Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 34917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
So we push him up after one game with managed time on the field, he plays an ordinary game because he’s still trying to find the pace at VFL level let alone AFL, and we all start calling him a dud, spud, underdone, useless etc.  Let him build up match fitness in the 2s to give him a chance to succeed.

x200
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
So we push him up after one game with managed time on the field, he plays an ordinary game because he’s still trying to find the pace at VFL level let alone AFL, and we all start calling him a dud, spud, underdone, useless etc.  Let him build up match fitness in the 2s to give him a chance to succeed.

I don't think it would be a priority to rush Lang in although fully firing he would be valuable no doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Sadly I think this true. He is becoming a liability in the backline with his poor disposal, turns it over more often than not. His endeavour, putting his body on the line and commitment remains elite, perhaps a fwd role would better suit him?

It might well do, but that raises the question who replaces him in the back half.  Whoever it is, short of a Docherty medical miracle, won't help the inexperienced oversized back line improve.

Reply #33
Weitering and Kreuzer should be good to go, logic says that Phillips and O'Shea will make way.
No one really put their hand up in the VFL as far as I know so they would probably be the only changes, especially as Cunningham has copped an injury.
I've got a feeling that we'll be beaten but not humiliated.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #34
Geez I can't believe with all the other spuds we have currently running around in the side Simmo's place is being questioned. F ME.

Reply #35
Geez I can't believe with all the other spuds we have currently running around in the side Simmo's place is being questioned. F ME.

Simmo won't be dropped IMO. He's part of the heart and soul of our club.

Reply #36
Weitering and Kreuzer should be good to go, logic says that Phillips and O'Shea will make way.
No one really put their hand up in the VFL as far as I know so they would probably be the only changes, especially as Cunningham has copped an injury.
I've got a feeling that we'll be beaten but not humiliated.

I said it last week, and i'll say it again this week.

I'd keep reseting Kreuzer and playing Phillips.

No point rushing Kreuzer back....are we hoping for finals??
Phillips could very much be a long term #1 option if we develop him like we are attempting to do with the others. Now is the time to keep playing him.

Currently Phillips is superior in hitouts to advantage based on what i've seen. His leap is superior as well.
His work around the ground could use some work, but his effort is not lacking.

Phillips is underrated IMO. Lets see what he's got. His leaping advantage could very much help us against Sauce Jacobs who will outdo Kreuzer in most ruck contests.

Reply #37
Yes Cookie, but you have to admit he is butchering it a little more than usual. I also realise its very hard to dump nearly 300 games of experience at this point in time so we must cut him a little slack I suppose. What else can we do?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Yes Cookie, but you have to admit he is butchering it a little more than usual. I also realise its very hard to dump nearly 300 games of experience at this point in time so we must cut him a little slack I suppose. What else can we do?

Yes he has made a few blues but his presence is very important to us atm GTC, along with Daisy, Ed, Sam Rowe and even Levi. The kids need them present for them for the time being imho as the  mature influencers. That's more important than a few mistakes.

Reply #39
Yes he has made a few blues but his presence is very important to us atm GTC, along with Daisy, Ed, Sam Rowe and even Levi. The kids need them present for them for the time being imho as the  mature influencers. That's more important than a few mistakes.
Yep
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40
Phillips is underrated IMO. Lets see what he's got. His leaping advantage could very much help us against Sauce Jacobs who will outdo Kreuzer in most ruck contests.

What evidence do you have to support that, are you sure history supports that claim?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
At the rate the Crows are accumulating injuries, cans and "tests" Gibbs could well be captaining against us! ;D

For all the naysayers Gibbs had here at Carlton, my Adelaide mate thinks he and Laird are probably 1st and 2nd in the Crow's B&F at the moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42

Is there a worse left foot kick in the comp?
We all love his commitment but wow he can turn it over.

Reply #43

Are we too accepting of the gut wrenching failure, the supreme effort forever falling just short?

It would be an interesting message to send, I think we need it!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #44

I think we'll have to wear his faults this year JH. He'll probably finish up then.