Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 12101 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #165
That answer by Laura Kane was horrific.

You could clearly see that Cripps was closest to the contest and Harry wasn’t actually involved where the player ended up.
Umpire error 100%

Reply #166
She talks about common sense, how about the umpire use some and think to himself: Hang on minute, Cripps is standing the mark but it should be Harry "Hey Harry, come back and stand on the mark please, Patrick clear off please". The umpire in that instance has to have the awareness that unintentionally, the wrong player is standing the mark and if he is so adamant to correct it, then farken correct it. Dont penalise the guy after he looks, sees his team mate standing then leaves to get out of the zone. Alternatively, let it slide and play on. Imbeciles (umpire, Football Boss and interviewer, not a brain between them).

The real common-sense aspect is really, who cares who stands the mark. Surely that's up to the players themselves. As long it is someone. It's surely not that hard.

Reply #167
What stood out for me was Cripps jumper being pulled at most stoppages, he got a few and they missed a few more.

i reckon a lot of teams roll the dice with this.  hold the playmaker at every opportuinity - they arent going to call it every time.  so, you hold him at 100 stopages, and they pay 2 free kicks.  pretty good result

Reply #168
i reckon a lot of teams roll the dice with this.  hold the playmaker at every opportuinity - they arent going to call it every time.  so, you hold him at 100 stopages, and they pay 2 free kicks.  pretty good result
What I've always stated is that it's the when and where that is more important than the count.

Sometimes they call it when you've got a clear break and kill your momentum, sometimes you get it on the HBF or Wing where it makes stuff all difference, then all of a sudden someone gets the odd one in front of goal which can be game changing.

I do like the NRL system, which as part of it's score review looks at infringements through the whole chain of play / possession to the score, start taking goals off teams who infringe in the chain of play and you'll see it greatly diminish. They wouldn't need to do it for everything, just when a goal is actually scored. Like that push in the back to Young last weekend.
The Force Awakens!