues: Johnston Haynes Gleeson Taglieri McCann Murray
Live Long and Prosper!