Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 18 Carlton vs Collingwood at the MCG (Read 9775 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Promise AFL Rd 18 Carlton vs Collingwood at the MCG

Reply #122
Weiters to captain.

Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance this ends up crowdless game.

Sadly it already is.

Reply #123
So your 79 then  ;D  ;D
With the week i've had, i feel it.

Stepped on a nail, pissing out blood everywhere. Patch it up and continue working.
Go to get a tetanus shot the next day....can't get in because i've got a cough.
Go get covid tested - negative
Go get shot...thats fine.
Go back the next day for blood test ask about cough...says it fine.
6 days later i've coughed so much my guts hurt, reckon i've pulled a muscle in my neck from it as well....and its not getting better.
At least i can walk again.

Lockdown has stopped us from having family/friends visit...it was my wifes 40th on tuesday and my 41st tomorrow...party was today...all gone to hell.

At least we should beat the old enemy tomorrow......cripps out.
*sigh*

I've got 3 more holes in my body than i started the week with.

Reply #124
Sadly it already is.
 Thanks I must have missed that, I avoided games this season for this very reason, it was really only a matter of time before this happened.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #125
With the week i've had, i feel it.

Stepped on a nail, pissing out blood everywhere. Patch it up and continue working.
Go to get a tetanus shot the next day....can't get in because i've got a cough.
Go get covid tested - negative
Go get shot...thats fine.
Go back the next day for blood test ask about cough...says it fine.
6 days later i've coughed so much my guts hurt, reckon i've pulled a muscle in my neck from it as well....and its not getting better.
At least i can walk again.

Lockdown has stopped us from having family/friends visit...it was my wifes 40th on tuesday and my 41st tomorrow...party was today...all gone to hell.

At least we should beat the old enemy tomorrow......cripps out.
*sigh*

I've got 3 more holes in my body than i started the week with.
I stepped on nail years ago, went to the Austin for a tetanus shot. Doc gave me one but reckons you only need one if the nail has been in dirt and mud. If its clean or even rusty, he reckoned it'll do know harm, abit of antiseptic is all you need. HBD for tomorrow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #126
With today's result a win tomorrow just puts us one game out of the 8.

Reply #127
Weiters to captain.

Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance this ends up crowdless game.

There's no chance that it can be anything other than a crowdless game.  No crowd at Darklands for the Saints/Port game.

Good to see Weiters as skipper.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #128
I stepped on nail years ago, went to the Austin for a tetanus shot. Doc gave me one but reckons you only need one if the nail has been in dirt and mud. If its clean or even rusty, he reckoned it'll do know harm, abit of antiseptic is all you need. HBD for tomorrow.
New nail, but went through my boot which had mud on it, and it was covered in 100+ yo dust.

I wasn't going to....but my wife talked me into it.....even if it did ruin her 40th.

Reply #129
New nail, but went through my boot which had mud on it, and it was covered in 100+ yo dust.

I wasn't going to....but my wife talked me into it.....even if it did ruin her 40th.

There's a cut-off age for tetanus shots.  I came off my mountain-bike several years ago and skinned my knuckles.  The wounds became infected and I had a tetanus shot.  The Doc said that it would be the last tetanus shot I could have.  I'm not sure what would happen if I stepped on a nail now  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #130
With Williamson and Newman in the side, don’t be surprised if they throw the onus onto Williams to work through the mid field. Vs Collingwood, wet track possibly, at the G……they are the components that saw him play his best on ball game ever.

Reply #131
With Williamson and Newman in the side, don’t be surprised if they throw the onus onto Williams to work through the mid field. Vs Collingwood, wet track possibly, at the G……they are the components that saw him play his best on ball game ever.
Rain before and after the game I reckon
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #132

I think that's the sort of positional change that could give us the edge.  Same with Stocker; Collingwood's opposition analyst won't be expecting adventurous tactics from us and running Stocker and Williams in the midfield could upset their matchups.

Reply #133
Although not a betting person, I'll put a red spot on us - first time I've ever bet on a game. H to kick 4 and BlueBaggers to win by 44+.

I wish you luck!

The only game this season where I was convinced we'd win was against a Collingwood side that was an absolute rabble ... and that worked out well.

It's going to be more of a challenge this time but, if the coach gets his act together, we have to be in with a chance.

Reply #134
I wish you luck!

The only game this season where I was convinced we'd win was against a Collingwood side that was an absolute rabble ... and that worked out well.

It's going to be more of a challenge this time but, if the coach gets his act together, we have to be in with a chance.
Little to do with the coach and more to do with the players and what they stand for. Chances of playing finals are as close to zero as fark is to swearing. At some point we will see players who have checked out for the year, hope it not today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th