Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Pre Game Anticipation: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 23163 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Pre Game Anticipation: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #45
Carlton

B: Simon White, Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe.
HB: Zach Tuohy, Sam Docherty, Kade Simpson.
C: Blaine Boekhorst, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow.
HF: Dennis Armfield, Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Wright.
F: Dylan Buckley, Levi Casboult, Jack Silvagni.
Foll: Andrew Phillips, Bryce Gibbs, Sam Kerridge.
Int: Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas, Andrew Walker, Nick Graham, Liam Sumner, Mark Whiley, Andrejs Everitt.

In: Dale Thomas, Andrew Walker, Mark Whiley

Walker will play if he can play at all.
Weitering was injured last week, and not for the first time, and was not mentioned during the week. How he is really going is anyone's guess.
I would have started Thomas off in the VFL: he has had an extended break. Finding form in the VFL is not a sin.
I would like to see another large forward out there to take marks, but that is not to be.

St Kilda

B: Dylan Roberton, Sean Dempster, Jarryn Geary.
HB: Jack Newnes, Sam Gilbert, Leigh Montagna.
C: Shane Savage, Sebastian Ross, Blake Acres.
HF: Maverick Weller, Nick Riewoldt, Jack Billings.
F: Tim Membrey, Josh Bruce, Nathan Wright.
Foll: Tom Hickey, Luke Dunstan, Jack Steven.
Int: David Armitage, Jade Gresham, Sam Fisher, Daniel McKenzie, Cameron Shenton, Darren Minchington, Jason Holmes.

In: Sam Fisher, Cameron Shenton, Jason Holmes

St Kilda will be confident after flogging us last time with most of their talls unavailable. Especially as their ruck division dominated and Jack Steven was allowed to run around freely. If we repeat that blunder, we are toast. Interesting to see who lines up on Riewoldt too.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
How about introducing some pace into team Whiley/ Thomas ? Tex is excused. What about introducing a youngster the swans have had 6 debutants this yr.

Reply #47
Be nice if we could man Steven up and have players in front of him so he cant run onto taps from Hickey and run out of the centre with no one in front of him....
Simon White could be a good player to man Membrey up with this time....

Reply #48
How about introducing some pace into team Whiley/ Thomas ? Tex is excused. What about introducing a youngster the swans have had 6 debutants this yr.
Where's the pace in the 2's Mina? Tutt???

Reply #49
Gee, the writing is surely on the wall for Liam Jones. Gotta be gawn even with one year remaining on his contract??

Reply #50
Gee, the writing is surely on the wall for Liam Jones. Gotta be gawn even with one year remaining on his contract??

I can only assume he is either now considered back up for the younger guys, or else Bolts just doesn't want him around. I was not a fan initially, but he's been ok the times I've seen him this season. I would've thought his wage is the lowest of the low, and keeping on for one more season would make sense.

Reply #51
I can only assume he is either now considered back up for the younger guys, or else Bolts just doesn't want him around. I was not a fan initially, but he's been ok the times I've seen him this season. I would've thought his wage is the lowest of the low, and keeping on for one more season would make sense.

Much will come down to the ins and outs of list management.

Reply #52

Maybe that will happen. We got him pretty cheaply and he's probably seen as low cost insurance. Jaksh is also well on the outer and it'll be interesting to see whether he is retained - not even named as an emergency this week and unlikely to get another senior gig this year I would think.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Maybe that will happen. We got him pretty cheaply and he's probably seen as low cost insurance. Jaksh is also well on the outer and it'll be interesting to see whether he is retained - not even named as an emergency this week and unlikely to get another senior gig this year I would think.

Yes, fair points cookie. If you look at this season, he hasn't done too much wrong, and for all his oft discussed limitations, we do seem a better team with him there. If he's feeling a little aggrieved at being constantly overlooked, it may not be entirely  unjustified.

Reply #54
I reckon Thomas, Walker and Weitering are certainties to play assuming that Weitering is fit, so that leaves room for one of Sumner, Graham, Whiley and Everitt.
I doubt that Whiley will get a gig and Walker will probably take Sumner's spot, Everitt's form has been down but he's capable of kicking multiple goals and scoring has been our biggest problem this season.
Graham's pedestrian, he lays a fair few tackles but doesn't impact on games and he's pretty slow.
Everitt, Walker, Thomas and Weitering in the 22, Graham if Weitering doesn't play.
Casboult's lucky in my opinion, Jones must really be on the outer.
Hopefully Murphy's back next week and we have a few more wins to round out the season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #55
I reckon Thomas, Walker and Weitering are certainties to play assuming that Weitering is fit, so that leaves room for one of Sumner, Graham, Whiley and Everitt.
I doubt that Whiley will get a gig and Walker will probably take Sumner's spot, Everitt's form has been down but he's capable of kicking multiple goals and scoring has been our biggest problem this season.
Graham's pedestrian, he lays a fair few tackles but doesn't impact on games and he's pretty slow.
Everitt, Walker, Thomas and Weitering in the 22, Graham if Weitering doesn't play.
Casboult's lucky in my opinion, Jones must really be on the outer.
Hopefully Murphy's back next week and we have a few more wins to round out the season.

I would have thought Sumner might be a good chance to play because of his speed, especially against the Saints?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
I would have thought Sumner might be a good chance to play because of his speed, especially against the Saints?

He's got some pace but he doesn't get much of the ball and doesn't kick many goals, he looks like he might make the grade eventually but he'll need to improve by a fair margin.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #57
Weitering has to be doubtful if named on the bench.

Reply #58
He's got some pace but he doesn't get much of the ball and doesn't kick many goals, he looks like he might make the grade eventually but he'll need to improve by a fair margin.
He looks like he is carrying abit of pudding compared to the other guys. He needs to get himself supremely fit over the PS, if he does that he will be a jet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #59
He looks like he is carrying abit of pudding compared to the other guys. He needs to get himself supremely fit over the PS, if he does that he will be a jet.
PS He also has to do something with that hair, its a shocker! :D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time